Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    [QUOTE=Ifyouonlyknew;1403925]
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

I totally get where you're coming from & understand. I'll also say Polk wasn't a proven commodity when he signed either. Spurrier turned him into that type of WR.
    Exactly, in 2020 at Cal Polk only had 17 catches for 183 yards for the season. If all we were interested in was proven production we would have never taken him.

vCash
    If we are talking about taking a grad transfer, then yes we better be concerned about production.

But if we are talking about guys that have been at a school 1 or 2 years, there's a lot more potential involved in the transfer side.

We would have taken Robinson out of high school 2 years ago. Some of these talented guys can't break through on teams with a crap ton of talent. So you get them for 3 years and see what they have. That's how we have to work the portal to get talent.

Staff has done a solid job in the portal so far.

vCash
    So does anybody know anything on Javon Banks from Bama?? Have a friend who lives in Prattville who just told me rumors over there is he?s thinking of transferring to State as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck3124 View Post
    So does anybody know anything on Javon Banks from Bama?? Have a friend who lives in Prattville who just told me rumors over there is he?s thinking of transferring to State as well.
    Who is Javon Banks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Who is Javon Banks?
    WR from Alabama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck3124 View Post
    WR from Alabama
    It's Javon Baker I had to Google it. He's visiting Ole Miss

vCash
    Sneed going to Colorado.

vCash
    WR is probably settled now coaches included

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    WR is probably settled now coaches included
    Who is getting the inside WR coaching job?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Who is getting the inside WR coaching job?
    Probably gonna settle and just promote Hollingsworth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Probably gonna settle and just promote Hollingsworth
    Well, after the terrific bowl performance we got from our WRs it only makes sense. Oh wait....

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well, after the terrific bowl performance we got from our WRs it only makes sense. Oh wait....
    The entire offense was ass. QB, OL, Inside & Outside WR. I'm not putting all of that on Hollingshead.

vCash
    Cohen saving that $$$

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Cohen saving that $$$
    You really need to talk to someone. This obsession isn't healthy. I'm not a Cohen fan by my God if you think this was a Cohen decision maybe you need to take a step away from MSU sports.

vCash
    I'd like to pick up a big time LB, but so does every other non elite program. We need speed and punch there immediately. I still can't get over that bowl performance. I feel like someone should be beaten down for that embarrassment.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    You really need to talk to someone. This obsession isn't healthy. I'm not a Cohen fan by my God if you think this was a Cohen decision maybe you need to take a step away from MSU sports.

you can tell by the user name that there isn't intelligence to be found. best to add to your ignore list

vCash
    KO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    A lot of people have taken a step away from MSU Athletics in the last 4-5 years. You hire assistant coaches on the ability to recruit. You have Bumphis and Peeler out there and instead you are going to promote from within? Thats either cost cutting or Laziness.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 01-17-2022 at 09:11 AM.

vCash
    KO

A lot of people have taken a step away from MSU Athletics in the last 4-5 years. You hire assistant coaches on the ability to recruit. You have Bumphis and Peeler out there and instead you are going to promote from within? Thats either cost cutting or Laziness.
    Your anger is misguided then. Be mad at Leach not Cohen.

vCash
    KO

It is lazy, but if you can’t tell, Leach is a lazy ass guy. He’s probably the laziest head coach in the country unfortunately but it’s who we got. No AD can tell their head coach what position coaches to hire, doesn’t work like that.

vCash
    Or maybe Leach values things like loyalty and is rewarding a guy who has done a good job for us and giving him a shot?