Thread: Post Egg Thoughts.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    That's what's funny. Leach is actually ahead of schedule yet very few realize it.
    That's the thing. Leach- unlike Croom or Moorhead- has an actual track record of doing this. And so far it has played out like it has before. Which makes freaking out even less intelligent at this point.

The other funny thing is Leach's offense is pretty close in PPG to Dan in 2009- and our offense PPG is the same as 2010 and 2011 with a good chance of passing those two in the next couple of games.

And what did some of these same posters say on sixpack at the time? "Wait till Dan gets the right personnel in". And yet- Leach with a plethora of freshmen and sophomores and a broken culture essentially performing at the same level as Dan "won't work in the SEC".

Heck- Dan's best offenses were when could actually pass the ball adequately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's the thing. Leach- unlike Croom or Moorhead- has an actual track record of doing this. And so far it has played out like it has before. Which makes freaking out even less intelligent at this point.

The other funny thing is Leach's offense is pretty close in PPG to Dan in 2009- and our offense PPG is the same as 2010 and 2011 with a good chance of passing those two in the next couple of games.

And what did some of these same posters say on sixpack at the time? "Wait till Dan gets the right personnel in". And yet- Leach with a plethora of freshmen and sophomores and a broken culture essentially performing at the same level as Dan "won't work in the SEC".

Heck- Dan's best offenses were when could actually pass the ball adequately.
    100%

I see what C34 is saying as well. I just think he's embellishing it
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    100%

I see what C34 is saying as well. I just think he's embellishing it
    The thing is, some of the folks saying the system won't work, I just wonder if they EVER stayed up and watched Washington State games in the Pac 12? The numbers they put up were ridiculous. Will we have trouble putting up big numbers against the elite defenses in the SEC like WSU had trouble with Washington? Yes, I think so, but there are only a few SEC defenses these days that are in the same category as Washington was for most of Leach's tenure at WSU. Heck, we just threw for 336 yards against Georgia who is supposed to be an elite defense. That is WAY better production than the last time Mullen took an offense over to Athens. If you don't like the offense because there isn't enough running fine, but the offense will put up very good numbers against the vast majority of defenses we face once the players are seasoned in the season. As I've said repeatedly, you don't need 5 star QBs and WRs for the Leach system to be successful, you just need reasonably talented, disciplined guys that have been in the system multiple years and know it inside and out.