Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Egg Thoughts.

vCash

Post Egg Thoughts.

Needed a little time to get my thoughts together.

First off I will say this, if you look at all what has happened and still think that Leach will not win. Or that there is some magical 3-8 defense that is Leach kryptonite. I cannot help you. We have not seen what the experts on here call a 3-8 since the Arkansas and UK games. Just bc there is a 3 man front does not automatically mean that you can or should run the ball. We are not seeing a prevent defense. Leach is not a dumbass and his QB is not either. Rogers has shown he will scorch the 3-8. We stopped ourselves Saturday. Penalties bad snaps and a few of of upperclassmen WRs effort was not there. That will be gone. We apparently have no one else.

Would I like to see us adapt and add more to the run game? Absolutely. We should. We could run GT counter add an h back and run buck sweep or spilt flow zone. It would help. But that is not Leach. I would not count on it. And accomplishing what he has accomplished where he has done it at, you cannot blame him. I am a firm believer that you either adapt or die. He has got to get his OL in here so he can do what he wants to do. Will could check to more runs, but when you look at our YPC it is not great. I hate throwing the ball inside the 5 yard line as much as we do but I am not making 5 mil. I do not have a scholarship to play in the SEC. They do.

I have been preaching for a while that we do not have a SEC safety on the roster. 35 is a good kid and plays hard and I hate to pound on one kid but he cannot do it. I have no idea why 23 does not get more reps but I?m sure there is a reason for it. But it is not all a talent issue. Arnett has to change how we are playing at safety. 3rd and 18 should not be a touchdown. Yes their guy pushed off. Yes 35 should have made a tackle or got a flag. But there is no way in hell they should get a 1 on 1 vs our worst player at any time. Play with 2 safeties if you have too. Put 35 at the dog safety and roll him down in the box. Your worst player cannot be easily picked on. We allowed it to happen. 3rd and 8 late in the game they came out in 2x2 and we walked our ILBs up and kept our safeties back at 12 yards. 8 for them is standing basically uncovered in the slot, runs a hitch makes 28 miss and it?s a back breaker 1st down. Arnett has to change it. We can to play scared but still give up 80 yard bombs. Take something away. A fade is a harder throw than a hitch. Bring more pressure, we cannot cover anyway.

All that said, looking at what we have dealt with and the shit culture he inherited we have gotten just about as much as we could get out of what we have. The young kids are winners. 2 of the better ones are still out with injury. Janari Dean is a DOG and will be an immediate improvement at safety.

If y?all really want someone to get mad at, get mad at the ones who quit on this team bc they got held accountable for their own actions. Even with all the shit we have dealt with, injury covid, inexperience contact tracing, if they are around we win the game. OM beat us with 43 scholarship players and it took a hell of a play from tylan Knight to beat us. Leach will own Kiffins ass. Bet on it. We are going to win. They won the most meaningless Egg that I?ve ever seen and were pretty damn lucky to do it.

End it finally with this, if you cannot support this team and this bunch you might as well go to Walmart and get you a crimson tee and roll on

vCash
    Another cancel culture post. If you don't agree with me then you must be eliminated or you don't belong, go find another team BS.

Supporting the team doesn't mean you can't critique what you see. You did it and it is OK but if anyone else takes a different view then you need to be deleted. Folks need to stop being so thin skinned.

As I've said a 100 times, I hope Leach is successful because that means MSU is successful but just like with Croom and Moorhead I didn't like what I saw with them early and I don't like what I see from Leach. I've not given up on him yet. We'll see how next year goes. It is still early, will he recruit? Culture management is better than Moorhead although don't like the kick rocks or find another team approach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Another cancel culture post. If you don't agree with me then you must be eliminated or you don't belong, go find another team BS.

Supporting the team doesn't mean you can't critique what you see. You did it and it is OK but if anyone else takes a different view then you need to be deleted. Folks need to stop being so thin skinned.

As I've said a 100 times, I hope Leach is successful because that means MSU is successful but just like with Croom and Moorhead I didn't like what I saw with them early and I don't like what I see from Leach. I've not given up on him yet. We'll see how next year goes. It is still early, will he recruit? Culture management is better than Moorhead although don't like the kick rocks or find another team approach.
    Dude over half of the post was critical of what we were doing.

vCash
    I promise you I am the opposite off cancel culture. Cancel culture was what we had under Moorhead. It was hard so we won?t do that BS

vCash
    2020 OM Defense is the only defense in the HISTORY OF THE SEC- to give up 501 yards plus per game and over 7 yards per play. Historically bad defense.

