Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vanderbilt fires Derrick Mason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It was a brain lapse. I meant Jeff.
    I know- Todd4State....Todd Monken....I get why that could happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Dressing the girl and letting her “kick” was one of the most ridiculous and over blown PR stunt in college football in a long time if not ever...
    I have to feel Coach Mason might have known this was his last game and said **** it ... and he may have even been pressured into it .. see The AD at Vandy..

And with the next hire there... I have said it before for another school.. Offer Rich Rod and see if he can bring Plumlee..
    possible the worse job in P5 to only Kansas..
    That may not be such a bad idea. Plumlee or Shrader

vCash
    I wouldn't mind if Bill Bedenbaugh was our coach. He would be a good choice for Vandy:

Salary: $750,000

For all the benefits and successes of the Air Raid, there are some knocks. Why can’t anyone pair it with a good defense? How do you maintain physicality on offense? Oklahoma has done a good job of answering those questions under Lincoln Riley. On defense, it’s Alex Grinch (see below). On physicality, it’s Bedenbaugh is the answer. Under Bedenbaugh the Sooners have been able to insert a power run game into the Oklahoma attack and they've been able to produce NFL offensive linemen at a striking rate. With offensive line coaches like Sam Pittman, Mario Cristobal and Ryan Silverfield landing head coaching gigs in recent years, the respect is growing for the guys that do this at the level of Bedenbaugh.

vCash
    It was a brain lapse. I meant Jeff.
    Monken ain?t leaving Army for Vandy..
    I don?t see a present HC is leaving for Vandy.. unless it?s just for the money..

vCash
    I don?t see a present HC is leaving for Vandy.. unless it?s just for the money..
    This. They're gonna have to get a coordinator or a d2 HC that's looking to make a move.

vCash
    Vandy tried the option in the past, it didn't work. They need to make a commitment to their facilities. And they need to find the right coach. James Franklin won there. They are in the weaker division. You can average 6 wins per year at Vandy. Great city to sell and great education to sell. Stanford is a good model for them. I guess that's why they hired Mason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Vandy tried the option in the past, it didn't work. They need to make a commitment to their facilities. And they need to find the right coach. James Franklin won there. They are in the weaker division. You can average 6 wins per year at Vandy. Great city to sell and great education to sell. Stanford is a good model for them. I guess that's why they hired Mason.
    How are teams defending the option successfully these days? I wonder bc as sec teams are having to play more DBs to defend the pass more, would this help or hurt a team going option?

vCash
    Nothing points to Vandy committing anything to football. If they didn’t when Franklin was there and he had back to back 9 win seasons will they ever?
    It’s a one year window job. The year you win 6 you better get the **** out if you have another offer somewhere or go into Mullen Mode and look everywhere for one..
    Mason had his window close after the 2018 season .

vCash
    Nothing points to Vandy committing anything to football. If they didn’t when Franklin was there and he had back to back 9 win seasons will they ever?
    It’s a one year window job. The year you win 6 you better get the **** out if you have another offer somewhere or go into Mullen Mode and look everywhere for one..
    Mason had his window close after the 2018 season .
    There are some that say this describes Mississippi State. I am not sure why the pundits think you can win in a Oxford but not in Starkville.

vCash
    Franklin may be available....

vCash
    You know what vandy really needs? The air raid! The fit is so good that we'll waive the buy out haha
    Lol. I'm with ya!!!

vCash
    You may be right but if Monken wants to come to the SEC Vandy is the only place I could see that would hire him.

Mike MacIntyre seems obvious since his Dad was a head coach there and he is the DC at Memphis. I would think he would take it if offered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You may be right but if Monken wants to come to the SEC Vandy is the only place I could see that would hire him.

Mike MacIntyre seems obvious since his Dad was a head coach there and he is the DC at Memphis. I would think he would take it if offered.
    Mullen to Vandy...😎

vCash
    Moorehead to Vandy***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    There are some that say this describes Mississippi State. I am not sure why the pundits think you can win in a Oxford but not in Starkville.
    Well that’s because OM PR still wants and tries to make everyone think its still the 1960s and I will give them credit that do a helluva job...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Mullen to Vandy...��
    It's going to be interesting to see who Stricklin hires when he goes to the NFL.

vCash
    JoMo to Vandy...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Vandy wouldnt hire Freeze

Vandy need to hire from the Paul Johnson coaching tree and run something nobody else does. They could attract smart kids that would play option football. They wont compete any other way and they arent going to win there anyway except for the random bowl appearance every 5-7 years. The South and Midwest is full of RB's and run-blocking linemen to help get some talent.
    This is probably the correct approach for Vanderbilt. Paul Johnson had a lot of success with option football, as does Air Force, Army. and Navy. It could very well be a success at Vanderbilt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    This is probably the correct approach for Vanderbilt. Paul Johnson had a lot of success with option football, as does Air Force, Army. and Navy. It could very well be a success at Vanderbilt.
    He would win there I think. Assuming he's not over the hill. Georgia Tech is similar to Vandy in some ways. But that's why I mentioned Monken. He's a younger version of Johnson and comes from his coaching tree. IMO Monken is a better coach but Johnson is very good too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Vandy fires a black HC that just made history by playing the first female in SEC/power 5??
    I think they fired a coach that was 0-8 and just got beat 41-0