Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shane Beamer

vCash

Shane Beamer

Could possibly become a head coach this cycle. He is involved with USCe and I think would make a pretty good coach. He actually is on my wish list if Leach is gone in a few years.

vCash
    He was on my list of mentions after Joe was fired. He'll be in the Coach O/Sam Pittman mold. A CEO coach who relies on good coordinators.

vCash
    Not enough experience for me. At least for an SEC job and the pressure that comes with it. Carolina has a chance to make a move for #2 in the east with this hire. Beamer is too risky imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STATEBALLIN View Post
    Not enough experience for me. At least for an SEC job and the pressure that comes with it. Carolina has a chance to make a move for #2 in the east with this hire. Beamer is too risky imo
    #2? Florida and Georgia will be very tough to pass

vCash
    Every hire is risky. You can throw that out the window. It's hard to find a bigger lock than Tom Herman at Texas or Jim Harbaugh at Michigan.

vCash
    I think a hire like this depends a lot on the coordinators that they bring in. He could bring in Longo from North Carolina and Coastal Carolina's DC and have a good staff.

I'm not sure about number two regardless of who they hire. #3 maybe depending on what Tennessee does.

vCash
    Why I used a ?chance? at #2. Maybe I should have said to compete for the #2 spot in the east. Kirby smart is who he is. Saban D coordinator that can?t put a good offense on the field.

vCash
    The fact some people think USCe can have a chance to compete for the 2nd spot in their division is sad when you're a state fan and looking at Bama, LSU, Auburn, and TAMU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    The fact some people think USCe can have a chance to compete for the 2nd spot in their division is sad when you're a state fan and looking at Bama, LSU, Auburn, and TAMU
    One good thing about aTm, LSU, and auburn is they are known to have really down years. The problem is they have to all have a bad year the same season, and we have to be our best that season. We certainly have an uphill battle.

vCash
    Beamer has 20 years in coaching now, 12 of it in the SEC. He has more experience, SEC experience, and more experience in big programs then Mullen had when we hired him. He also grew up in Frank Beamer's house.
    Outside of HC experience (which is a legit thought), what else would you want him to have?
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Beamer could very well win at SC, but, if they hire him without coordinating experience, it's a fireable offense for Ray Tanner.

Just hard to conceptualize how you could suck on offense under Muschamp & then go out & hire a head coach without any coordinating experience.

Again, he could win, but on paper it's a really shitty hire
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    South Carolina better go with an experienced HC this time. I'd be calling Chadwell, Napier, and freeze

ETA... freeze at SC would be fun to watch him and dabo see who can sell their man of God routine the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    South Carolina better go with an experienced HC this time. I'd be calling Chadwell, Napier, and freeze

ETA... freeze at SC would be fun to watch him and dabo see who can sell their man of God routine the best.
    Agree. Going with Beamer should get Tanner fired. That's an absurd hire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

I'm just guessing but Dado seems real to me, maybe Freeze is real now days. Repent and asking for forgiveness is the answer.

vCash
    If South Carolina is smart they will hire Chadwell. Luckily I don?t think they are though and will probably hire someone random like Beamer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Beamer could very well win at SC, but, if they hire him without coordinating experience, it's a fireable offense for Ray Tanner.

Just hard to conceptualize how you could suck on offense under Muschamp & then go out & hire a head coach without any coordinating experience.

Again, he could win, but on paper it's a really shitty hire
    I not saying they should hire Beamer - I just don't think coordinator experience is the only route to determine if someone would make a good HC. It's a crap shoot no matter what. Boom had how many years of coordinator experience? And he's proven twice that he is shitty. SC's is as much or more of a coaching graveyard as MSU. Hell, Lou Holtz sucked there. It took Spurrier 6 seasons to build them into a team that could win more than 7 regular season games - and it burned him out.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I not saying they should hire Beamer - I just don't think coordinator experience is the only route to determine if someone would make a good HC. It's a crap shoot no matter what. Boom had how many years of coordinator experience? And he's proven twice that he is shitty. SC's is as much or more of a coaching graveyard as MSU. Hell, Lou Holtz sucked there. It took Spurrier 6 seasons to build them into a team that could win more than 7 regular season games - and it burned him out.
    I don't disagree, but, after Boom, they've got to go with a safer hire than Beamer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He was on my list of mentions after Joe was fired. He'll be in the Coach O/Sam Pittman mold. A CEO coach who relies on good coordinators.
    I've come to think it's best for MSU to not go this route. Truth is we don't have the budget to hire two good coordinators. If we use a head coach as a de facto coordinator, we get one for free.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Beamer has 20 years in coaching now, 12 of it in the SEC. He has more experience, SEC experience, and more experience in big programs then Mullen had when we hired him. He also grew up in Frank Beamer's house.
    Outside of HC experience (which is a legit thought), what else would you want him to have?
    No play calling experience.

vCash
    No play calling experience.
    Isn't that what an OC/DC is for? Plenty of Coaches have the OC/DC calling plays.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18