But we should be excited we scored 24 against a team giving up 40 per. Got it.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Dude over half of the post was critical of what we were doing.
    I agree that was the irony then you tell anyone that has a different opinion of Leach's performance so far to find another team? Mixed signals??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    2020 OM Defense is the only defense in the HISTORY OF THE SEC- to give up 501 yards plus per game and over 7 yards per play. Historically bad defense.

I swear to God you pick and choose more than any I have seen. If it was your personal offense you would be touting how it was brand new and full of young guys playing very well.

NVM the fact that we had a TD lost by a fumble at the foot line. There is 31 points. NVM the bad snaps, high low penalty, illegal formation penalty and shit effort from a few upperclassmen. All of that is on Leach? There is no coach in the country who could do a lot better with what we were given. We were basically a 3A against a 6A the past few weeks but you are spreading this shit. I agree with a lot of what you say but this act is old

vCash

South Carolina put 42 on 547 yards the game before us. Boom teams are known for their big time offense though.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Agree with what you said about the offense. It will work and the 3-8 is not some magic silver bullet. That being said, do I think adding some wrinkles in the run game would make it better? Yeah. But calling inside zone five more times per game right now would make our offense worse, not better.

vCash
    Who is the other guy besides Dean that was out due to injury that you are referring to? Cooley?

vCash
    I swear to God you pick and choose more than any I have seen. If it was your personal offense you would be touting how it was brand new and full of young guys playing very well.

NVM the fact that we had a TD lost by a fumble at the foot line. There is 31 points. NVM the bad snaps, high low penalty, illegal formation penalty and shit effort from a few upperclassmen. All of that is on Leach? There is no coach in the country who could do a lot better with what we were given. We were basically a 3A against a 6A the past few weeks but you are spreading this shit. I agree with a lot of what you say but this act is old
    Nailed it.

vCash
    I promise you I am the opposite off cancel culture. Cancel culture was what we had under Moorhead. It was hard so we won?t do that BS
    Not sure you understand what cancel culture is. It is not just because somethng is hard, don't do it. It is if you have a different view or opinion I will cancel you out because if it doesn't agree with my position your opinion don't count. Maybe you don't feel that way but some of your comments sure expressed that.

vCash

I really don't have a problem with anyone that wants to critique what we have seen so far this year, even though there are plenty of good reasons why our offense has not performed well. But I do have problems with folks like C34 and others that are already professing that it will be the 'same shit' production next year. Why don't we wait until we see all of these young guys go through a Spring and be in their 2nd year in the system and THEN see how they perform before we crap all over them and the Leach system for a season that hasn't even begun yet. I have a major issue with those already campaigning that we won't ever win with Leach and are apparently fully prepared to do nothing but run the program down for the next 2 seasons. Because unless Leach does something OFF the field to get canned he will be here at least for 2 more football seasons. Just sowing negativity in the fanbase for the heck of it right now over Leach is totally counterproductive to everything related to MSU football and so for folks that are going to do that, I really wish they would just go away.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 11-30-2020 at 10:05 PM.

vCash
    Needed a little time to get my thoughts together.

First off I will say this, if you look at all what has happened and still think that Leach will not win. Or that there is some magical 3-8 defense that is Leach kryptonite. I cannot help you. We have not seen what the experts on here call a 3-8 since the Arkansas and UK games. Just bc there is a 3 man front does not automatically mean that you can or should run the ball. We are not seeing a prevent defense. Leach is not a dumbass and his QB is not either. Rogers has shown he will scorch the 3-8. We stopped ourselves Saturday. Penalties bad snaps and a few of of upperclassmen WRs effort was not there. That will be gone. We apparently have no one else.

Would I like to see us adapt and add more to the run game? Absolutely. We should. We could run GT counter add an h back and run buck sweep or spilt flow zone. It would help. But that is not Leach. I would not count on it. And accomplishing what he has accomplished where he has done it at, you cannot blame him. I am a firm believer that you either adapt or die. He has got to get his OL in here so he can do what he wants to do. Will could check to more runs, but when you look at our YPC it is not great. I hate throwing the ball inside the 5 yard line as much as we do but I am not making 5 mil. I do not have a scholarship to play in the SEC. They do.

