Last night for the first time we got see Nikki's squad and I was impressed. Few random thoughts other than Rickea and Jessika are really good.

1) Everyone is going to like watching Nikki's offensive strategy compared to Vic. It's night and day. Passes were much faster, crisper with a lot more off the ball movement. I want to see how allowing bigs to bring up the ball will look against better defenses but we get into our offense quickly.

2) Despite such a large change in offensive style we look pretty organized about where to be and where we want the ball to go. They looked really well coached as I expected us to look lost a good bit of the time because of the newness. Not the case for most of the game last night.

3) Very unselfish on offense. We still get our best players the most shots but it's coming in the flow of the offense and not forced.

4) Mingo-Young is playing much more confident and is really strong.

5) Y. Morris looks much much stronger than last year with better body control. She's going to be pretty useful.

6) Defensively we're not pressing as much but Nikki addressed that in her last presser saying because of roster numbers they are trying to not wear them out but ideally she's be pressing much more than we are.

7) We're really deep and there isn't a big drop off from starters to the bench for the guards especially (minus Rickea).

8) Defensively we look slightly worse than Vic's teams but I think some of that is Nikki has them playing tighter on the ball to try and force more TO's. Something to watch as we play better teams.

No idea how this will turn out but was a very impression initial showing into how Nikki coaches. The players seem to really enjoy playing for her.