Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shane Beamer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Isn't that what an OC/DC is for? Plenty of Coaches have the OC/DC calling plays.
    All I?m saying is I think it?s too risky. Ray Tanner can?t have this hire fail. Beamer no doubt is a great coach with lots of coaching experience. He could be a home run, if he is hired.

vCash
    Beamer has 20 years in coaching now, 12 of it in the SEC. He has more experience, SEC experience, and more experience in big programs then Mullen had when we hired him. He also grew up in Frank Beamer's house.
    Outside of HC experience (which is a legit thought), what else would you want him to have?
    Carolina at most will get as high as 3 maybe 2. Sorry but they are the Mstate of the East.

vCash
    Isn't that what an OC/DC is for? Plenty of Coaches have the OC/DC calling plays.
    Problem with that at a place like South Carolina (or State) is if you hit on a great OC or DC he'll get snatched up by the blue bloods or get a head gig somewhere, so you end up always shuffling the deck and disrupting continuity. Best case you get lucky and hit on another coordinator who is able to keep it going (and then leaves shortly thereafter, rinse repeat) and worst case is you get Peter Sirmon or his OC equivalent.

For continuity sake I think programs like SC or State need a head guy who will keep continuity on at least one side of the ball, preferably offense.

vCash
    Shane Beamer is a hell of a hire. He will win there. Guy can recruit his ass off. He recruited a lot of Mullen's first two teams. He was here from 04-06. And I can promise you this, he'll be able to a heck of a staff together. He has connections in every conference in college football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Shane Beamer is a hell of a hire. He will win there. Guy can recruit his ass off. He recruited a lot of Mullen's first two teams. He was here from 04-06. And I can promise you this, he'll be able to a heck of a staff together. He has connections in every conference in college football.
    If he's so good, why has no one ever hired him as a coordinator?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I'm just guessing but Dado seems real to me, maybe Freeze is real now days. Repent and asking for forgiveness is the answer.
    I think Freeze is a little more serious in his faith now. He has toned down the I'm a Christian every day on Twitter spills and he admits his flaws. I also listened to his testimony recently from a service he did at a local church in Arkansas. He just wasn't the same Freeze that he was at Mississippi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    I think Freeze is a little more serious in his faith now. He has toned down the I'm a Christian every day on Twitter spills and he admits his flaws. I also listened to his testimony recently from a service he did at a local church in Arkansas. He just wasn't the same Freeze that he was at Mississippi.
    Humility is a good thing. Perhaps he's learned from mistakes. I have no ill will toward him now that he's gone from OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    I'm not buying......he's still a snake oil salesman.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    South Carolina better go with an experienced HC this time.
    This time? Because Muschamp, the HBC, and Lou Holtz were not experienced coaches?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    If South Carolina is smart they will hire Chadwell. Luckily I don?t think they are though and will probably hire someone random like Beamer
    How's Neal Brown doing today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    This time? Because Muschamp, the HBC, and Lou Holtz were not experienced coaches?
    Wasn't saying as opposed to last time or any time before then. I just meant as little risk as possible. But since you mentioned those 3, holtz and spurrier were hardly bad hires. Boom was sorta a shaky pick from the jump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    How's Neal Brown doing today?
    Bad game for sure, but Matt Campbell was actually my number 1 choice, it just wasn?t realistic with the buy out and our cheap AD. Even if it would?ve meant an SEC title in 2018. Brown and Clawson were next and choices I felt were more reasonable. Brown has still done more with less in the last two years and exceeded expectations both years. Something none of our coaches have done since Mullen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Bad game for sure, but Matt Campbell was actually my number 1 choice, it just wasn?t realistic with the buy out and our cheap AD. Even if it would?ve meant an SEC title in 2018. Brown and Clawson were next and choices I felt were more reasonable. Brown has still done more with less in the last two years and exceeded expectations both years. Something none of our coaches have done since Mullen
    Campbell is a good coach but he is a Northern guy like PJ Fleck. Clawson I think would have been average.

vCash
    This guy at Coastal Carolina would be my guy.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    No doubt he is a great coach. Been saying this all year. South Carolina is not smart if they don?t hire him. Chadwell is the best mid major and Coastal Carolina is actually a legit top 10 team.

vCash
    Bruce Feldman tweeting out that South Carolina will hire Shane Beamer. I think he is a great hire for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    The problem with the Coastal Carolina guy (Chadwell) is he has a history of NCAA violations at other schools that he has coached at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by runwildjerious View Post
    Bruce Feldman tweeting out that South Carolina will hire Shane Beamer. I think he is a great hire for them.
    Of course the biggest thing with that hire will be the coordinators that he brings in with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by runwildjerious View Post
    Poor Billy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Of course the biggest thing with that hire will be the coordinators that he brings in with him.
    I am always iffy about a hire that is very dependent on the coordinators.

It can work out great for you (see LSU last year), but what happens when your ace coordinators leave? (see LSU this year)

I have a similar thought about Pittman at Arkansas. Briles and Odom have been VERY good for them this year, but what happens when they inevitably leave for greener pastures?

If you are only as good as your coordinators, are you actually that good?