Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Post Egg Thoughts.

vCash
    Did anyone see this ? Who said Will needed more arm strength ?

Last edited by FISHDAWG; 12-01-2020 at 01:13 PM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    If you have to be an sec level coach to critique an sec coach, I suppose you have to be an sec level athlete to critique an sec athlete. This board is gonna be pretty boring following this logic.

vCash

vCash
    [QUOTE=Coach34;1291643]So you cant cook a great pot of gumbo if you arent a chef in a New Orleans restaurant?
    You have to be Myron Mixon or Johnny Trigg to do a great rack of ribs?
    You have to be a Fireman or you dont know how to put out a fire?
    You cant be a great governor unless you are Tate Reeves?
    You cant possibly know anything about being a good athletic director unless you are John Cohen or Larry Templeton?
    I never said there wasn?t and I know a good many of them. However you hop on here and act like your king shit saying what all is wrong and this is how you fix it. And if anyone and I mean ANYONE disagrees with you, your argument is well you just don?t know what the hell your talking about!! Oh and did I mention when we win or have a good game, we never hear a word out of you. All you do is come on here and make sure everyone knows how right you were or how good you are. Even if the stats don?t back you up, you twist them To make them fit what you want them to. Take that shit out of here coffee boy...

vCash
    My basic thoughts about the game after I've taken a couple of days to think about it:

1. Will Rogers has really impressed the last two weeks and I think he'll continue to do so. I think we have a great chance to finish 2-0 with him at the helm. He's turned what was going to be the Sawyer Robertson coronation the moment he stepped on campus into what might be the most anticipated MSU QB battle since Wyatt vs Madkin.

2. Jaden Walley is going to be an absolute star. How so many missed on him is wild. He's gonna buck the streak of no MSU receivers drafted. He looks like Devonta Smith did as a Freshman

3. Malik Heath is a matchup nightmare. He was worth the wait.

4. Aaron Brule is a star in the making. This kid has the makeup to be the next KJ or BMac. He is constantly near the ball.

5. PLEASE PAY ZACH ARNETT.

6. We might've found our next De'Runnya in Spivey. Saturday might've been his breakout game and I think he'll become a go to redzone target in the last two games.

7. Once we get even more receivers in this offense it might get scary VERY FAST. The improvement we've made in the last two weeks is night and day from where we were 6 weeks ago. Playing like this we would have at least 2 more wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Did anyone see this ? Who said Will needed more arm strength ?

Too funny!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Teams **** up on offense every week. Guess what? Next year we will have bad snaps, fumbles, penalties, illegal formation penalties as well. Our offensive talent Saturday was greater than the talent OM put on the field defensively. Spin spin spin- but a turd is still a turd
    What you just described is an execution problem. Fumbles and bad snaps that killed 3 drives. Nothing to do with scheme.

We had 11 possessions. 4 scores. 7 empty possessions. That's too many. But of those 7 you had a fumble at the goal line and two rolled snaps by Cole. All three of those are not on scheme, they are on lack of execution.

Let things play out and see what happens.
    Last edited by confucius say; 12-01-2020 at 01:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    So you cant cook a great pot of gumbo if you arent a chef in a New Orleans restaurant?
    You have to be Myron Mixon or Johnny Trigg to do a great rack of ribs?
    You have to be a Fireman or you dont know how to put out a fire?
    You cant be a great governor unless you are Tate Reeves?
    You cant possibly know anything about being a good athletic director unless you are John Cohen or Larry Templeton?

**edited to add**- there are some really good HS coaches in Mississippi. Much better than there was 20 years. Just because they dont coach on the college level- doesnt mean they dont know football as well as others that do.
    There have been a lot of HS coaches who never coached College but would have been great at college level,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    What you just described is an execution problem. Fumbles and bad snaps that killed 3 drives. Nothing to do with scheme.

We had 11 possessions. 4 scores. 7 empty possessions. That's too many. But of those 7 you had a fumble at the goal line and two rolled snaps by Cole. All three of those are not on scheme, they are on lack of execution.

Let things play out and see what happens.
    Also fumbling a ball on the 1 foot line doesn't happen often along with two snaps that bad. You could probably go multiple years without either of those types of plays happening. I am not talking about a bad snap but so bad it goes past the QB and you just have to fall on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    There have been a lot of HS coaches who never coached College but would have been great at college level,
    This is true and you can say this about any field. I've seen in my line of work for 30+ years. Just because a guy didn't go the CEO or VP or whatever the next level, doesn't mean they don't know their stuff, many even better than those that did promote up. I've seen too many moved up that didn't deserve it. Sure same goes for coaching circles as well.