Page 54 of 103 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Without the portal last round we don't win 7 games this year. We may not even be bowling.

vCash
    I really like Collins as a DB recruit. I?m not sure about the rest. That?s been a pain point for 2 years now.

I?m not sure how much is McBath vs we aren?t evaluating well initially. We whiffed on Walley last year and then proceeded to drop guys - we did the same thing this year. Back in August we all felt pretty good about our db situation as we had a lot of early commits.

Lost a couple and then dropped 3 of them. Still mad we are losing a thomas to TN and no idea of the situation with Nicholson but I?ll trust what been said here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    There's things out of our control with Decarlos. Trust me I've known and coached the kid since he was 6. We still might get him but it's doubtful and there's nothing the coaches can do about the situation
    If what I have heard is true, I understand totally why he doesnt come here if he chooses not to.

Sucks bc I think he is a NFL CB. He was really really good at Petal. Like good enough to keep playing QB good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Just realized that Justin Walley, Jaiden's little brother is a freshman All-American at Minnesota.

Its not easy being a MSU fan sometimes.
    He is a hell of a player we need him desperately to come home

Banned
    vCash
    If we hit this on our checklist from juco/portal:

Kicker
    2X OT
    Edge
    1-2 Safeties

On top of whatever WRs inevitably want to join us, if we hit this haul then we will have a strong shot at 10+ wins. At this point I think it's easier in fandom to care about Portal / Juco recruiting as I'm looking at who will immediately start. I trust the staff we have to coach up the younger guys eventually. Generally we get good production out of 4/5-year players who become starters regardless of stars. We'll see. But that checklist above is what I think we need to see immediate impact.

vCash
    Any pitty party is way out of line. Other than DB, we're fine (assuming we get who we expect). DB might end up thin but we'll get portal help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    If what I have heard is true, I understand totally why he doesnt come here if he chooses not to.

Sucks bc I think he is a NFL CB. He was really really good at Petal. Like good enough to keep playing QB good
    You've probably heard the right thing. I love the kid and his family. He'll always be one of mine. Still get a hug from him everytime I see him. He's gonna do great things just wish/hope it would be in Maroon and white, but I'm always gonna pull for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Any pitty party is way out of line. Other than DB, we're fine (assuming we get who we expect). DB might end up thin but we'll get portal help.
    That's more like it cooter lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That's more like it cooter lol!
    Well, there's a lot of people that post who aren't State fans. They're here to cause drama. Some hide it well. Some are obvious. There's one in particular that really drives it. I don't want to be confused with that. And I'm not losing my shit over the drama.

vCash
    Well, there's a lot of people that post who aren't State fans. They're here to cause drama. Some hide it well. Some are obvious. There's one in particular that really drives it. I don't want to be confused with that. And I'm not losing my shit over the drama.
    Yep you're right! 100%!

Banned
    vCash
    Hearing that Rogers comes down to whether or not Mario retains T-Rob and it's trending way and way more likely he will. (as in a jump from 5% before to 60%). Anyone else heard different?

vCash
    I'm prepared for our epic crash and burn finish..... at least mentally I'm ahead of the game. ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'm prepared for our epic crash and burn finish..... at least mentally I'm ahead of the game. ....
    You're going to be disappointed then. DB is the only concern and we'll see on Rogers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Hearing that Rogers comes down to whether or not Mario retains T-Rob and it's trending way and way more likely he will. (as in a jump from 5% before to 60%). Anyone else heard different?
    So how does it go from Diaz having to stay to now T-Rob(whoever that is)? Moving the goalpost now. Doesn't sound good.

vCash
    Yeah Rogers and Allan don't seem likely now. Class probably just fell out of top 25 for ESP. It's critical to get these lineman targets to sign next week. We're gonna have to battle in the portal for DBs. Smh

vCash
    You're going to be disappointed then. DB is the only concern and we'll see on Rogers.
    Why do we seem to be struggling at DB. I understand last year when staring at Emerson and Forbes, but there is certainly a spot there for the taking this year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    So how does it go from Diaz having to stay to now T-Rob(whoever that is)? Moving the goalpost now. Doesn't sound good.
    Because the thought with Diaz is that if he goes then the staff goes too. Travaris Robinson is trending to stay however. Seemed like one of him and Van Dyke were locks to go if a change was made but both DB Coaches might stay.

The catch is if Rogers gets processed as Mario is pulling in higher tier of prospects too (Earl Little Jr. might bump him out).

I'm privy to the Miami inside more than the State inside so that's why I'm asking for our perspective.

vCash
    So we are going to finish where? You make your prediction. No juco dbs. No Rogers. No Allen.... We get Williams and Blanton, lahue... and the rest are guys that are low hanging fruit that we offered in the last month. It's a low 20's class just like we've done for the last 10 years at best... Nothing new. And considering db is kind of important I'd say that's a big deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So we are going to finish where? You make your prediction. No juco dbs. No Rogers. No Allen.... We get Williams and Blanton, lahue... and the rest are guys that are low hanging fruit that we offered in the last month. It's a low 20's class just like we've done for the last 10 years at best... Nothing new. And considering db is kind of important I'd say that's a big deal.
    Bet you're fun at parties brother.

If we hit on the 3 you named that is good. Includes a 4 star lb and a 4 star DL.
    Lewis is not low hanging fruit. He's a 4 star at a position of need with several P5 offers. Mississippi is throwing everything they can at him.

DB is a concern. Needs to be addressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Bet you're fun at parties brother.

If we hit on the 3 you named that is good. Includes a 4 star lb and a 4 star DL.
    Lewis is not low hanging fruit. He's a 4 star at a position of need with several P5 offers. Mississippi is throwing everything they can at him.

DB is a concern. Needs to be addressed.
    Whatever, fact is we had 7 or 8 names last week and thought we had a legit shot at all but one, Oatis. And thought we were in a solid second w and outside shot at him. We are looking at 4 at best out of those 7/8. If we get lewis I'll give you that one. But it's not a given at this point. Sorry reality sucks. I'm glad you see that db is a concern, Bc no juco db out of 3 is tragic. And if, and I'll hold out hope and say IF we lose Rogers it's and epic fail back there. Especially after last year.