Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wait..It Gets Better: Vandy Chick Gave A Halftime Speech

vCash
    Could that be categorized as womansplaining? I saw another story where she said she would like to stay on the team the rest of the season.

vCash
    I don't blame the girl at all.

She's done absolutely nothing wrong here & honestly has made a name for herself while showing some courage to even attempt a half time speech. I commend her.

My disgust & LOL is aimed at the Vandy football program for being in this situation. Just absolutely embarrassing
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I was fine with Vandy playing her, but a halftime speech is bit much by someone that's been on the team for 3 days.
    Yup. That's awful. And I also think it was somewhat awful for Vandy to use her to kickoff the second half, assuming she wasn't the best person available (which as it was an ingame decision, seems like there's a decent chance that's the case). I'm sure there are girls soccer players that would be pretty solid and accurate placekickers. But if she didn't have the best leg available, using her just to say they used her because they were a scared they wouldn't have an extra point or fieldgoal seems a little disrespectful. If she had been with the team the whole season, yea, get her a shot at something just like you sometimes do with walkons to reward their hard work. But she had been with the team three days. It wouldn't have been insulting for her to not get a play. Now the first women to play in a DI football game got to play as a gimmick, not because she was the best player available.

vCash
    I'm leaning toward the AD "suggesting" that Mason give her the opportunity.

vCash
    I don't blame the girl at all.

She's done absolutely nothing wrong here & honestly has made a name for herself while showing some courage to even attempt a half time speech. I commend her.

My disgust & LOL is aimed at the Vandy football program for being in this situation. Just absolutely embarrassing
    I really don't either. She is from a completely different culture than that locker room. First, women's sports in HS/college is constant Ra-Ra!! - full of cheers and pep. Annoyingly so. Second, she comes from a winning background and just won an SEC title (with 3 key saves as goalie) as a freshman less than a week ago. I'm sure the lack give a shit was shocking to her. Vandy should be embarrassed that their football culture is so bad it's being called out by the soccer players.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    2 bits, 4 bits, 6 bits A Dollar, All For Vandy stand up and .....*
    This made me laugh! Awesome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    That is very typical of a girl. Just go to a high school girls softball game. Non-stop, annoying cheering. If the coaches said that they'd been wanting to say that then they deserved to be fired. If I was a player who had been out their getting the hell knocked out of me it'd been hard to keep my mouth shut when she started running her yack.
    Yep, that's exactly what I was going to say, except it happens on girls' softball in college too. They're all the time jumping around and acting - like girls. I wonder if she'd have been making the same speech if she'd been leveled by a 300-pounder after that kick. Bottom line, in my opinion, girls should stick with girls teams, guys with guys. Either that or let men play on the womens soccer and softball team. And we don't want that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This made me laugh! Awesome!
    Most young'un's on ED have probably never heard this once arousing motivating cheer back in the day*

I just wished you would have kicked deep, receiver races forward and she makes the tackle!

vCash
    Most young'un's on ED have probably never heard this once arousing motivating cheer back in the day*

I just wished you would have kicked deep, receiver races forward and she makes the tackle!
    Aw yes the staple cheer of our pep rally's and Friday nights back in the day!

Now her making a tackle would've been something to see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Aw yes the staple cheer of our pep rally's and Friday nights back in the day!

Now her making a tackle would've been something to see.
    Do u think if that would have happened players or coaches would have slapped her butt, shoulder pads or just been fired up to win the game, LOL.

vCash
    Man, I went on a few dates with Courtney Cronin back in 2013 hah

vCash
    Player of the Week, too!!!

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    I'm leaning toward the AD "suggesting" that Mason give her the opportunity.
    Bingo

vCash
    And the media is eating it up...
    it’s embarrassing

vCash
    I was fine with Vandy playing her, but a halftime speech is bit much by someone that's been on the team for 3 days.
    Ha, Ha, Ha. No PR stunt here. Nothing to see, move along. Ha, Ha, Ha.

Glad some of yall are not running our football program.

vCash
    Do u think if that would have happened players or coaches would have slapped her butt, shoulder pads or just been fired up to win the game, LOL.
    Ah another point. So slapping on the but is just a guy thing in sports. So it they do it to her is that sexual harassment? Or are they not supposed to treat her like one of the guys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ah another point. So slapping on the but is just a guy thing in sports. So it they do it to her is that sexual harassment? Or are they not supposed to treat her like one of the guys?
    IFFY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Wow! It took balls to say all of that.
    Just shows how different men and women are. Women are more vocal expressive than men. Neither is wrong, just different. I coached my girls softball teams and they none stop cheering, yelling, all the time. Boys not near as much. Womansplaining to the mens team, great for lockerroom moral. Getting beat on field and then getting kicked between the legs at half by a girl. Yeah that will fire you up.

vCash
    Sooo I was right for calling it bullshit virtue signaling in my post. Ill ne waiting for the apologies from the douchebags thst said i was an asshole