Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    The more stuff I hear about this staff, the more I think they just wanna coast and be comfortable. I'm sure the pro-Leach crowd will start touting "Leach likes to get the under the radar kids. He does more with less. Etc."

It should be required reading for everyone to go read the article from a few years ago about Leach and his QBs. It might be a pay article on the Athletic now, but it basically says there's very little teaching about his offensive system and that its one of the smallest playbooks they'd ever seen. You basically have to teach yourself how to run an offense and call plays as the QB. So its no wonder that some highly rated recruits, like Sawyer, have a hard time picking up this offense because its not really one where you are going to get taught anything.

But back to recruiting. I'm so ready for us to get a HC and staff that absolutely wants to kill it on the recruiting trail and not just half-ass things.
    We had one. His name was jomo. Worked his ass off recruiting. Meant very little. And he couldn't coach either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We had one. His name was jomo. Worked his ass off recruiting. Meant very little. And he couldn't coach either.
    Jomo could recruit. That was his only knack as our HC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Jomo could recruit. That was his only knack as our HC.
    If you went by rankings he wasn't that good.... he had a passion for it and still couldn't close the deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    If you went by rankings he wasn't that good.... he had a passion for it and still couldn't close the deal...
    Yeah he closed the deal on several players we wouldn't have had otherwise. Marks, Shrader and Cross immediately come to mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Yeah he closed the deal on several players we wouldn't have had otherwise. Marks, Shrader and Cross immediately come to mind.
    I meant his ranking was basically where we had been in the past. Not much changed. The head coaches effort went up, but the net result was basically the same. And yes I agree we wouldn't have gotten those 3....

vCash
    I think a win and some positive momentum is exactly what we need to firm up Blanton.

I think both things happen.