Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shane Beamer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Poor Billy
    Honestly I had forgotten about him. He took a risk and got burned- for now.

Fortunately for us we didn't hire him. The last thing we need right now is a coach looking to leave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I am always iffy about a hire that is very dependent on the coordinators.

It can work out great for you (see LSU last year), but what happens when your ace coordinators leave? (see LSU this year)

I have a similar thought about Pittman at Arkansas. Briles and Odom have been VERY good for them this year, but what happens when they inevitably leave for greener pastures?

If you are only as good as your coordinators, are you actually that good?
    That is the weakness of this strategy. See LSU this year vs. last year. You better hit on OC/DC every time one leaves and they will leave at some point.

My take on it is a set-up where you have a CEO coach like that your in for a roller coaster ride because it's going to probably result in really high seasons where you may win 10+ games but then you may have a season where the bottom falls out because of a bad hire at the coordinator positions. The AD has to accept that going in when you hire a coach like a Pittman or a Beamer- or even a Coach O. None of those are elite X and O guys and they're more recruiters and maybe more important- managers of the overall program than anything.

vCash
    Don’t be shocked if Spurrier Jr. leaves us now. He and Beamer were both on the Ole Ball Coach’s staff together at SC. Definitely something to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Honestly I had forgotten about him. He took a risk and got burned- for now.

Fortunately for us we didn't hire him. The last thing we need right now is a coach looking to leave.
    Sounds like Napier is claiming he turned them down

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    I think Freeze is a little more serious in his faith now. He has toned down the I'm a Christian every day on Twitter spills and he admits his flaws. I also listened to his testimony recently from a service he did at a local church in Arkansas. He just wasn't the same Freeze that he was at Mississippi.
    I think this is very accurate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    ESPN report I ready said both Napier and Satterfield turned them down. SC also apparently interviewed the Coastal Carolina coach and Brian Johnson.

I'm a little shocked Napier turned them down. Only thing I can think is that he's potentially waiting for Texas or Auburn if they make a move.
    Reads like he wants to keep his entire staff in tact, which would mean getting them raises, as well. Maybe learned a thing or two from Dabo. Reduces coaches attrition and builds trust and loyalty/stiff upper lip if there's ever any snooping around. That would raise his overall asking price considerably and it's possible SC balked.

Again that's pure speculation, but also reading his statement as a message. I don't recall Mullen or many other coaches ever putting out a public statement when they turned down or got turned down for a job.

vCash
    Don?t be shocked if Spurrier Jr. leaves us now. He and Beamer were both on the Ole Ball Coach?s staff together at SC. Definitely something to watch.
    I hope we aren't in danger of losing Arnett
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Beamer could very well win at SC, but, if they hire him without coordinating experience, it's a fireable offense for Ray Tanner.

Just hard to conceptualize how you could suck on offense under Muschamp & then go out & hire a head coach without any coordinating experience.

Again, he could win, but on paper it's a really shitty hire
    This would have been like us hiring Joe Judge.

vCash
    Don’t be shocked if Spurrier Jr. leaves us now. He and Beamer were both on the Ole Ball Coach’s staff together at SC. Definitely something to watch.
    This is a dumb hot take. They aren?t even close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He was on my list of mentions after Joe was fired. He'll be in the Coach O/Sam Pittman mold. A CEO coach who relies on good coordinators.
    It?s a cautionary tale and has really only worked out once AND depends completely on the staff staying mostly intact which is why Clemson is the only true program where that has worked. I think both LSUs and Arkansas?s programs are both going to gloriously crash and burn which is going to lead to a lot of ADs getting fired. It?s not a sound strategy and was never a model you could follow consistently. Wait until Odom and Briles leave for greener pastures at Arkansas. Then you will have a program with no identity trying to find the next two best coordinators which you recruited to a certain other system. It?s not a model for success. When you make a shitty hire, you don?t follow it up with a risky as hell hire if you like your job. Cohen hired Leach which imo saved his job. If he had hired Joe Judge like he wanted to, he?d of been canned imo.

vCash
    Hiring Leach may have saved his job.....for now. It may end up simply prolonging his firing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    If he's so good, why has no one ever hired him as a coordinator?
    He was State's recruiting coordinator under Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    This is a dumb hot take. They aren?t even close.
    Does it matter if they are close? Spurrier was at SC for 8 years and only left because he wasn't retained after his dad retired. He and Beamer were on the same staff there for 4-5 years. I'm not saying they are best buddies but it's definitely something to monitor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Hiring Leach may have saved his job.....for now. It may end up simply prolonging his firing.
    I think Leach will be here for at least a decade. Lemonis looks like the type of hire we needed in baseball. His next hire in men?s basketball doesn?t seem to really matter unless it?s Ray level bad. I think he?s at least set up for a decade here unless something really unforeseen happens. What else could get him fired? I do think if he had hired Judge after the Moorhead debacle he?d of been fired.

vCash
    Does it matter if they are close? Spurrier was at SC for 8 years and only left because he wasn't retained after his dad retired. He and Beamer were on the same staff there for 4-5 years. I'm not saying they are best buddies but it's definitely something to monitor.
    He?s very close to Leach though. That whole offensive staff is. Are you saying what you are saying with any inside info or just because you googled and saw Beamer was on Spurrier?s staff with Spurrier, Jr?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I think Leach will be here for at least a decade.
    I hope you are right because that means Leach proved the nay sayers wrong and we have consistency in the program. I just don?t see Leach working until he is 70.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    ESPN report I ready said both Napier and Satterfield turned them down. SC also apparently interviewed the Coastal Carolina coach and Brian Johnson.

I'm a little shocked Napier turned them down. Only thing I can think is that he's potentially waiting for Texas or Auburn if they make a move.
    Napier did not turn them down. They did talk, but he did not turn something down he never received.

vCash
    South Carolina has a similar situation to State in regards to their AD. Both schools have former baseball coaches being the AD that are in over their head. Ray Tanner did make a good hire with Frank Martin, I would love to have him at State, but not much else to speak of. Their baseball program has gone downhill, this is the 2nd bad football hire he has made in a row. I don?t see him lasting unless Beamer works out.