Page 42 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post

Saban wouldn't recruit them if it didn't mean anything.
    Are they 4* so Saban recruits them or are they 4* because Saban recruits them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Are they 4* so Saban recruits them or are they 4* because Saban recruits them?
    The fact that they beat the crap out of most all people. I’m going with real 4 stars.

vCash
    When I see rosebowl saying stone is "working thru the process" to make his decision. That tells me enough about where he will end up... Oh well

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    One thing in our favor is his GF is transferring to State next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    When I see rosebowl saying stone is "working thru the process" to make his decision. That tells me enough about where he will end up... Oh well
    This has been trending badly for a long time. Rosebowl has stuck to his guns on this one way too long.

vCash
    If we get all of the guys we are after, this will be a really good class whether stone commits or not. I think the coaching carousel is playing right into our hands and we are getting many of these guys that may have gone to LSU or ole miss or tenn. class looks loaded if we close on these guys.

vCash
    I'm fine with whatever Stone does. He's the least of my worries with this class. We're about to grab up two commits this week (minimum). Just need to sort out the DB and OL and we'll be good because I'm already counting the top DL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm fine with whatever Stone does. He's the least of my worries with this class. We're about to grab up two commits this week (minimum). Just need to sort out the DB and OL and we'll be good because I'm already counting the top DL.
    Agreed with you on this. We're gonna finish strong with or without stone.

vCash
    Kaydin Pope announcing at 1 PM today.

He going to commit to the good guys today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Agreed with you on this. We're gonna finish strong with or without stone.
    Agree, I guess I just don't understand someone who wants to play Baseball even blinking when making a decision between the two programs....
    bring on all the Wr's though.

vCash
    Agree, I guess I just don't understand someone who wants to play Baseball even blinking when making a decision between the two programs....
    bring on all the Wr's though.
    Yeah no doubt, it's a head scratcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah no doubt, it's a head scratcher.
    Our fans are much more intrigued by Stone Blanton than our football coaching staff is. Like it or not, he is not a huge priority to them. He is higher on the baseball board than the football board. When Chris Bell commits as a LB, people are going to really freak out.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post
    Our fans are much more intrigued by Stone Blanton than our football coaching staff is. Like it or not, he is not a huge priority to them. He is higher on the baseball board than the football board. When Chris Bell commits as a LB, people are going to really freak out.
    No guarantee we have room for Bell. The #'s may work but it's not a sure thing. Stone & Avery Sledge are ahead of Bell at LB.

vCash
    I'll say it- Avery Sledge can be a better player than Stone. Not that Stone isn't good (He's a take for sure), Sledge is faster, longer, & more athletic. Stone is more Jett Johnson, while Sledge is more KJ Wright. Again, give me both, but we'll survive just fine with one of them if Stone can't see the light.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    No guarantee we have room for Bell. The #'s may work but it's not a sure thing. Stone & Avery Sledge are ahead of Bell at LB.
    I really, really like Sledge. He's really athletic and will fit our scheme well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'll say it- Avery Sledge can be a better player than Stone. Not that Stone isn't good (He's a take for sure), Sledge is faster, longer, & more athletic. Stone is more Jett Johnson, while Sledge is more KJ Wright. Again, give me both, but we'll survive just fine with one of them if Stone can't see the light.
    I think we probably end up with Stone but this narrative that the staff ?dropped the ball on him? is false. He was coming off a shoulder injury and didn?t have great senior film. I?m not talking about senior highlights?his full film. Our coaches don?t love him as much as our fans. Throw in OM as a factor and that he is a ?4 star? and everyone is scared to death to lose him. Also factor in baseball and that he?s highly coveted there so there is a lot of outside pressure to get him in the class. Good football prospect but if he was not from MS?particularly Madison and committed to the baseball team, people wouldn?t blink an eye.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Sledge looks like he will be a badass with coaching and a college S&C program. These are the guys I like to find.

vCash
    I want Stone, so let's not let that get lost, but we're okay at the LB position. We've recruited well there in the last few years.

vCash
    Kaydin Pope announces to MSU.

That's a solid WR right there that has really good offers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Kaydin Pope announces to MSU.

That's a solid WR right there that has really good offers.
    Wow.

If we can fill holes on the OL, get em playing good as a unit, and strengthen the DL, this team could shock the hell out of some people next year.