Page 98 of 103 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    This isn't what people in Biloxi are saying.
    So far there has only been one side of the story going around. This is the other side and from someone I have known for a while?and happens to be on staff. Somebody I trust very much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post
    So far there has only been one side of the story going around. This is the other side and from someone I have known for a while?and happens to be on staff. Somebody I trust very much.
    Cool. There are always two sides of every story, but regardless of what's correct, the optics of this are terrible, and the staff could've handled it better.

vCash
    You cant sign someone nowadays that may be a qualifying risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    You cant sign someone nowadays that may be a qualifying risk.
    Then drop him in December. You knew he was a risk. Offer him a blue shirt in December instead of waiting 5 days until signing day to do it. His grades haven't magically tanked in 3 weeks since students returned to school. I don't have a problem with the decision to drop him. I have a problem with the timing of it. Because now our reputation is hurt in south MS. Whether some admit that or not.

vCash
    Then drop him in December. You knew he was a risk. Offer him a blue shirt in December instead of waiting 5 days until signing day to do it. His grades haven't magically tanked in 3 weeks since students returned to school. I don't have a problem with the decision to drop him. I have a problem with the timing of it. Because now our reputation is hurt in south MS. Whether some admit that or not.
    He was not offered a blueshirt. He has known all along what he needed to do to sign. He was encouraged to look at other schools all along because MSU was not going to take the risk on signing day if they did not feel he would qualify. A lot of schools stayed away from him because of his grades. You are correct, his grades did not magically tank in three weeks. If school ended in December he was not getting in and it was not even close. And that is with the improvement he had shown. On paper he could still qualify but if he basically needed a flawless final semester, then 3 weeks was enough to know that was not happening. Once again, this comes from the other side of the story so choose to believe whoever. Guess we will know when it is time to enroll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post
    He was not offered a blueshirt. He has known all along what he needed to do to sign. He was encouraged to look at other schools all along because MSU was not going to take the risk on signing day if they did not feel he would qualify. A lot of schools stayed away from him because of his grades. You are correct, his grades did not magically tank in three weeks. If school ended in December he was not getting in and it was not even close. And that is with the improvement he had shown. On paper he could still qualify but if he basically needed a flawless final semester, then 3 weeks was enough to know that was not happening. Once again, this comes from the other side of the story so choose to believe whoever. Guess we will know when it is time to enroll.
    Paul Jones says otherwise

vCash
    Paul Jones says otherwise
    Yeah I noticed. Asked about that and was told he was wrong.

Banned
    vCash
    Oh no we have one family in coastal mississippi spreading bad word about our recruiting. Meanwhile our in state rival had a murderer coach on staff last year. Along with another dude involved in covering up rape.

Gtfoh acting like this will be an issue in 2 years let alone 2 months.

Idc if their side is even true. Welcome to the big leagues. The only people worried about that are borderline kids who won't move the needle at the top.

vCash
    Juco is an excellent route to get the grades in order. One cannot risk signing one with questionable grades now.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    If he was any good and from the coast, he would be going to LSU. Maybe he'll go to JSU snd let Coach Prime rescue him for some PR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Gtfoh acting like this will be an issue in 2 years let alone 2 months.
    No.

Ask the people in the Byhalia area how they feel about the Ole Miss coaching staff after they dropped Makylan Pounders a few days before signing day.

Y'all are in spin mode, and I get it, but this is a terrible look and pretty much assures we won't be getting a kid from Biloxi any time soon. That's coming straight from a coach on staff at BHS.

vCash
    No.

Ask the people in the Byhalia area how they feel about the Ole Miss coaching staff after they dropped Makylan Pounders a few days before signing day.

Y'all are in spin mode, and I get it, but this is a terrible look and pretty much assures we won't be getting a kid from Biloxi any time soon. That's coming straight from a coach on staff at BHS.
    I find it really hard to believe we kept the family in the dark and just unknowingly drop him on his ass at the last minute, especially when committed for so long. Use some common sense. It's not like him and his family didn't know he was a grade risk anyway. Sounds to me like we gave him his best chance at coming to the SEC and he just didn't improve enough to take a chance on. The grades are on the student. Period. Kids today should know schools can't sign guys in Feb hoping they make it to school because you can't risk losing that scholarship.
    Pounders is waaaay different to me. OM flipped the kid late in the game with what looks like they had no intensions of signing him in the first place. They truly dropped him on his ass at the last minute and, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think grades were a risk like they were here.
    Last edited by Bdawg; 01-29-2022 at 09:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I find it really hard to believe we kept the family in the dark and just unknowingly drop him on his ass at the last minute, especially when committed for so long. Use some common sense. It's not like him and his family didn't know he was a grade risk anyway. Sounds to me like we gave him his best chance at coming to the SEC and he just didn't improve enough to take a chance on. The grades are on the student. Period. Kids today should know schools can't sign guys in Feb hoping they make it to school because you can't risk losing that scholarship.
    Pounders is waaaay different to me. OM flipped the kid late in the game with what looks like they had no intensions of signing him in the first place. They truly dropped him on his ass at the last minute and, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think grades were a risk like they were here.
    Don't have to use common sense. Just going off of what Steve Robertson, Paul Jones, and his coach at Biloxi have said. Think I'm gonna believe them over ED message board posters. Believe whatever you want to believe though.

vCash
    No.

Wasnt Biloxi 3-7 last year? Maybe this coach should be worried about his job. He may not be around to assure anything. If the kid is borderline on qualifying thats on the coach and parents.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 01-29-2022 at 10:58 AM.

vCash
    sound like the coach needs to make himself useful in a study hall type format to aid his students cuz this kid needs much grade help. I'm not sure Biloxi will be producing any SEC level talent anytime soon so that is a non factor.

vCash
    Don't have to use common sense. Just going off of what Steve Robertson, Paul Jones, and his coach at Biloxi have said. Think I'm gonna believe them over ED message board posters. Believe whatever you want to believe though.
    If that?s the case, then our staff told him you can?t sign in December because of grades but you can sign in February because grades don?t matter then? According to Steve, Paul, and the Biloxi coach what did our staff tell Moss the reason was he could not sign in December?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    sound like the coach needs to make himself useful in a study hall type format to aid his students cuz this kid needs much grade help. I'm not sure Biloxi will be producing any SEC level talent anytime soon so that is a non factor.
    They've put out 2 D1 players the last 2 years.

vCash
    They've put out 2 D1 players the last 2 years.
    Name some players from Biloxi High School that signed to play football at MSU in last 10 years? Walley went to Diberville.

vCash
    Name some players from Biloxi High School that signed to play football at MSU in last 10 years? Walley went to Diberville.
    Where did I say we signed any players there? I was just saying, they've put out some decent players the last few years, so I'm not willing to justify cutting ties there.

I'm aware where Walley went to school.

vCash
    This is where I’m at. Most of the coast schools have aligned themselves with LSU. We aren’t ever making in roads down there unfortunately. This is a big nothing burger.