Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miss. State vs New Orleans (Women's Basketball)

vCash

Miss. State vs New Orleans (Women's Basketball)

Miss. State Women's Basketball
    Game #2 of the season
    Tonight...7:00 pm, Starkville MS (Humphrey Coliseum)
    Miss. State plays New Orleans

(Fans allowed)
    Public seating 25% capcity
    Club seating 50% capacity
    SECN+
    MSU Radio
    Live Stats
    Last edited by jdelta02; 12-02-2020 at 07:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Miss. State Women's Basketball
    Game #2 of the season
    Tonight...7:00 pm, Starkville MS (Humphrey Coliseum)
    Miss. State plays New Orleans
    You know of any way to watch? I am going to look around and see what I can find.

vCash
    It's on the ESPN app.

vCash
    Just saw it on SECN+

vCash
    They've moved the benches to the near side at the Hump. Why? Anything to do with Covid?

Or maybe they moved the cameras to the other side.

vCash
    25-9 first quarter.

This team has the talent to be Final 4. They just need to get their chemistry down. Early but I don't see a big dropoff from previous teams with new coaching staff or players.

vCash
    SEC Coaches pick MSU #5 in SEC preseason? Yet we are #6 in the nation?? MSU envy by the coaches?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    SEC Coaches pick MSU #5 in SEC preseason? Yet we are #6 in the nation?? MSU envy by the coaches?
    Good ole helmet picks. So ****ing stupid

vCash
    29 point lead at the half. Definitely a mismatch.

vCash
    Halftime
    Miss. State 57
    New Orleans 28

JaMya Mingo-Young 11
    Jessika Carter 11
    Rickea Jackson 7
    Sidney Cooks 7

vCash
    UNO might be the shortest team we will play all year but we still have an uber talented team.

Mingo-Young looks to have taken a step forward. Cooks is impressive. I think Hayes is going to be a fan favorite, she looks like she can be a more talented version of what Dom and Blair were for us.

vCash
    Might be deepest most talented team we have had. Not much dropoff at all all the way down the bench. We are a tough matchup - inside, outside.

vCash
    We look good, Mingo is getting better, we are deep!! I kno there is a Covid restriction for fans but for the #6 team in the nation I hoped to see a better turnout

vCash
    Final
    Miss. State 106
    New Orleans 51

Jessika Carter 23 pts, 10 rbs
    JaMya Ming-Young 18 pts, 8 rbs, 5 assists, 0 to
    Rickea Jackson 16 pts, 5 rbs
    Yemiyah Morris 14 pts, 6 rbs, 1 blk
    Sidney Cooks 9 pts, 3 rbs, 4 assists
    Aliyah Matharu 8 pts, 4 rbs, 2 stls, 1 blk, 2 to
    Madison Hayes 7 pts, 8 rbs, 2 assists
    C. Thompson 6 pts, 3 rbs, 1 assist, stl
    Myah Taylor 5 pts, 3 rbs, 5 assists, 2 stls, 1 to

Mingo-Young is a baller. Also, she's a very tough (including mentally), physical, strong, athletic player, and appears to have made that big freshman to sophomore jump. Appears a leader as well. Big game by Jessika Carter (including double double). Also, Rickea Jackson doing Rickea Jackson things. Aliyah Matharu..coming along. Other players made good showings as well...team effort, another good win.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 12-03-2020 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    Did we ever figure where #11 Xaria Wiggins is? I thought she was destined to be really good too.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Did we ever figure where #11 Xaria Wiggins is? I thought she was destined to be really good too.
    Undisclosed injury. Pretty close to being back.

vCash
    We have a very talented team that has a ton of depth. Our first five is very good. And our second five can play with them especially once Wiggins returns. Rickea is a legit 1st team all American.

At this point, I just want to see this team against big time opponents. I want to see how they respond when they face adversity. That's both on the floor and in the coaches seat. That said, the potential is through the roof. And I really like listening to NMP talk basketball. I am excited about it.

vCash
    The game Saturday at South Florida should be a good challenge. South Florida has a competitive team and challenged Baylor away from home eventually only losing by 5.

I'm curious if we pick up some non conference games along the way. We've already lost two games and it appears the southern miss game is cancelled too. It would be good to pick up a few more opponents just to get out on the court. NMP said in her postgame it's been rare to have 10 available to even scrimmage. Any game we can play will be a benefit. It sucks crowds will be limited because this team is going to be fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post
    The game Saturday at South Florida should be a good challenge. South Florida has a competitive team and challenged Baylor away from home eventually only losing by 5.
    12 of 15 USF players are from overseas. ONLY 1 of 15 is even from Florida. Lot of 6-1, 6-2 Europeans .. MSU vs NATO!!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    12 of 15 USF players are from overseas. ONLY 1 of 15 is even from Florida. Lot of 6-1, 6-2 Europeans .. MSU vs NATO!!
    That’s really smart on their part. They probably know they can’t get big recruits here so go out and find the diamonds in the rough overseas.