Page 13 of 103 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Jay Hopson from Horn Lake commits today:

https://247sports.com/player/jarnorris-hopson-46111529/
    Props to Coach McBath and Rod Gibson
    Welcome to the Fam Jay Hop.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 04-25-2021 at 09:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Yeah hard to beat LSU for Mason when you don’t even try..

It wasn’t all about the money.. and they didn’t triple or even double his salary.
    That?s not what he said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sscjr1 View Post
    That?s not what he said
    He tell you that personally?
    And based on what he was making here I cant blame him for leaving. it was beyond laughable...

My final word on this is ..
    Everyone that bitches and moans on why we don’t close or why we can’t land certain kids all circles back to the lack of effort we put into recruiting and recruiting guys we have on staff
    Some didn’t see the importance of Pat Austin, you saw the results. Who do you think saw the importance and was big on getting Mason on this staff ? Pat Austin.
    Go ask Rod Gibson how good this guy was. How many good contacts he had. How the kids and kids parents in the boot and Texas thought of him
    Bottom line we dont have near enough guys like the Gibson’s and Smiths .. we don’t pay enough for these spots , we don’t value these positions..
    And believe as much as Rod Gibson loves and bleeds maroon and white , if a school came after him with a little more cash don’t think he wouldn’t think long and hard about it

Money wasn’t the only factor in Mason leaving.. if we had countered offered with anything he would have at least listened and considered..

So again believe what you want I am basing all of this from one source.
    I don’t care what Rosebowl reports , or what Pail Jones says, or a a certain coach on the staff tells someone , or even an ex staff member.

My info came from Mason Smith himself.

With that said we can get back to MSU recruiting..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 04-27-2021 at 05:53 AM.

vCash
    And based on what he was making here I cant blame him for leaving. it was beyond laughable...

Everyone that bitches and moans on why we don?t close or why we can?t land certain kids all circles back to the lack of effort we put into recruiting and recruiting guys we have on staff
    Some didn?t see the importance of Pat Austin, you saw the results. Who do you think saw the importance and was big on getting Mason on this staff ? Pat Austin.
    Go ask Rod Gibson how good this guy was. How many good contacts he had. How the kids and kids parents in the boot and Texas thought of him
    Bottom line we dont have near enough guys like the Gibson?s and Smiths .. we don?t pay enough for these spots , we don?t value these positions..
    And believe as much as Rod Gibson loves and bleeds maroon and white , if a school came after him with a little more cash don?t think he wouldn?t think long and hard about it

Money wasn?t the only factor in Mason leaving.. if we had countered offered with anything he would have at least listened and considered..

I don?t care what Rosebowl reports , or what Pail Jones says, or a a certain coach on the staff tells someone , or even an ex staff member.

Our pay sucks. There's no debate there. Before Covid, we were banking $15M a year in our athletic dept. Now, that came in handy when Covid hit, but that's $15M we did nothing with that we could have. Pat was great, but he got himself in some trouble. Mama called Mason and he left. He'll have a bigger budget and more freedom to use it. He also might be under NCAA probation.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 04-27-2021 at 07:40 AM.

vCash

Everyone that bitches and moans on why we don’t close or why we can’t land certain kids all circles back to the lack of effort we put into recruiting and recruiting guys we have on staff
    Some didn’t see the importance of Pat Austin, you saw the results. Who do you think saw the importance and was big on getting Mason on this staff ? Pat Austin.
    Bottom line we dont have near enough guys like the Gibson’s and Smiths .. we don’t pay enough for these spots , we don’t value these positions..
    And believe as much as Rod Gibson loves and bleeds maroon and white , if a school came after him with a little more cash don’t think he wouldn’t think long and hard about it

Money wasn’t the only factor in Mason leaving.. if we had countered offered with anything he would have at least listened and considered..

I don’t care what Rosebowl reports , or what Pail Jones says, or a a certain coach on the staff tells someone , or even an ex staff member.

Calm down. I meant that's not what IfYouOnlyKnew said. He said we weren't beating LSU for Mason without tripling what LSU offered.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Mason Miller sends out the signal. Who is it?

vCash
    This is really impressive considering most everyone said expect a recruiting lull at least until after some summer visits

vCash
    QB1????

vCash
    I'd bet on it being Craycraft from Jesuit.

vCash
    Rosebowl with the CB for Locke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sscjr1 View Post
    Calm down. I meant that's not what IfYouOnlyKnew said. He said we weren't beating LSU for Mason without tripling what LSU offered.
    Well maybe Mason told him differently..

I’m given out first hand info from the source.. if it’s not true then so be it..

vCash

Why don't you think we are committed?

Who doesn't want to be committed?

Who is holding us back because every fan I talk to wants to win badly
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Give more. We need to double our giving. We are last. And until we start throwing money at this it won't get fixed. Organizationally were are poor compared to the rest of the SEC. That's a fact. We need to double our giving to even sniff long term being a competitor.

I've stumped on this a long time and so many people continue to say money isn't an issue. It's an issue when you compare to the SEC. Top 25 recruiting classes are what we keep asking for. Guess what? That puts us best case scenario 8th or 9th in the conference. We need cash flow to fix our problem if we want to compete in the SEC consistently in football. Period.

vCash
    Give more. We need to double our giving. We are last. And until we start throwing money at this it won't get fixed. Organizationally were are poor compared to the rest of the SEC. That's a fact. We need to double our giving to even sniff long term being a competitor.

I've stumped on this a long time and so many people continue to say money isn't an issue. It's an issue when you compare to the SEC. Top 25 recruiting classes are what we keep asking for. Guess what? That puts us best case scenario 8th or 9th in the conference. We need cash flow to fix our problem if we want to compete in the SEC consistently in football. Period.
    Not saying your wrong, but with all this sec/tv contract money(millions) that we have gained within this decade and has been going up, we couldn't have used a sliver of that to raise a few salaries and hire some more recruiting guys? With how everyone says we are dirt cheap on salaries, it couldn't cost that much for a few raises and more positions could it? Exactly where is all this added money going to?
    Last edited by Bdawg; 04-28-2021 at 07:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

It's not just sports we aren't committed to. We also aren't committed to being a better university. Our leadership is bad if commitment is what you want.

vCash

We are supposedly banking $15MM per year instead of spending it on salaries and positions. What makes you think increased alumni donations will be used for the right reasons?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    We are supposedly banking $15MM per year instead of spending it on salaries and positions. What makes you think increased alumni donations will be used for the right reasons?
    Yeah I don't get it either. Bank 14mm and take a mil for salaries and hires. Or 13. Or whatever it takes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Yeah I don't get it either. Bank 14mm and take a mil for salaries and hires. Or 13. Or whatever it takes.
    Where does that info come from? Is that legit?

What would we do that - to dedicate it towards facility upgrades or something?

vCash
    It has been a observation through history that those who bitch the most give the least

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    It has been a observation through history that those who bitch the most give the least

I think people would be more than willing to give if it were articulated what we need.

For example, where is this memo? "Dear Boosters, in order to keep up with the rest of the SEC in terms of recruiting staff, we need to raise $1 mil. These funds will go directly towards the hiring of 5 additional recruiting analysts. We plan on making the hires August 1st & need to raise the money by July 1st"

I'm sure if people knew what we needed, we'd get all the support anyone could ask for. However, when it seems like we're banking $14 mil a year from the TV contacts, people just aren't going to give funds that aren't earmarked towards a need.

This seems like total common sense yet it goes undone
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More