Page 30 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    As of right now, we dont have a committed player that could come in and contribute in a year or two. Seems like a class of just adding depth. Hope we plan on hitting the transfer portal hard
    One of the linebackers could get early playing time.

vCash
    Quentel Jones got another CB to us. The two receivers Pope and? may wait till late to announce. Stone Blanton is a guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Quentel Jones got another CB to us. The two receivers Pope and? may wait till late to announce. Stone Blanton is a guess.
    If we can't get Stone Blanton to commit, a player that I thought was already committed to our baseball program, then our recruiting staff stinks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    If we can't get Stone Blanton to commit, a player that I thought was already committed to our baseball program, then our recruiting staff stinks.
    My educated guess is he is holding out as long as possible because of his Ole Miss brother.

I think he commits to MSU in December for early NSD. But that's just a guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My educated guess is he is holding out as long as possible because of his Ole Miss brother.

I think he commits to MSU in December for early NSD. But that's just a guess.
    My understanding is that he has plenty of MSU in his corner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    My understanding is that he has plenty of MSU in his corner.
    This and he's really into State baseball.

vCash
    So MSU baseball and Ole Miss football?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    So MSU baseball and Ole Miss football?
    I know you are joking, but I keep hearing this is where he is right now. I think we win out - too many connections for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I know you are joking, but I keep hearing this is where he is right now. I think we win out - too many connections for us.
    Agreed

vCash
    NIL deal for our baseball team is huge for kids like Stone. He's about to make 10k guaranteed for baseball and then have a full scholarship from football.

vCash
    Seeing OM what they truly are today has to help MSU with Stone. Maybe not much, but some
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Seeing OM what they truly are today has to help MSU with Stone. Maybe not much, but some
    Win and it does. Lose and it really doesn't mean much at all.

vCash
    What about Davis Dalton, the kid at MRA who had 388 yards receiving vs prep last week? I know he is committed to usm but are we sure we want to pass on that kid? I know he is a 4.8 40 right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    What about Davis Dalton, the kid at MRA who had 388 yards receiving vs prep last week? I know he is committed to usm but are we sure we want to pass on that kid? I know he is a 4.8 40 right now.
    Yes, he is a pass. Too slow

vCash
    Prep is not good this year …

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Prep is not good this year …
    True. But he has torched everybody the last two years, public and private. Including the two D1 kids on Deion's team last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    Yes, he is a pass. Too slow
    Fair enough

vCash
    Deion Sanders? So you are saying he would be a great G5 player. 4.8 in SEC just doesn’t cut it. Unless he is another cranial receiver like Austin Williams. But look how long it took him to contribute. Just don’t think you tie up a scholly on that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Deion Sanders? So you are saying he would be a great G5 player. 4.8 in SEC just doesn’t cut it. Unless he is another cranial receiver like Austin Williams. But look how long it took him to contribute. Just don’t think you tie up a scholly on that.
    Yea Deion. He coached two D1 DBs on the HS team he coached last year that was ranked top 10 in Texas and lost to MRA. Dalton abused both of them, including catching the game winner.

If you could guarantee me he would be another Austin Williams I'd take him today. You need a guy like that. It took him a long time to contribute Bc all of wr sucked under Joe.

And yes, almost all of daltons routes are adjustment routes. Very cranial.

vCash
    I like Dalton. He can play. I do think we can sign better however.