Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
Here's who I would consider early targets that MSU has a good shot with AS OF NOW:

Stone Blanton - 4 star MLB from MRA. He's also a baseball commit to us, but he's receiving national interest from the likes of Clemson, so we're going to have to fight to get him here. Grew up a State fan and wants to play baseball here, so we've got as good of a shot as any. (He will go to Clemson or Bama...possibly Ole Miss)

JD Stewart - 3 star OLB from Greenwood. Very good player who has consistently named State as his leader. We've had good success with kids from Greenwood and the delta. (He will go to State)

Donterry Russell - 3 star DE/Edge from Provine. Younger brother of Demonte Russell. Built just like Demonte. Gonna be a good one. We have a great shot with him. (MSU has a good shot)

Marquez Dortch - 4 star CB from George County. Ole Miss probably has the edge with him now that MJ flipped. But, never say never I guess. (Ole Miss bound)

Zxavian Harris - 4 star DT from Germantown. Like I said earlier, this is a dude we pretty much have to get. With the lack of in-state DL in the state this year, we've got to make up for it next year with a guy like him. He seems to like State so far, but man, we'll have to fight the big boys off for him. (Ole Miss bound)

Shazz Preston - 4 star WR from St. James, LA. Younger brother of Shawn Preston. I think LSU gets him if they want him, because like we saw with Malik Nabers today, if LSU wants a Louisiana kid, 9 times out of 10, they're gonna get that kid. But you never know with a sibling on the team. (LSU bound)

Larry Simmons - 4 star WR from Moss Point. Still very early with him. I know Ole Miss is after him hard. If we some how land him early, here's your annual flip candidate. Looks to be the early frontrunner for the best WR in the state. (Ole Miss bound)

Bryson Hurst - 4 star OT from Gautier. Best OL in Mississippi so far. Ole Miss is also on him. With the air raid, it's going to be tough to recruit high quality OL, because other schools negatively recruit by saying it doesn't prepare you well for the next level. We'll be in the mix, but still too early (Ole Miss bound)

Jaydon Hodge - 3 star S from Ocala, FL. Thanks to Jamar Chaney, we probably lead for this guy. Good player with good offers early on. Hope we stay on him. (MSU option)

Jacoby Matthews - 4 star S from Ponchatoula, LA. He's consistently talked well of State and included them in lists and such, but again, wouldn't get my hopes up with him being a highly touted Louisiana kid. Eff those coon asses. (LSU bound)

Khamauri Rogers - 4 star CB from Holmes County. Currently an LSU commit, but he's fallen down the rankings over the last few months, so I'm not sure if he sticks with them or not. We just signed his teammate in Corey Ellington so hopefully that helps. Holmes County Central is a very pro MSU school. (LSU bound but Ole Miss if LSU drops him)

James Monds III - 3 star CB from Fort Pierce, FL. We're on this kid pretty hard and he seems to be returning the love. Always tweets positive stuff about MSU. I believe he even made the trip up to Starkville for the game this past Saturday. Hopefully, Jamar Chaney can close the deal on this guy too. (MSU bound unless Florida comes calling - and I think they do)

Kailep Edwards - 3 star MLB from Edgard, LA. We seem to lead for this guy early. I don't think he's good enough for LSU to take him, but he seems solid. We should bring in a nice haul of LBs next year. (LSU bound unless they pass)

RJ Moss - 3 star DE from Biloxi. Received offers from the instate schools but has remained quiet since. Probably a wait and see guy at this point, but we should have a decent shot if we push. (MIGHT get him but probably headed to JSU)
It’s depressing to think about but we simply won’t win a head to head battle for any player that LSU, Ole Miss, or Bama really wants. We don’t have the network or recruiters to do it. Our administration is fine with that. Handle it like baseball recruiting you know.