I have been preaching for a while that we do not have a SEC safety on the roster. 35 is a good kid and plays hard and I hate to pound on one kid but he cannot do it. I have no idea why 23 does not get more reps but I?m sure there is a reason for it. But it is not all a talent issue. Arnett has to change how we are playing at safety. 3rd and 18 should not be a touchdown. Yes their guy pushed off. Yes 35 should have made a tackle or got a flag. But there is no way in hell they should get a 1 on 1 vs our worst player at any time. Play with 2 safeties if you have too. Put 35 at the dog safety and roll him down in the box. Your worst player cannot be easily picked on. We allowed it to happen. 3rd and 8 late in the game they came out in 2x2 and we walked our ILBs up and kept our safeties back at 12 yards. 8 for them is standing basically uncovered in the slot, runs a hitch makes 28 miss and it?s a back breaker 1st down. Arnett has to change it. We can to play scared but still give up 80 yard bombs. Take something away. A fade is a harder throw than a hitch. Bring more pressure, we cannot cover anyway.

All that said, looking at what we have dealt with and the shit culture he inherited we have gotten just about as much as we could get out of what we have. The young kids are winners. 2 of the better ones are still out with injury. Janari Dean is a DOG and will be an immediate improvement at safety.

If y?all really want someone to get mad at, get mad at the ones who quit on this team bc they got held accountable for their own actions. Even with all the shit we have dealt with, injury covid, inexperience contact tracing, if they are around we win the game. OM beat us with 43 scholarship players and it took a hell of a play from tylan Knight to beat us. Leach will own Kiffins ass. Bet on it. We are going to win. They won the most meaningless Egg that I?ve ever seen and were pretty damn lucky to do it.

End it finally with this, if you cannot support this team and this bunch you might as well go to Walmart and get you a crimson tee and roll on
    Thanks for this post Leach!

Awesome job. We're going to win that's obvious. It's just a matter of how quickly do we take that next step.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash

Not to mention the fact that we are probably the only offense in SEC history to be as young as we are and to play with as few OL as we have had. Sure there are some that are playing that have JR or Soph listed to their name, but If it?s their first reps they are still a Freshman. The most experienced position is LG and RG literally all the rest except for Williams are young or they do not play as hard as they should. You cannot play it both ways. You get on here almost ad nasuem about other teams, ESP Auburn year in year out about how young they are say that?s the reason they?ll kick our ass the next year. We are playing with less experience than anyone in the conference and a brand new system. That is a hell of a spot to be in as a coach...You should know that...You do not think we will improve?

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash

Straw man.

No one is excited about what our offense did Saturday- or at least they shouldn?t be. You can be pissed about us shooting ourselves in the foot, while also being excited about the future of this offense. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Leach averaged 20.4 PPG in year 1 at WSU, and that was with a full offseason/spring. He then averaged 31-40 PPG every year from 2013-2019. I expect us to make a big jump next season. If we don?t, then barring some crazy circumstances yeah we?ve got problems.

vCash

While we have looked better than anemic on O, I don't think we have proved anything yet. Why wouldn't we look better against worst D in league? Now if we do that in next 2-3 games, OK maybe something is working. Way too soon. Moorhead looked good against weak teams too. So did Croom

vCash

Teams **** up on offense every week. Guess what? Next year we will have bad snaps, fumbles, penalties, illegal formation penalties as well. Our offensive talent Saturday was greater than the talent OM put on the field defensively. Spin spin spin- but a turd is still a turd
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Not sure you understand what cancel culture is. It is not just because somethng is hard, don't do it. It is if you have a different view or opinion I will cancel you out because if it doesn't agree with my position your opinion don't count. Maybe you don't feel that way but some of your comments sure expressed that.
    Man. I know what cancel culture is. I am sorry you took my post as cancel culture bc that was not my intention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    Straw man.

No one is excited about what our offense did Saturday- or at least they shouldn?t be. You can be pissed about us shooting ourselves in the foot, while also being excited about the future of this offense. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Leach averaged 20.4 PPG in year 1 at WSU, and that was with a full offseason/spring. He then averaged 31-40 PPG every year from 2013-2019. I expect us to make a big jump next season. If we don?t, then barring some crazy circumstances yeah we?ve got problems.
    That's what's funny. Leach is actually ahead of schedule yet very few realize it.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More