Page 82 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I'm hoping kicker or OT!! Can you say anymore?
    Neither

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Neither
    When can we expect this NOT kicker or tackle?? Ha

vCash
    After our portal haul, we're going to be well inside the top 20 classes overall.

vCash
    Neither
    Foster?

vCash
    ����

vCash
    After our portal haul, we're going to be well inside the top 20 classes overall.
    247 already had us at 17 before Banks I believe. Screw grouping ESPN in the composite.

vCash
    Call me a homer, but I feel we are in a better position for the future than OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Call me a homer, but I feel we are in a better position for the future than OM.
    You called it, I don't think anyone was expecting this kind of recruiting. Several guys on here have said how involved Leach and the coaches were with these young men. I'm sure NIL helped and maybe the deciding factor. Don't care, one of the best years we've had and we're not done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    You called it, I don't think anyone was expecting this kind of recruiting. Several guys on here have said how involved Leach and the coaches were with these young men. I'm sure NIL helped and maybe the deciding factor. Don't care, one of the best years we've had and we're not done.
    We will see next year how they do without Corral. I think he may have been the best player in the country this year besides Will Anderson. Could you imagine Corral with Alabama's receivers? No doubt Kiffin has them rolling, but portal and recruiting wise, State is surpassing Ole Miss. Add on top of that they are missing on a lot of portal QBs...

vCash
    I made this statement a few months ago and I think we are seeing the product of that.

Leach did one major thing that our previous coaches couldn't do. He beat ranked teams. What I said a few months ago was that not all 7-5 or 8-4 seasons are created equal. Mullen beat a lot of unranked teams in his time at MSU and it never moved the needle for us really. We would lose to ranked teams, never have momentum, and never play good teams well.

The reality is that people recognized the quality of our wins this year more than the pain of our losses because we beat good teams and never got blown out except for Bama. The playoff committee even proved that by how they ranked us late in the season.

Beat good teams and people notice you. Recruits notice. Pollsters notice and if you beat a ranked team you are practically guaranteed an ESPN highlight spot. Leach might lose the head scratcher every so often. But if you want to bring in talent, you can afford to lose those games every now and again if you constantly beat some good teams. Then eventually the talent gap gets big enough to where you don't lose those head scratchers.

I think we are seeing the effect of a solid staff from a recruiting standpoint doing some things on the field we haven't done before. Consistently be in games and beat some ranked teams. Leach did well in year 2 with a young roster. Now can we take this recruiting and parlay that into better consistency.

vCash
    If you want to get really excited look at Texas Tech and Washington State in year three of Leach. Next year could be a really fun year!

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    If you want to get really excited look at Texas Tech and Washington State in year three of Leach. Next year could be a really fun year!
    Texas Tech yes (9-5) Washington St no (3-9)

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    If I’m not mistaken the Washington State offense was better in year 3 than it was in year 2 but they were awful on defense that year. I don’t think that will be an issue for us.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I made this statement a few months ago and I think we are seeing the product of that.

Leach did one major thing that our previous coaches couldn't do. He beat ranked teams. What I said a few months ago was that not all 7-5 or 8-4 seasons are created equal. Mullen beat a lot of unranked teams in his time at MSU and it never moved the needle for us really. We would lose to ranked teams, never have momentum, and never play good teams well.

The reality is that people recognized the quality of our wins this year more than the pain of our losses because we beat good teams and never got blown out except for Bama. The playoff committee even proved that by how they ranked us late in the season.

Beat good teams and people notice you. Recruits notice. Pollsters notice and if you beat a ranked team you are practically guaranteed an ESPN highlight spot. Leach might lose the head scratcher every so often. But if you want to bring in talent, you can afford to lose those games every now and again if you constantly beat some good teams. Then eventually the talent gap gets big enough to where you don't lose those head scratchers.

I think we are seeing the effect of a solid staff from a recruiting standpoint doing some things on the field we haven't done before. Consistently be in games and beat some ranked teams. Leach did well in year 2 with a young roster. Now can we take this recruiting and parlay that into better consistency.
    Great post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    If I’m not mistaken the Washington State offense was better in year 3 than it was in year 2 but they were awful on defense that year. I don’t think that will be an issue for us.
    Think you are right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Offensively yes, yes it was.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Offensively yes, yes it was.
    Well by that logic the offense was worse in Year 3 at Tech than Year 2. As long as we can grab a quality portal OT I expect a good offense.

vCash
    I agree with that as well. The offense will definitely hinge on giving Rogers time

vCash
    Kind of excited about next year. Tough schedule.