Page 95 of 103 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Drop dead for enrolling in classes is next Tuesday - there is still a little time.
    & even that date has some wiggle room if needed

vCash
    Our compliance staff needs to be a little more aggressive when it comes to getting these players eligible than they have in the past. I guarantee you if it was a recruiting violation they would be all over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Our compliance staff needs to be a little more aggressive when it comes to getting these players eligible than they have in the past. I guarantee you if it was a recruiting violation they would be all over it.
    This has nothing to do with our compliance

vCash
    You have no clue....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    This has nothing to do with our compliance
    Well then who gets our players eligible? Everytime we have a NSD event and a player's paperwork comes in Bracky is right there looking at it.

vCash
    Well then who gets our players eligible? Everytime we have a NSD event and a player's paperwork comes in Bracky is right there looking at it.
    The NCAA clearinghouse for one. The school the player is transferring from plays the biggest roll as they have to transmit info to the NCAA and MSU, and the NCAA has to clear them first.

vCash
    How do transfers grade into a signing class?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Fraudulently for the most part

vCash
    Steven Lasoya commits. Transfer IOL from Middle Tennessee. Thoughts anyone?

vCash
    They traditionally have not figured into your signing class. I think 247 is rating the portal. It does not do a good job of evaluating what you lost or even needed. So, a great portal class is good but what if you don't need it? I like to look at team talent composition but it won't be available for next year's team until team rosters are finalized. Here is last years:

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Fo...lentComposite/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    They traditionally have not figured into your signing class. I think 247 is rating the portal. It does not do a good job of evaluating what you lost or even needed. So, a great portal class is good but what if you don't need it? I like to look at team talent composition but it won't be available for next year's team until team rosters are finalized. Here is last years:

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Fo...lentComposite/
    Thank you. So when we took everything- signing class and portal, we were a composite rank of 30 last year with our class? Just making I?m understanding this correctly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heydawg View Post
    His rating out of HS is not all that but an OL can grow and develop so dang much after 3 years of college. Has been there 3 years starting some the 2nd year and 11 of 13 games last year. Due to RS & Covid years he has 3 years left to play. Sounds good to me for a 4th year guy.

Nice size for an IOL at 6' 4" 305lbs or so, played Tackle in 11 of 13 games last year so I would be willing to bet he can help us even if he can't be the one that moves out to Tackle. We ask our inside guys to cover more space than most and he has been playing tackle. Our coaches must have liked what they saw.
    Last edited by Hot Rock; 01-21-2022 at 03:20 PM.

vCash
    Thank you. So when we took everything- signing class and portal, we were a composite rank of 30 last year with our class? Just making I?m understanding this correctly.
    Yes,

We lost a lot of guys that had good ratings like TE's & Dual Threat QBs that brought our overall team talent down.

One thing, none of these ratings really tell the whole story. Young teams usually don't do as well as older ones and we have been extremely young the last couple of years.

vCash
    Yes,

We lost a lot of guys that had good ratings like TE's & Dual Threat QBs that brought our overall team talent down.

One thing, none of these ratings really tell the whole story. Young teams usually don't do as well as older ones and we have been extremely young the last couple of years.
    👍🏼

vCash
    Recruiting him as RT. He's played mostly LT at MTSU this past year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Recruiting him as RT. He's played mostly LT at MTSU this past year.
    So, why do they list him as an inside OL? I just figure we will put the best 5 guys out there wherever they go.

vCash
    MJ Daniels is in the portal.

Banned
    vCash
    So, why do they list him as an inside OL? I just figure we will put the best 5 guys out there wherever they go.
    Laziness to update that he changed positions. Why bother for a small school and State?

vCash
    Do we have interest in MJ? Aren?t we still on the lookout for some secondary portal guys?

vCash
    Do we have interest in MJ? Aren?t we still on the lookout for some secondary portal guys?
    I'd take him. We need a young DB and an older safety. He can be the young one