Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luke Altmyer decommitts from FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I see your point. I agree Sawyer is a real talent but are we the only school that can't land two 4 star QBs because we're afraid of losing both? Other schools do it all the time. Also my comment was beyond Altmyer. I was speaking of talent in general from our own town. The last one is tearing it up for the TN Titans.
    What other schools have 2 4 star QB commits?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Luke know the score, he doesn't want to come in here and compete with Sawyer Robertson. Sawyer is #10 pro style QB, #145 ranked player in the country. Luke is #12 and #183. I suspect CML offered Sawyer while still at WSU. Very little risk in Sawyers commitment, he's sold on CML, no guarantees with Luke.
    I'm shocked the two are ranked so close by 247. On film they aren't nearly this close. Robertson is a good bit better prospect.

The former Texas Tech player personnel director tweeted last week that Sawyer is the best QB in Texas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm shocked the two are ranked so close by 247. On film they aren't nearly this close. Robertson is a good bit better prospect.

The former Texas Tech player personnel director tweeted last week that Sawyer is the best QB in Texas
    Because he had an AL and FSU offer. He's nowhere as good as Robertson. I question his durability too. He's a redshirt that needs to get bigger and stronger. I watch a couple their games last two years and came away unimpressed. He did have some good camps though. He's a late take for OM. AL no longer has a spot for him. FSU is a train wreck. He would've been great for Memphis had Norvell stayed there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Because he had an AL and FSU offer. He's nowhere as good as Robertson. I question his durability too. He's a redshirt that needs to get bigger and stronger. I watch a couple their games last two years and came away unimpressed. He did have some good camps though. He's a late take for OM. AL no longer has a spot for him. FSU is a train wreck. He would've been great for Memphis had Norvell stayed there.
    Agree. In reality, Altmeyer is about an 88 rated QB & Robertson should be a 94-95. Robertson is slightly under ranked & Altmeyer over ranked & thus they end up being near each other in the rankings, but when you watch either play, they aren't in the same class of player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    What other schools have 2 4 star QB commits?
    USC has the #7 and 10th ranked QB committed this year but I'm not just speaking of this year. TX and Oregon last year. Ole Miss, Penn St, Bama and Arizona St signed two a piece in '19. Wash in '18. This is just the last few years so it's not uncommon to see a few teams sign two highly ranked QBs in the same class

vCash
    USC has the #7 and 10th ranked QB committed this year but I'm not just speaking of this year. TX and Oregon last year. Ole Miss, Penn St, Bama and Arizona St signed two a piece in '19. Wash in '18. This is just the last few years so it's not uncommon to see a few teams sign two highly ranked QBs in the same class
    Tell the truth, Matt, you're Luke's Uncle!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    I doubt we ever sign another MS QB (by Leach) unless they run this system in HS like Rogers. Altmeyer and Keyes are two high profile guys and we passed. With big recruiting ties to Texas, we'll be pulling QBs and WRs from there.

vCash
    It's a slap in the face of our program to lose a recruit that we want in Starkville especially to a rival. Does OM ever lose a recruiting battle for a recruit in Oxford against us? It's rare to see MSU flip a commit from OM but seems the norm for it to go the other way around.
    Uhhhh

vCash
    Luke and Kinkead can battle for practice team reps over their career there...

vCash
    There is another aspect that pain at the story crystal clear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Uhhhh
    What was wrong about my comment?

vCash
    What was wrong about my comment?
    Will Rogers family is long time OM folks but he's playing for us perhaps
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Will Rogers family is long time OM folks but he's playing for us perhaps
    I was referring to hometown recruiting Starkville vs Oxford. We've never as far as I can remember been able to pull a high ranked (4*+) player from Oxford.

vCash
    I was referring to hometown recruiting Starkville vs Oxford. We've never as far as I can remember been able to pull a high ranked (4*+) player from Oxford.
    don't remember the star count but we pulled the Addison brothers from there ... or just North of Oxford and they were pretty good players
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    We've gotten some from South Panola. Oddly enough.

vCash
    Hasn't been a lot of highly ranked players from Oxford. Not as many as Starkville over the years. But Starkville isnt just pumping out kids we need either. We didn't want Altmeyer, so we didn't lose anything there. Other than AJ, OM hasn't really killed it in Starkville.

vCash
    Tyler Williams is from Oxford and pretty sure OM wanted him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Hasn't been a lot of highly ranked players from Oxford. Not as many as Starkville over the years. But Starkville isnt just pumping out kids we need either. We didn't want Altmeyer, so we didn't lose anything there. Other than AJ, OM hasn't really killed it in Starkville.
    Exactly.. I said this on another thread.. outside of Kobe, Willie, and AJ name the other SHS players the last 10-15 years that produced at the SEC level..
    and if we wanted Luke we could prob get him..
    Sawyer is head and shoulders Better and I would even also D Greek over him...
    IMO he isn’t even the best QB in the state.. depending upon the system I would take Keys over Luke

vCash
    That's the standard line but personally I think that's b.s. It'll come back to bite our ass in a few years, wait and see.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    That's the standard line but personally I think that's b.s. It'll come back to bite our ass in a few years, wait and see.
    Moorhead didn't even offer him. AL was taking to fill the depth chart. FSU wanted him because Norvell was recruiting him at Memphis. He's had some injury issues and isn't going to hurt you running either.
    We had at least three QBs ahead of him.