Page 53 of 103 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I can tell you he's not going to AL this week. I'm fine with missing on him for a few reasons. But our DB situation is looking bad. We've lost two kids to TN already and Nicholson and Rogers look doubtful at best.
    Basically, we're recruiting about where we recruit every year again. We're going to get a couple great players, some reaches, some overlooked guys, and a couple head scratchers. If we don't find a way to recruit better, nothing will ever change here.
    Nicholson and Rogers are looking doubtful?? Not sure that's the case

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Dang that?s a bummer. Cooter has been positive about recruiting until that post.

vCash
    I can tell you he's not going to AL this week. I'm fine with missing on him for a few reasons. But our DB situation is looking bad. We've lost two kids to TN already and Nicholson and Rogers look doubtful at best.
    Basically, we're recruiting about where we recruit every year again. We're going to get a couple great players, some reaches, some overlooked guys, and a couple head scratchers. If we don't find a way to recruit better, nothing will ever change here.
    Limping to the finish as usual. It seems a few posters tried to get some optimism rolling, but one by one we are losing good prospects.

vCash
    Obviously things change daily with the big recruits once you get this close to signing day, but there was not anything doubtful with Rogers when he left campus this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post
    Obviously things change daily with the big recruits once you get this close to signing day, but there was not anything doubtful with Rogers when he left campus this weekend.
    Guys in the Miami class say he's recruiting for Miami and has been in contact with them. His social media seems to indicate the same. Nicholson was a long shot. Both can walk in and play here (assuming Rogers is ready). We need things to go our way there in a bad, bad way. I'm ready call McBath the Hev of this staff if he can't close. Great coach, poor recruiter. He needs to reel in guys we should be able to get.
    We should get Williams and Lewis and hopefully the other two OL we're after (one for sure). Blanton is a baseball deal that we should be good on. We're going to need to kill it in the portal.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 12-07-2021 at 10:46 AM.

vCash
    I gotta admit, reading this with my morning coffee is not how I wanted to start the day.

I thought things looked good with Rogers?

vCash
    I could be completely wrong and misunderstood a friend of mine yesterday, but I thought we were in perfectly good shape with Rogers after his visit here this past weekend. Especially considering Diaz getting the axe

vCash
    NOBODY here can predict what a 17-20 year old is thinking. I don't care what "source "they have. Kids love attention and post everything on social media. If they're not mentioning us on social media you better not believe it. They want people to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    NOBODY here can predict what a 17-20 year old is thinking. I don't care what "source "they have. Kids love attention and post everything on social media. If they're not mentioning us on social media you better not believe it. They want people to know.
    Amen. And the word commitment is just a word now a days. A kid can leave campus on a high committed and ready to back off after one phone call or visit from another coach. It is almost like a high scoring football game and whoever has the ball last wins.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I still like where we stand with Rogers. He's not a lock by any means but I like our position. You never know with Nicholson but we get him last & with a kid like that it's huge. I will say that both of them should be Dawgs & if they're not then the Hev tag is going to be appropriate for McBath. No reason not to get both kids. Get it done!

vCash
    Guys in the Miami class say he's recruiting for Miami and has been in contact with them. His social media seems to indicate the same. Nicholson was a long shot. Both can walk in and play here (assuming Rogers is ready). We need things to go our way there in a bad, bad way. I'm ready call McBath the Hev of this staff if he can't close. Great coach, poor recruiter. He needs to reel in guys we should be able to get.
    We should get Williams and Lewis and hopefully the other two OL we're after (one for sure). Blanton is a baseball deal that we should be good on. We're going to need to kill it in the portal.
    If we close with Lewis, Williams, and Blanton, that is three 4 stars at positions of need. That'd be great. Add in one of the two out of state OL and that's even better. Only question then becomes can we get Rodgers or Nicholson to put the cherry on top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Nicholson and Rogers are looking doubtful?? Not sure that's the case
    There's things out of our control with Decarlos. Trust me I've known and coached the kid since he was 6. We still might get him but it's doubtful and there's nothing the coaches can do about the situation

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Most people in the know expect us to close with Rogers, Blanton, Williams, and Lewis. That’s as good a close as I can remember in a while. Not sure what all the hand wringing is about but it’s unjustified at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I still like where we stand with Rogers. He's not a lock by any means but I like our position. You never know with Nicholson but we get him last & with a kid like that it's huge. I will say that both of them should be Dawgs & if they're not then the Hev tag is going to be appropriate for McBath. No reason not to get both kids. Get it done!
    I don't know about Rogers but there's nothing mcbath can do about Decarlos situation. There's a chance but it's slim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Most people in the know expect us to close with Rogers, Blanton, Williams, and Lewis. That’s as good a close as I can remember in a while. Not sure what all the hand wringing is about but it’s unjustified at this point.
    Cause this is The MSU freak out season, lol. I say let it play out and we'll be ok

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I gotta admit, reading this with my morning coffee is not how I wanted to start the day.

I thought things looked good with Rogers?
    I'm not saying they're bad. Just saying it's up in the air. Our people think he's leaning our way I think. But there's definitely some doubt. All that said, we're still going to be about where we always are in that 25 or so range. Kill the portal, and you could put yourself in a solid place pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 12-07-2021 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Bottom line is the portal is what is going to keep everyone other than Bama and Georgia somewhere between 6-6 and 9-3. High school recruiting does not mean nearly as much as it used to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Bottom line is the portal is what is going to keep everyone other than Bama and Georgia somewhere between 6-6 and 9-3. High school recruiting does not mean nearly as much as it used to.
    Definitely the free agent signings are gonna be as important as the draft picks. That's what it is now.

vCash
    Just realized that Justin Walley, Jaiden's little brother is a freshman All-American at Minnesota.

Its not easy being a MSU fan sometimes.

vCash
    He is sure one of the best players in the country. I told a Minnesota fan at the college world series about him and he initially thought I was joking. He'll be a rich man in 2 years.