Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wait..It Gets Better: Vandy Chick Gave A Halftime Speech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ah another point. So slapping on the but is just a guy thing in sports. So it they do it to her is that sexual harassment? Or are they not supposed to treat her like one of the guys?
    It would technically be sexual discrimination if they slap their guy teammates on the butt but did not slap her on the butt. They'd be treating her differently because of her sex, so...slap away I guess???

vCash
    I wonder if she gets the whirlpool all to herself
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Player of the Week, too!!!

Just proves it was a publicity stunt. Nothing was actually earned. I have no problem if a girl kicker wants to join the team in January, go through all the shitty practices, and earn her way but this is not that.

vCash
    Does Vandy get to go to a bowl game?

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    2 bits, 4 bits, 6 bits A Dollar, All For Vandy stand up and .....*
    Whistle....wait, wrong sport !!

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Alright, I'll bite.....how in the heck is that allowed??? Not because she's a girl, but because how is it allowed to bring in a NEW player in the middle of the season, walk-on or otherwise?
    And even more so, it should be completely against the rules if she is on scholarship for soccer... it should count against the total allowed for football IF she received any scholarship for soccer.
    I know, I know, it's a girl soccer player. But you need to consider the current cultural climate we are dealing with. Now, all you need to do is find a few decent football prospects, get them to claim themselves a "transgender" athlete and boom, you've got a girls' soccer team full of 3 ⭐️ & maybe even a few low 4 ⭐️ trans football players who collect soccer schollies and walk-on for the football team.
    Bear Bryant and Johnny Vaught would be oh so proud !!
    Last edited by Westdawg; 11-30-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Yup. That's awful. And I also think it was somewhat awful for Vandy to use her to kickoff the second half, assuming she wasn't the best person available (which as it was an ingame decision, seems like there's a decent chance that's the case). I'm sure there are girls soccer players that would be pretty solid and accurate placekickers. But if she didn't have the best leg available, using her just to say they used her because they were a scared they wouldn't have an extra point or fieldgoal seems a little disrespectful. If she had been with the team the whole season, yea, get her a shot at something just like you sometimes do with walkons to reward their hard work. But she had been with the team three days. It wouldn't have been insulting for her to not get a play. Now the first women to play in a DI football game got to play as a gimmick, not because she was the best player available.
    Well she is something no one else on thay team can claim to be, a winner.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Alright, I'll bite.....how in the heck is that allowed??? Not because she's a girl, but because how is it allowed to bring in a NEW player in the middle of the season, walk-on or otherwise?
    And even more so, it should be completely against the rules if she is on scholarship for soccer... it should count against the total allowed for football IF she received any scholarship for soccer.
    I know, I know, it's a girl soccer player. But you need to consider the current cultural climate we are dealing with. Now, all you need to do is find a few decent football prospects, get them to claim themselves a "transgender" athlete and boom, you've got a girls' soccer team full of 3 ⭐️ & maybe even a few low 4 ⭐️ trans football players who collect soccer schollies and walk-on for the football team.
    Bear Bryant and Johnny Vaught would be oh so proud !!
    Makes you wonder why we can't just bring in players to fill roster needs whenever we want. We're the ones barely able to suit up a team. It was a PR stunt in a PC culture and no other way explaining it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well she is something no one else on thay team can claim to be, a winner.
    It's not hard to be a winner playing a minor sport at vandy. Those football players signed up knowing they were about to bust their ass for four or five years and if they're lucky, get a 7 win season and a 6 win season and two losing seasons. They presumably mostly could have gone to a successful G5 program but chose a much more difficult route, presumably to either get a degree or to compete in the SEC.

And they get rewarded by having a girls soccer player who hasn't been through the grueling practices or weightlifting and doesn't get hit giving them a speech about cheering near the end of a brutal year for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Makes you wonder why we can't just bring in players to fill roster needs whenever we want. We're the ones barely able to suit up a team. It was a PR stunt in a PC culture and no other way explaining it.
    Never seen the movie Water Boy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Never seen the movie Water Boy?
    We'd take Bobby Boucher any day

vCash
    Well, it looks like she may play again. She's travelling with the team to UGA - https://247sports.com/Article/Sarah-...tch-155769259/
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Well, it looks like she may play again. She's travelling with the team to UGA - https://247sports.com/Article/Sarah-...tch-155769259/
    I wonder if she will be voted a team captain?

vCash
    One question I do have from the article, it said that there was no one else that could kick but they did have a punter that punted 7 times with a 43.3 average. We have had guys do both and especially kicking off. Why wasn't the punter an option?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    One question I do have from the article, it said that there was no one else that could kick but they did have a punter that punted 7 times with a 43.3 average. We have had guys do both and especially kicking off. Why wasn't the punter an option?
    Kicking and Punting are different. They are mechanically very different, and if you are not used to doing the other regularly you risk an easy injury. In Vandy's case, an injury to the Punter would put them at a bigger disadvantage - because they punt a lot.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Kicking and Punting are different. They are mechanically very different, and if you are not used to doing the other regularly you risk an easy injury. In Vandy's case, an injury to the Punter would put them at a bigger disadvantage - because they punt a lot.
    They could technically punt the kickoff and go for two if they ever scored a TD, so having a kicker isn't a necessity like say having a QB (see Broncos game this weekend).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    They could technically punt the kickoff and go for two if they ever scored a TD, so having a kicker isn't a necessity like say having a QB (see Broncos game this weekend).
    That's true, just like the could drop kick the extra point or FG attempt - you don't see any of those very often.

vCash
    That's true, just like the could drop kick the extra point or FG attempt - you don't see any of those very often.
    Would attempting a drop kick fg be better than someone who has never kicked fgs before? I don't think I saw her attempt anything past 2-3 yards warming up. One fg looked like crap but the other looked pretty good. It was interesting that they never really showed her attempting anything that would even be an extra point since it would have been 7 yards further back.

vCash
    Good point. Forgot about the drop kick extra point. Saw it done earlier this year in a clip from a high school in KS

vCash
    I would love for Vandy to have a 25 yard fg to win the game this weekend and they trout out the punter to take the kick..