Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash

vCash
    Sweet!

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Kid can really play. Likely a FS in college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Kid can really play. Likely a FS in college.
    Really like his measurables. I know his 247 profile shows an LSU offer, though I am sure that is probably not committable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Really like his measurables. I know his 247 profile shows an LSU offer, though I am sure that is probably not committable.
    Why because he committed to State?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    It would be commitable at this stage.

vCash
    Good to get this kid now.. He will get a lot of attention before signing day

vCash
    It also will not hurt with his teammates, provided we are after them, which I’m sure we are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    It also will not hurt with his teammates, provided we are after them, which I’m sure we are.
    I was told a while back that JD Stewart was the best defensive player in the state this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I was told a while back that JD Stewart was the best defensive player in the state this year
    I wouldn't go that far.

vCash
    Jackson Cannon (OL) has just committed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Jackson Cannon (OL) has just committed
    1 year of football in a run heavy offense. No major offers. Not sure I would've been in a hurry with him but we're going to sign so many OL maybe we find a diamond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    1 year of football in a run heavy offense. No major offers. Not sure I would've been in a hurry with him but we're going to sign so many OL maybe we find a diamond.
    Who do you like? Sheessh.... these coaches know what they're doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Who do you like? Sheessh.... these coaches know what they're doing.
    I never said I didn't like him. But he's a kid we could've waited on and still gotten. We're about to sign two kids that have really never pass blocked in HS. I find that a little odd after the complaints last year that we had too many guys that were run blockers and few OL that fit the scheme. I believe we'll sign 5 OL. So down the road, we're going to have the ability to thin the heard anyway if we hit on several. And hopefully they see a diamond in this kid. OL is a spot you can do that.

vCash
    I like most of what I'm seeing on the defensive side in recruiting. From all the talk, we lead for some good DL and are in it with some too. That was a concern last round but they appear to have the ball rolling. Still need to fill the DB spots and that's been a chore. Looks like safety is solid but CB still the issue. Looks like we're on several big body, physical receivers this round.

vCash
    I think sometimes this staff takes guys a little too early, but they evaluate these guys more in depth than I do and interact with them, so they obviously can read a situation better than I do. I also get that some of these guys could blow up so you want to have them early, but I just think some are guys you could get in the last minute if you had to, and I don't want us to have to turn down a better player Bc we filled up at the position.

The kid has size though which imo, is the most important part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I like most of what I'm seeing on the defensive side in recruiting. From all the talk, we lead for some good DL and are in it with some too. That was a concern last round but they appear to have the ball rolling. Still need to fill the DB spots and that's been a chore. Looks like safety is solid but CB still the issue. Looks like we're on several big body, physical receivers this round.
    Agree, we should have a solid defensive class bc the state is much better this year.

vCash
    Go ahead and get the kid in the boat. Lots of time to evaluate.
    If he “blows up” a little we already have him all work then will be to close.. , if he regresses or isn’t a fit for us a little later you process him..

Win / win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    If he “blows up” a little we already have him all work then will be to close.. , if he regresses or isn’t a fit for us a little later you process him..

Win / win
    I'm not always a fan of it, but I do think this staff will do more of it. OL you can do it. Skill spots are tougher. We hung ourselves out cutting loose players this last round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

Win / win
    You can get away with that with OOS kids. Not so much in-state. You can some (see Howard and Toles) but you can't make a habit of it.