Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
We're not about to have a roster that looks like we've had severe sanctions, we already do. It looks like we are going to be able to manage ok because we have some young players really stepping up and Arnett seems to be able to make an only slightly shitty tasting chicken salad sandwich out of chicken shit.

The other thing that makes this different than a roster resulting from sanctions is that it's generally hard to get recruits to come to schools under severe sanctions, so you don't just lose the scholarships, you get lower quality players with the scholarships you do have.
The fact that Arnett isn't up for every coordinator of the year award is astounding really. I mean I know our D has dropped off a bit the second half of the season, but I mean look at the secondary this guy has to put out there every week. Emerson is good and Forbes will be good, but Craft is a walk on, Guidry is...…..well Guidry doesn't need to be playing football at this level is probably the nicest way I can put it. Preston plays extremely hard and tackles very well, but he's playing out of position. He really only needs to be a situational SS. Add all that onto the fact that we have almost no d line and have been gutted at the Sam LB position for the last two weeks. It's amazing we don't give up 50 a ballgame. It really is.