Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOL Urban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Why would he take TN over Auburn? I don't even feel like they are close on the desired job scale.
    I would take TN over Auburn any day. TN is in the East. All TN needs is a good coach and they'll be back on the national scene. They're a sleeping giant too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I would take TN over Auburn any day. TN is in the East. All TN needs is a good coach and they'll be back on the national scene. They're a sleeping giant too.
    TN plays (in order of toughness) Bama, UGA, UF, Kentucky. Auburn plays Bama, UGA, LSU, A&M. Yeah that 4th team is slghtly harder for Auburn, but it's extremely comparable SOS.

The advantage TN has is fan expectations. Auburn will fire you if you go 9-3 and never beat Bama or UGA. TN will wish you'd do more, but overall like you if you go 9-3 with loses to Bama, UGA, and UF every year. Auburn has a natty 10 years ago and an appearance 7 years ago, and were an SECCG win away from making a playoff. TN fans (I know cause i live in east TN) have been beaten down and just want to be a top 20 program again

vCash
    I agree, if I were the coach. But auburn will cheat their ass off just like ole miss did. Freeze will have it made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Why would he take TN over Auburn? I don't even feel like they are close on the desired job scale.
    If I?m not mistaken, and I very well may be, but his wife is from around the area and they got engaged inside Neyland. He even went as far to tell her one day he would be coaching there.

vCash
    Just think how the Ole Miss faithful would feel to see their best shot at national relevance going to Auburn.
    How would OM feel that another one of their coaches is coaching at Aubbie.