Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80

Thread: Luke Altmyer decommitts from FSU.

  1. #1
    Senior Member msbulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    W. Monroe, LA
    Posts
    7,385
    vCash
    1087076

    Luke Altmyer decommitts from FSU.

    NM
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,350
    vCash
    600
    He is about to be a Rebel. Honestly, smart move on his part.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9
    vCash
    600
    Seminoles don't think so. He was their highest ranked recruit.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Jack Lambert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    misippi
    Posts
    12,788
    vCash
    524070182
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    He is about to be a Rebel. Honestly, smart move on his part.
    I suspect GA, Miami or Fl.

  5. #5
    Senior Member KOdawg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    5,515
    vCash
    2674
    OM bound.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,200
    vCash
    600
    It's a slap in the face of our program to lose a recruit that we want in Starkville especially to a rival. Does OM ever lose a recruiting battle for a recruit in Oxford against us? It's rare to see MSU flip a commit from OM but seems the norm for it to go the other way around.

  7. #7
    Senior Member msu15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    SCOOBA'S DOME
    Posts
    1,197
    vCash
    1050600
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    It's a slap in the face of our program to lose a recruit that we want in Starkville especially to a rival. Does OM ever lose a recruiting battle for a recruit in Oxford against us? It's rare to see MSU flip a commit from OM but seems the norm for it to go the other way around.
    Ummm sorry to bust your bubble, but we didn't want him and we have a better QB prospect committed.
    Fire Ben Howland

  8. #8
    Senior Member Jack Lambert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    misippi
    Posts
    12,788
    vCash
    524070182
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    OM bound.
    I have a feeling if one of the big boys want him they will get him.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,200
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Ummm sorry to bust your bubble, but we didn't want him and we have a better QB prospect committed.
    I see we've extended an offer to him and why would we not want him at least for depth? We have our state poached by other schools all the time for depth of players that would be starting here. Btw thanks for the negative rep.

  10. #10
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    35,002
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I see we've extended an offer to him and why would we not want him at least for depth? We have our state poached by other schools all the time for depth of players that would be starting here. Btw thanks for the negative rep.
    Because Sawyer Robertson is way more talented and you don't risk that commitment just because Altmeyer is from Starkville

    We have to build a football team here. Not just hoard QB recruits
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

    Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,200
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Because Sawyer Robertson is way more talented and you don't risk that commitment just because Altmeyer is from Starkville
    I see your point. I agree Sawyer is a real talent but are we the only school that can't land two 4 star QBs because we're afraid of losing both? Other schools do it all the time. Also my comment was beyond Altmyer. I was speaking of talent in general from our own town. The last one is tearing it up for the TN Titans.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,900
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by FoggyBottom View Post
    Seminoles don't think so. He was their highest ranked recruit.
    They are wrong

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,900
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I suspect GA, Miami or Fl.
    He's going to ole miss

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,200
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Because Sawyer Robertson is way more talented and you don't risk that commitment just because Altmeyer is from Starkville

    We have to build a football team here. Not just hoard QB recruits
    We need depth at the position. What happens to KJ at the end of the year? Isn't Mayden transferring? Shrader's gone. I don't see a problem with recruiting the local kid who also happens to be a 4 star.

  15. #15
    Senior Member FISHDAWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,218
    vCash
    1146092
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I see your point. I agree Sawyer is a real talent but are we the only school that can't land two 4 star QBs because we're afraid of losing both? Other schools do it all the time. Also my comment was beyond Altmyer. I was speaking of talent in general from our own town. The last one is tearing it up for the TN Titans.
    I'm possibly wrong on the star count but I think we just lost two 4-star QB's didn't we ? .....AJ was never coming here after opening up an IRA at the Library and we did end up getting some nice Starkville talent anyway
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,200
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I'm possibly wrong on the star count but I think we just lost two 4-star QB's didn't we ? .....AJ was never coming here after opening up an IRA at the Library and we did end up getting some nice Starkville talent anyway
    And that's my point. Mayden was a Mullen QB and Shrader JoMo and neither fit Leach's system apparently so that's a lot of depth to lose coupled with who knows what KJ Costello will do at the end of the year.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,900
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    We need depth at the position. What happens to KJ at the end of the year? Isn't Mayden transferring? Shrader's gone. I don't see a problem with recruiting the local kid who also happens to be a 4 star.
    He's not coming here no matter. It's all for the best.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,058
    vCash
    600
    He's going to Ole miss. Heard this was in the works about 2 weeks ago.

  19. #19
    Senior Member ShotgunDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    35,002
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    We need depth at the position. What happens to KJ at the end of the year? Isn't Mayden transferring? Shrader's gone. I don't see a problem with recruiting the local kid who also happens to be a 4 star.
    doesn't work that way at QB
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

    Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

  20. #20
    Senior Member msbulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    W. Monroe, LA
    Posts
    7,385
    vCash
    1087076
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I see we've extended an offer to him and why would we not want him at least for depth? We have our state poached by other schools all the time for depth of players that would be starting here. Btw thanks for the negative rep.
    Luke know the score, he doesn't want to come in here and compete with Sawyer Robertson. Sawyer is #10 pro style QB, #145 ranked player in the country. Luke is #12 and #183. I suspect CML offered Sawyer while still at WSU. Very little risk in Sawyers commitment, he's sold on CML, no guarantees with Luke.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.