Page 84 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    What about Locke, is he that type of quarterback?
    More so than Will yes. We need a little more mobility, but Sawyer & Locke provide more than Will.

Again, not downing Will as much as I'm just speaking a small weakness that is likely going to prevent us from having a chance to win a few games. Doesn't mean we can't be really good.

I'm not saying that this person would start over Will. Maybe Will could be our full time starter, but, if we can't block Will Anderson next year, then maybe we should bring a more mobile QB to see if they can create something rather than giving up 10 sacks
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    I don?t think he?s saying we need a QB, I think he?s saying in general that QB & OL are the two positions that are most important to get in early to get work in & the others are way easier to catch up & be ready to play by the start of the season. This is how I interpreted his post anyways.
    This & thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    Why do we need a QB?
    We don't unless Leach wants to change what he wants in a qb.

vCash
    Back up here. I don’t remember seeing anything official that Spurrier is gone. What did I miss?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    Back up here. I don?t remember seeing anything official that Spurrier is gone. What did I miss?
    Not Spurrier. Inside receivers coach, Dave Nichol, left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We don't unless Leach wants to change what he wants in a qb.
    So you don't think Leach wants a QB that can avoid being T boned by the pass & buy a little more time for WRs to get open? Is that what you're saying? He doesn't want a guy that can do that?

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So you don't think Leach wants a QB that can avoid being T boned by the pass & buy a little more time for WRs to get open? Is that what you're saying? He doesn't want a guy that can do that?
    I get what you?re saying, but to you?re wanting to find the ?perfect? QB. Someone with great mobility added to Will?s skill set would be a near ?perfect? Quarterback.

I?m don?t think Bill Belichek or Bruce Arians would ever trade Tom Brady for Russell Wilson at any point in their careers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    I get what you?re saying, but to you?re wanting to find the ?perfect? QB. Someone with great mobility added to Will?s skill set would be a near ?perfect? Quarterback.

I?m don?t think Bill Belichek or Bruce Arians would ever trade Tom Brady for Russell Wilson at any point in their careers.
    I don’t think at all. Sawyer Robertson may be athletic enough to do it. Baker Mayfield was a walk on that could do it. Minshew could do it

I think it’s out there, but just hard to find.

vCash
    QB has 2nd best SEC season of all time yardage wise……

State Fans: Yea, but we could do better……

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    QB has 2nd best SEC season of all time yardage wise??

State Fans: Yea, but we could do better??
    Also the same fans who thought Will was trash to start the season. Some people need to refrain from making talent assessments until they get a few right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Also the same fans who thought Will was trash to start the season. Some people need to refrain from making talent assessments until they get a few right
    ….he was trash to start the season. Then he turned it around after LSU and had a great season. Jesus you guys are so soft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    ?.he was trash to start the season. Then he turned it around after LSU and had a great season. Jesus you guys are so soft
    He was not anywhere close to trash. He was young and still growing up. Thanks for proving my point. Some of you guys cant tell the difference between lack of maturity and experience and a lack of talent. Also, learn what soft means. Having a difference of opinion is not soft.

vCash
    More so than Will yes. We need a little more mobility, but Sawyer & Locke provide more than Will.

Again, not downing Will as much as I'm just speaking a small weakness that is likely going to prevent us from having a chance to win a few games. Doesn't mean we can't be really good.

I'm not saying that this person would start over Will. Maybe Will could be our full time starter, but, if we can't block Will Anderson next year, then maybe we should bring a more mobile QB to see if they can create something rather than giving up 10 sacks
    None of them will ever play over Will. We have done this before. Sawyer may never play a snap here. He has gotten better but it is not even close. We need a QB for depth. Lovertich is way ahead of the others so I will let you take what you want from that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    He was not anywhere close to trash. He was young and still growing up. Thanks for proving my point. Some of you guys cant tell the difference between lack of maturity and experience and a lack of talent. Also, learn what soft means. Having a difference of opinion is not soft.
    I’m sorry man, he was bad to start the year. Your point doesn’t even make sense. You can have all the talent in the world and if you can’t apply it to the field you’re trash. That’s like saying every 5 star with talent that doesn’t pan out can’t be trash, doesn’t even make sense. Will figured it out and had a great second half of the season and he’s going to do it again next season. Doesn’t mean you have to pretend he wasn’t ready earlier, he was a true sophomore after a Covid year it makes sense he had a ton of trouble getting up to speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    None of them will ever play over Will. We have done this before. Sawyer may never play a snap here. He has gotten better but it is not even close. We need a QB for depth. Lovertich is way ahead of the others so I will let you take what you want from that
    Agree here, I don’t think Sawyer ever sees the field. I hope we get a stud this class, sit 2 seasons behind Will then take over

vCash
    Will weighs 175 lbs. He's one play away from injury. We should always have a Qb ready. Every position has competition the Qb should be no different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    We need someone that can move or else we’ll need NFL tackles to compete for the West no matter how great Will is between the ears, accuracy, or leadership wise.

I really like Will. I’m sure you’ll take what I’m saying as a negative, but I’m just speaking truth. There are a few teams that I don’t think his skill set gives us any chance of beating.

I’d love to be wrong, but I’m struggling to logically think how he’s going to overcome that limitation.

vCash
    We need someone that can move or else we?ll need NFL tackles to compete for the West no matter how great Will is between the ears, accuracy, or leadership wise.

I really like Will. I?m sure you?ll take what I?m saying as a negative, but I?m just speaking truth. There are a few teams that I don?t think his skill set gives us any chance of beating.

I?d love to be wrong, but I?m struggling to logically think how he?s going to overcome that limitation.
    Not to worry. Why do you think many teams drop 8 instead of blitzing ? I think Leach knows how many seconds Rodgers should take to get rid of the ball.

Also, Rodgers experience will pay off. You don't want him injured running the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Will weighs 175 lbs. He's one play away from injury. We should always have a Qb ready. Every position has competition the Qb should be no different.
    Bro, Will is 200+ lbs, and when was the last time he was knocked out of a game...if ever??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    He weighs about 205-210 and that is all they will ever let him weigh