Page 86 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You overvalue arm strength and mobility and undervalue accuracy and leadership. Same thing the NFL scouts did with Montana, Brady, and Brees.
    Brees and Brady are the two best pocket manipulators of all time. Don't include them.

And I'm not overvaluing a damn thing. You're undervaluing.

Accuracy doesn't mean anything if the QB can't get the pass off. Think through this logically Todd
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I thought it was sad that most of the season you thought he was the weakest link and talked about him like he stole your girlfriend. You are not qualified at this point to be pointing out talent issues. You even admitted you were wrong. And now you are suddenly an expert on judging Will again, how about just hope that he continues to improve on his weaknesses like our last great QB did.
    You should've seen his Joe Burrow assessments...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Agree here, I don?t think Sawyer ever sees the field. I hope we get a stud this class, sit 2 seasons behind Will then take over
    Like Braedyn Locke?

vCash
    You overvalue arm strength and mobility and undervalue accuracy and leadership. Same thing the NFL scouts did with Montana, Brady, and Brees.
    And dak

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Brees and Brady are the two best pocket manipulators of all time. Don't include them.

Accuracy doesn't mean anything if the QB can't get the pass off. Think through this logically Todd
    No QB is accurate when there is pressure. Did you watch Baker Mayfield yesterday? Strong arm and mobile but couldn't hit a receiver if his life depended on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Like Braedyn Locke?
    I actually meant this upcoming class because I think Will uses his covid year so he would be here another 3, but would be awesome if he is that dude and sticks around through it all to start his last 2 years. I'd take it for sure, just with the transfer portal I don't see any great QB sitting for 3 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    No QB is accurate when there is pressure. Did you watch Baker Mayfield yesterday? Strong arm and mobile but couldn't hit a receiver if his life depended on it.
    Good heavens. Post less
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I actually meant this upcoming class because I think Will uses his covid year so he would be here another 3, but would be awesome if he is that dude and sticks around through it all to start his last 2 years. I'd take it for sure, just with the transfer portal I don't see any great QB sitting for 3 years
    Agreed

vCash
    Rep!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Logically accuracy doesn't have anything to do with getting the actual pass protection. That's more about protection from the offensive line. It's not like Will is getting sacked every other play either. Will can make plays in the pocket and move around some. Don't forget he is the same age as a redshirt freshman. He improved with that throughout the year and I expect that he will continue to do so and they'll talk about how wrong you are again about him by this time next year.

vCash
    I would be shocked if Will leaves early at any point

vCash
    Logically accuracy doesn't have anything to do with getting the actual pass protection. That's more about protection from the offensive line. It's not like Will is getting sacked every other play either. Will can make plays in the pocket and move around some. Don't forget he is the same age as a redshirt freshman. He improved with that throughout the year and I expect that he will continue to do so and they'll talk about how wrong you are again about him by this time next year.
    Y'all know more about this then I do but won't the coaches work with him during the off-season on his foot work and such in the pocket?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Y'all know more about this then I do but won't the coaches work with him during the off-season on his foot work and such in the pocket?
    Yeah definitely, but feeling pressure and knowing when to step up, when to throw a dead play away, when to just sit on a sack, etc. comes only with real game reps. Shotgun makes pretty good points that get ignored here for whatever reason, but Will doesn't have the escapability of some other guys. That's not a knock on him, just a fact. Luckily his first 2 years he had a top 10 NFL draft LT protecting his blindside and now that he's got 2 years of reps hopefully he can do more with less on the left side. A great QB and offensive scheme can hide a ton of problems so think we're in good hands.

Banned
    vCash
    Considering Leach makes every 6th or so practice a Four Verts practice, yes.

Will has already shown the standard (and quite frankly above average) jumps in play level for a true freshman and going through his first full season as a starter. I'm sure mobility and strength will be the points of emphasis this off season. If he can take a next level leap in both of those areas which is very typical for 19-20 yr olds to do, then look out. I'd disagree with Bucky on him leaving early if he can take jumps in those specific areas. He already goes through progressions and diagnoses presnap well with top flight accuracy. All those qualities were things Dak learned in his jump from junior year to senior year on top of learning to be pocket mobile (as opposed to a running quarterback). Pocket mobility is a skill that can be learned and you don't need Mike Vick athleticism to do it. A top 5 mobile QB all time was Dan Marino because he could maneuver in the pocket like no other. I fully expect us to be in awe of Will by mid season next year. And serious discussions to be had about his draftability.

vCash
    Yeah definitely, but feeling pressure and knowing when to step up, when to throw a dead play away, when to just sit on a sack, etc. comes only with real game reps. Shotgun makes pretty good points that get ignored here for whatever reason, but Will doesn't have the escapability of some other guys. That's not a knock on him, just a fact. Luckily his first 2 years he had a top 10 NFL draft LT protecting his blindside and now that he's got 2 years of reps hopefully he can do more with less on the left side. A great QB and offensive scheme can hide a ton of problems so think we're in good hands.
    Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Considering Leach makes every 6th or so practice a Four Verts practice, yes.

Will has already shown the standard (and quite frankly above average) jumps in play level for a true freshman and going through his first full season as a starter. I'm sure mobility and strength will be the points of emphasis this off season. If he can take a next level leap in both of those areas which is very typical for 19-20 yr olds to do, then look out. I'd disagree with Bucky on him leaving early if he can take jumps in those specific areas. He already goes through progressions and diagnoses presnap well with top flight accuracy. All those qualities were things Dak learned in his jump from junior year to senior year on top of learning to be pocket mobile (as opposed to a running quarterback). Pocket mobility is a skill that can be learned and you don't need Mike Vick athleticism to do it. A top 5 mobile QB all time was Dan Marino because he could maneuver in the pocket like no other. I fully expect us to be in awe of Will by mid season next year. And serious discussions to be had about his draftability.
    Thanks

Banned
    vCash
    Shotgun gets knocked because he presents his opinion as if we should be looking for someone who is readymade and able to do it as opposed to having any thought that Will could develop something teachable. It carries over from his take that Will's arm strength isn't good enough to compete in the SEC as if 18 year olds with Ryan Mallet arms, Mike Vick legs, and Drew Brees accuracy exist w/o college training and go to MSU for the cheap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Shotgun gets knocked because he presents his opinion as if we should be looking for someone who is readymade and able to do it as opposed to having any thought that Will could develop something teachable. It carries over from his take that Will's arm strength isn't good enough to compete in the SEC as if 18 year olds with Ryan Mallet arms, Mike Vick legs, and Drew Brees accuracy exist w/o college training and go to MSU for the cheap.
    That's pretty funny. That would be the first six star in recruiting history and he would come to MSU over all the D1 schools in the country!! Sounds great to me!! Ha ha

vCash
    Yes. And Will is going to work with his private QB coach or a private QB coach this offseason on all of that. Not to mention our QB coach and Leach will be working with him on those things as well.

Like others have said a lot of those things only really come with live reps against live competition. 2020 is going to end up being a big blessing for Will in that regard because he was essentially able to get more reps than he would have as a redshirt without actually burning a redshirt. His rapport with our receivers will get better too.

At times it looks like the game is moving too fast for Will but that is happening less and less as he continues to grow.

vCash
    Oops, my bad. I thought this was the 2022 recruiting thread and set up for that type info. Why can't the "Will Not Worthy or Worthy to be Our QB" be discussed on one of the many of those type threads which are available to bump since he took his first snap last year? Fire away. Just my opinion on the purpose for this thread. Hail State!