Page 15 of 103 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Who are we looking at from Union HS? Was told we had some coaches there today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Who are we looking at from Union HS? Was told we had some coaches there today
    RB/ATH and OL
    Both are camp guys. RB/ATH is committed to USM.

vCash

vCash
    We got a new commit today. Defensive back from Raymond I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    We got a new commit today. Defensive back from Raymond I think.
    Trent Singleton. Good athlete, even better kid. Probably going to end up a safety for us.

Our DB recruiting has been a complete 180 from the last class. We had several reaches for 2021. There are some studs in this year's group if we can get them all signed.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    RB/ATH and OL
    Both are camp guys. RB/ATH is committed to USM.
    The RB is a two sport kid too. He?s a freak on the Diamond. Good kid too from everything I hear. When I was coaching at newton academy their was rumors of him talking about transferring over. He was friends with kemp
    Alderman and was wanting to play with him. Never came to fruition though. The board at that school was the biggest joke in history.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    The RB is a two sport kid too. He?s a freak on the Diamond. Good kid too from everything I hear. When I was coaching at newton academy their was rumors of him talking about transferring over. He was friends with kemp
    Alderman and was wanting to play with him. Never came to fruition though. The board at that school was the biggest joke in history.
    I wonder why we are not even getting a mentioned from the good RB from Germantown High in Gluckstadt, Ms?
    We have one of his former teammates coming in this fall and we are on the ?X? man big time from there.

I?ve watched over 90% of Germantown games over the 9-10 yrs of their existence. The defensive lineman coming to MSU this fall and the X-man & the running back being seniors this fall at GHS are 3 dandies.
    Also, FWIW, I didn?t lose any sleep over Nigel Knott going to Bama as I had a feeling he wasn?t going to be able to stay healthy. Absolute great kid&teammate and super fast but just wasn?t real strong and was hurt some before he left GHS.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    I wonder why we are not even getting a mentioned from the good RB from Germantown High in Gluckstadt, Ms?
    We have one of his former teammates coming in this fall and we are on the ?X? man big time from there.

I?ve watched over 90% of Germantown games over the 9-10 yrs of their existence. The defensive lineman coming to MSU this fall and the X-man & the running back being seniors this fall at GHS are 3 dandies.
    Also, FWIW, I didn?t lose any sleep over Nigel Knott going to Bama as I had a feeling he wasn?t going to be able to stay healthy. Absolute great kid&teammate and super fast but just wasn?t real strong and was hurt some before he left GHS.
    Branson Robinson is an old school downhill RB he's not interested in 8-10 carries & 8-10 swing passes. He's going to UGA to Nick Chubb 2.0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Branson Robinson is an old school downhill RB he's not interested in 8-10 carries & 8-10 swing passes. He's going to UGA to Nick Chubb 2.0
    And play in a 1980s offense. Which is fine, but the reason RBs like them is because the scheme they run is from the 80s.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    And play in a 1980s offense. Which is fine, but the reason RBs like them is because the scheme they run is from the 80s.
    Yep & they're steady using that 80's offense to put RB's in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yep & they're steady using that 80's offense to put RB's in the league.
    Totally agree. Can't blame any RB for going there.

That being said, you should be running an offense that maximizes your talent, but UGA doesn't do that
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    4* DE Donterry Russell committed to us tonight.

Younger brother of Demonte Russell, who is already on the team. Not really a surprise, but a good get regardless.

vCash

vCash
    Leach and the crew are bringing in nice talent. I'm also glad to see the Mississippi recruits finally becoming rated properly and respectable.

vCash
    Mason Miller signaling another commit.

Stone Blanton?

vCash
    This looks to be a solid class we are building. Obviously it wont stay in the top ten rankings wise but if it ends in the top 20 thats a great class.

vCash
    Our recruiting strategy is very conservative. We are content to take as many .86 - .87 3 Star guys as early in the process as possible. We are ranked high because of all the early commits and that is obvious. Ole Miss has taken an almost opposite strategy. Considering the year we had last year I'm OK with our approach. MSU and Leach remain an unknown quantity. Hopefully we look radically different in 2021.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Our recruiting strategy is very conservative. We are content to take as many .86 - .87 3 Star guys as early in the process as possible. We are ranked high because of all the early commits and that is obvious. Ole Miss has taken an almost opposite strategy. Considering the year we had last year I'm OK with our approach. MSU and Leach remain an unknown quantity. Hopefully we look radically different in 2021.
    Some of that is because a lot of Mississippi recruits are rated late in the process. We have at least two commits off the top of my head that will likely be four stars by the time NSD rolls around.

The best thing that Leach is doing IMO is getting balance in our classes. That's was the worst thing about Dan's recruiting. We would go 2-3 cycles without signing a legit outside WR prospect or have a class with zero o-linemen that qualified. That leads to massive holes that usually get exploited by the Alabama's of the world.

Secondary recruiting was rough last cycle- but look how Leach has responded with this class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Mason Miller signaling another commit.

Stone Blanton?
    Have we figured this out yet?