Page 85 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We need someone that can move or else we’ll need NFL tackles to compete for the West no matter how great Will is between the ears, accuracy, or leadership wise.

I really like Will. I’m sure you’ll take what I’m saying as a negative, but I’m just speaking truth. There are a few teams that I don’t think his skill set gives us any chance of beating.

I’d love to be wrong, but I’m struggling to logically think how he’s going to overcome that limitation.
    I guess the same way Minshew and Harrel did.

It is never going to come down to just Will when it comes to beating Bama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He weighs about 205-210 and that is all they will ever let him weigh
    Ain't no way he's 200 lbs. He's tiny

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Bro, Will is 200+ lbs, and when was the last time he was knocked out of a game...if ever??
    I'm not saying he'll get knocked out of a game. I'm saying he's light in the pants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I guess the same way Minshew and Harrel did.

It is never going to come down to just Will when it comes to beating Bama
    Minshew is more mobile than Will, but furthermore, I don't recall Minshew or Harrell winning anything.

Not to mention that the SEC has By far the best and most great pass rushers in college football. Minshew and Harrell didn't have to deal with the competition Will does.

Again, I love Will. Makes me sad that some think he's a perfect player and im forced to point out the obvious area that he and we need to improve.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-25-2021 at 04:30 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Minshew is more mobile than Will, but furthermore, I don't recall Minshew or Harrell winning anything.

Not to mention that the SEC has By far the best and most great pass rushers in college football. Minshew and Harrell didn't have to deal with the competition Will does.

Again, I love Will. Makes me sad that some think he's a perfect player and im forced to point out the obvious area that he and we need to improve.
    I thought it was sad that most of the season you thought he was the weakest link and talked about him like he stole your girlfriend. You are not qualified at this point to be pointing out talent issues. You even admitted you were wrong. And now you are suddenly an expert on judging Will again, how about just hope that he continues to improve on his weaknesses like our last great QB did.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Some of you are just not very intelligent. A qb with the accuracy of will but who is also mobile is going to be a 5 star stud and he ain’t coming state. Geez. Be thankful we have will.
    Romans 5:8

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I thought it was sad that most of the season you thought he was the weakest link and talked about him like he stole your girlfriend. You are not qualified at this point to be pointing out talent issues. You even admitted you were wrong. And now you are suddenly an expert on judging Will again, how about just hope that he continues to improve on his weaknesses like our last great QB did.
    Have to agree here
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Have to agree here
    People are never satisfied. There ain't a kid like we want in the nfl right now lol

vCash
    QB recruiting is a crap shoot at best. If you go back and look at recruiting rankings, while there are some hits in the Top 10 QBs in each class, there are a lot of misses too. Let's look at 2017 24/7 QB recruiting rankings as these guys should be seniors or already in the NFL:

1. Davis Mills - Stanford
    2. Hunter Johnson - Clemson
    3. Tua Tagovailoa - Bama
    4. Jake Fromm - Georgia
    5.Tate Martell - Ohio State
    6. Jack Sears - USC
    7. Kellen Mond - Texas A&M
    8. Sam Ehlinger - Texas
    9. Dylan McCaffrey - Michigan
    10. Myles Brennan - LSU

Now let's look outside the top 10:

29. Mac Jones - Bama
    48. Kenny Pickett - Pitt

Now here's a link to the 2020 24/7 QB rankings. Same class Will Rogers came out of. https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Fo...sitionGroup=QB

There's maybe 3 QBs on that list that right now I would be like yes please trade me that guy to replace Will Rogers right now.

I think QB recruiting is very interesting. There are some guys like Bryce Young that transcend a type of offense. They can do whatever you ask of them. Bryce Young and CJ Stroud from 2020 fit that mold. But I believe QB is a fit more than a talent for 98% of schools. Will right now is a perfect fit for us.

vCash
    You said it, Will is perfect for us. Because of Covid he will be a sophomore next year. We're going to be just fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Ain't no way he's 200 lbs. He's tiny
    Well I hate to tell you brotha. But he is

vCash

The argument was to beat certain teams, like Bama etc. Both of them beat elite teams.

Nobody has ever said he was perfect. But its his team and he has earned that. He is going to leave here as the best passing QB we have ever had. Leach is not going to recruit a RPO/Mullen QB. He is going to go find kids like Will.

vCash
    The question for me is how many years Will is going to play at State. He improved his arm strength significantly from his true freshman year. If he continues on that track, when does it make sense for him to go pro?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    The question for me is how many years Will is going to play at State. He improved his arm strength significantly from his true freshman year. If he continues on that track, when does it make sense for him to go pro?
    After his covid junior season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    I think he'll be here two more years. Not sure about his senior year. Depends on his maturity as a quarterback.

vCash
    So Cooter said the day Banks committed there was another. What ever happened to that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    So Cooter said the day Banks committed there was another. What ever happened to that?
    Thanks for getting the thread back on point. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I will,find out what I can after the bowl,game, since I was basically the only one that had Banks to State..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I will,find out what I can after the bowl,game, since I was basically the only one that had Banks to State..
    Good deal!

vCash

You overvalue arm strength and mobility and undervalue accuracy and leadership. Same thing the NFL scouts did with Montana, Brady, and Brees.