Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowl Game

vCash

Bowl Game

Listening to Head2Head today, they mentioned that MSU could possibly go bowling even with losing the next two. Even over a 10-1 Liberty team. What is the real chances of this happening ?

vCash
    High

vCash
    Us getting a bowl over freeze would be hilarious, and it would also be inexcusable toward the liberty players.

vCash
    Birmingham seems to be a high probability.

I don't care where we go. We just need to keep playing. Keep building chemistry & timing.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    The streak will live on 😂

vCash
    ESPN and CBS both have us in the Birmingham Bowl as of today. You'll see either 12 or 13 SEC teams in bowl games this year. Vandy is the only team who for sure won't go to one. Georgia, A&M, and Florida all staying in the NY6 makes a bowl game for us almost a near certainty thanks to the SEC tie-ins. Solid chance we get in even at 2-8, but 3-7 makes it almost a certainty (assuming that all the SEC bowl games happen).

If it's not Birmingham then the other most likely option right now is St. Petersburg. I'd prefer Birmingham solely based on the date (New Year's Day in B'ham vs. December 26th in St. Pete).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    The streak will live on ��
    We would likely be a 6-6 team had this been a normal year, so it makes sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I agree and in this crazy year I'll take it, and it keeps our streak alive. The bowl streak may not mean a lot to some but i think it's pretty cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    ESPN and CBS both have us in the Birmingham Bowl as of today. You'll see either 12 or 13 SEC teams in bowl games this year. Vandy is the only team who for sure won't go to one. Georgia, A&M, and Florida all staying in the NY6 makes a bowl game for us almost a near certainty thanks to the SEC tie-ins. Solid chance we get in even at 2-8, but 3-7 makes it almost a certainty (assuming that all the SEC bowl games happen).

If it's not Birmingham then the other most likely option right now is St. Petersburg. I'd prefer Birmingham solely based on the date (New Year's Day in B'ham vs. December 26th in St. Pete).
    I agree. We'll go bowling. As you mentioned Vandy is toast. South Carolina has no coach. We have Leach who has a lot of fans throughout the country. It will be Birmingham or St. Pete. I prefer Birmingham because it works out better for me personally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I agree and in this crazy year I'll take it, and it keeps our streak alive. The bowl streak may not mean a lot to some but i think it's pretty cool.
    The BIGGEST thing is the reps and the payout.

We need both.

vCash
    If they have balls and want some money they would schedule an egg rematch. And we would win it.

vCash
    Agreed! I know it would have never happened but I was secretly hoping Cohen and the Ole Miss AD propositioned the SEC to let us play again since we are both off this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Agreed! I know it would have never happened but I was secretly hoping Cohen and the Ole Miss AD propositioned the SEC to let us play again since we are both off this weekend.
    TSUN ain't gonna take that chance.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    It wouldn’t benefit them, that’s for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    four wins this season is like having a 8 win normal season.

vCash
    I've been saying St. Pete but the Gasparilla Bowl is actually in Tampa this year at Raymond James Stadium. Good deal, Tropicana Field is a dump and even moreso for football games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The BIGGEST thing is the reps and the payout.

We need both.
    Absolutely!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Agreed.

To that point, decent chance OM finishes 5-5, which would be like a 9 win season in Kiffin's first year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Eh, it really depends on what your two extra SEC games were and what your nonconference schedule would have been.

We added a win against Vandy but added a loss against Georgia. So it's reasonable to think that 4-6 in this schedule would've meant 3-5 against a normal conference schedule. We probably would've beaten New Mexico, Tulane, and Alabama State, but NC State was very much a toss-up. So even if we win our remaining games and go 4-6, the closest translation for us is 7-5 or 6-6.

In OM's case, they added two wins in Kentucky and South Carolina. So 5-5 for them would've been 3-5 against a normal schedule, and probably 7-5 overall.

vCash
    Reps, Reps, Reps