Page 83 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Kind of excited about next year. Tough schedule.
    Outside of 2014, our up years always seem to line up with a more difficult schedule than average. The sec is always tough but drawing Georgia and now having Kentucky on the road with them recruiting like a semi blue blood sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Outside of 2014, our up years always seem to line up with a more difficult schedule than average. The sec is always tough but drawing Georgia and now having Kentucky on the road with them recruiting like a semi blue blood sucks.
    Should be interesting. We recruited fairly well ourselves.

vCash
    There's gonna be another wave of players hitting the portal after the bowl games. Get ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    There's gonna be another wave of players hitting the portal after the bowl games. Get ready.
    Hoping Santa delivers some good ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Allen, yes. Elam and Quick, no.
    Doubt we grab another HS kid beyond Allen and those commits signing later unless I'm just forgetting someone. Portal is about to get crae crae! OL, DB, K, WR are leading the way. Hopefully we get some good news soon.
    I am hoping to get as many as possible especially a safety and tackle in for the spring if we hope to use them this fall. I had not thought about a WR even being a need but if you can improve you do it.

Getting that kicker in would be nice but mostly just to see what we have to ease our minds. I doubt it makes that much difference getting him in early for his performance ability. I have never really seen kickers develop, they either have "it" or not.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    The only position that's really needed in the spring imo would be an OL or QB. Everybody else could be here in the summer & be fine. We brought in 4 transfers last year & only 1 was here for spring.

vCash

I still say it can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    The only position that's really needed in the spring imo would be an OL or QB. Everybody else could be here in the summer & be fine. We brought in 4 transfers last year & only 1 was here for spring.
    Only Calvin missed the spring. I looked at the spring game roster, they were all here.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp..._rVIBc0cF1.jpg

I am sure a more veteran guy can make the transition better but those extra reps for a safety has to help them if they are coming from a different coverage package.

vCash
    Is there anyway Mingo transfers out? Heard rumors but figure they are unwarranted

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Is there anyway Mingo transfers out? Heard rumors but figure they are unwarranted
    Outside of this board I've been told by multiple people that it's a done deal he isn't returning. One says he's a heavy lean to us and the other said they didn't feel confident in predicting.

But then again I had four (albeit different than these two) people independently tell me that Marcus Banks was announcing to Miami on Christmas Eve. So gotta remember these are young men in a changing time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Outside of this board I've been told by multiple people that it's a done deal he isn't returning. One says he's a heavy lean to us and the other said they didn't feel confident in predicting.

But then again I had four (albeit different than these two) people independently tell me that Marcus Banks was announcing to Miami on Christmas Eve. So gotta remember these are young men in a changing time.
    Thanks for the info. Would love to see him and Will back together

vCash
    Anybody got an update on the receivers coach opening? I thought Leach was waiting until after signing day but it looks like he's waiting until after the bowl game.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCdawg View Post
    Anybody got an update on the receivers coach opening? I thought Leach was waiting until after signing day but it looks like he's waiting until after the bowl game.
    Only asst. coach news that I've heard is that Phelps is on OU's shortlist for DL coaches. But not at the top.

vCash
    I think Lashley, Polk, and Green were here in the spring. Maybe Calvin wasn’t? I can’t remember.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    There is a shot. When he got hurt there was a very good shot but when he was able to come back and play I think it helped him to settle in a bit. But do not think for a second that he does not want to come play with Will again. A lot of it will have to do with who OM wants to play QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCdawg View Post
    Hollingshead current quality control or Chad Bumphis

vCash
    Why do we need a QB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    Why do we need a QB?
    Agree!

vCash
    Why do we need a QB?
    Because we need some competition.

I've accepted that Will is pretty good, but we're going to be starting two new tackles next season, against the nation's best pass rushers, & we don't have a QB that moves very well. That's just not a formula for 10+ wins, which is absolutely what we should be shooting for.

No matter how excited we are about next season, there is an absolute ceiling to this team, that is likely below where we want it, unless we get a QB that can move & extend plays when our tackles are beat.

Again, this isn't to say Will isn't good. With a clean pocket, you'd be hard pressed to find better, but clean pockets are going to be hard to come by in some of our bigger games.

I'm not freaking out & saying this is a MUST HAVE or that Will isn't capable of being really really good, but, if the staff is smart, they'll keep an eye out if the right opportunity presents itself. I'm also curious to see what Sawyer looks like in the Spring
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-24-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Why do we need a QB?
    I don?t think he?s saying we need a QB, I think he?s saying in general that QB & OL are the two positions that are most important to get in early to get work in & the others are way easier to catch up & be ready to play by the start of the season. This is how I interpreted his post anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Because we need some competition.

I've accepted that Will is pretty good, but we're going to be starting two new tackles next season, against the nation's best pass rushers, & we don't have a QB that moves very well. That's just not a formula for 10+ wins, which is absolutely what we should be shooting for.

No matter how excited we are about next season, there is an absolute ceiling to this team, that is likely below where we want it, unless we get a QB that can move & extend plays when our tackles are beat.

Again, this isn't to say Will isn't good. With a clean pocket, you'd be hard pressed to find better, but clean pockets are going to be hard to come by in some of our bigger games.

I'm not freaking out & saying this is a MUST HAVE or that Will isn't capable of being really really good, but, if the staff is smart, they'll keep an eye out if the right opportunity presents itself. I'm also curious to see what Sawyer looks like in the Spring
    What about Locke, is he that type of quarterback?