Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Looks like we are expecting Cooper and Hargrove today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Who is this kid???!!?!!

Zy Ford 6'0 210
    East Webster
    LB
    https://twitter.com/king_bulldozer/s...115835392?s=21
    He could be a dog safety.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    He could be a dog safety.
    Naw he's not that fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Problem is he's about 5'10" maybe 5'11". That's probably going to keep him out the SEC.
    My son is a jr this year(played oline this year) and plays with Zy.

IMO I don't think he'll be a P5 college player either. Good kid though.

My son is 6'4" 290-295. He loves baseball though. Never been to a football camp of any kind.

I'm a little bias...ha...but I think he would have been an SEC left tackle if he would have chased football all these years instead of baseball.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    OM is kicking our asses in recruiting. They've got a top 20 class this year and will next year. They're cleaning up the skill guys in MS. The MJ double whammy has really hurt us.
    And I'll go ahead and tell you, I don't currently expect us to get either of the big DL instate this year. We aren't pulling the top RB either. The top WRs are committed to OM already. I think we've got time to change some of that, but it'll be tough. This staff needs to get things done in state this year.
    I feel very confident that we will get Harris.

vCash
    What's the story on Ty Simpson? I think I've read somewhere that we had a family connection but apparently he's more interested in OM than us. How does that happen?

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    He is going to Clemson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    What's the story on Ty Simpson? I think I've read somewhere that we had a family connection but apparently he's more interested in OM than us. How does that happen?
    Leach and Co. had him lower on their QB board than Dan and Joe did. If Moorhead was still here I imagine Ty Simpson would've come here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Leach and Co. had him lower on their QB board than Dan and Joe did. If Moorhead was still here I imagine Ty Simpson would've come here.
    I don't think Moorhead would've beat out Dabo but we would've been a lot more in the race.

vCash
    I don't think Moorhead would've beat out Dabo but we would've been a lot more in the race.
    The times I talked to Jason, Ty's dad, I know he was very enamored with Moorhead's offense. I do agree it would've been hard to beat Dabo though. Especially with how we probably would've looked under Moorhead.

vCash
    Speaking of, who do you guys think we get at QB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I think we want either Klubnik or Bailey. I think our chances are much better with Bailey. Outside of that I don't really know who we'll take. Our offers are Ewers(tOSU commit), Marichol(FSU commit), Walker Howard(LSU commit), Gunner Stockton(UGA commit), Klubnik, Bailey, Simpson, and MJ Morris.

I imagine if we don't get Bailey or Klubnik then we reevaluate or just look in the portal for depth. With both Greek and Robertson coming in we don't necessarily have to take a QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Likely someone we haven't offered.

vCash
    Gotcha. Thanks y'all.

vCash
    Blows my mind why Simpson would want to go to a team that already has a 5 star freshman QB on the roster that'll have a year on him due to COVID.

vCash
    Blows my mind why Simpson would want to go to a team that already has a 5 star freshman QB on the roster that'll have a year on him due to COVID.
    Because QBs have big egos. If they don't think they can beat the current starter then I don't want them on my team. Hell that's like saying Sawyer saw Will having success this year so he'd be stupid to come to State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Because QBs have big egos. If they don't think they can beat the current starter then I don't want them on my team. Hell that's like saying Sawyer saw Will having success this year so he'd be stupid to come to State.
    I can see that in the NFL for sure but a player only has so much time to show off in college. In this case I highly doubt he'll beat out DJ. That guy can sling it.

vCash
    Ty will only be there 1 year with DJ. DJ will go pro after Ty True Freshman year. There won't be much overlap at all.

vCash
    Ty will only be there 1 year with DJ. DJ will go pro after Ty True Freshman year. There won't be much overlap at all.
    I didn't think he could. Isn't he a RS Freshman? With the rule changes he'll still be a Freshman when Ty comes in right?

vCash
    I didn't think he could. Isn't he a RS Freshman? With the rule changes he'll still be a Freshman when Ty comes in right?
    Ty is a '22 kid. This coming up year DJ will be a 2nd year Freshman & Ty Will be a Sr. Then Ty True Freshman year DJ will be a 3rd year Soph. He's gone after then. So Ty Will either be a RS Fresh or True Soph.