Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vanderbilt fires Derrick Mason

vCash

Vanderbilt fires Derrick Mason

Per Brett McMurphy.

Now Bama can hire him as their DC next year when Golding is asked to move on at the end of the season.

vCash
    Vandy needs to go ahead and offer freeze first. Doubt he'd take it this early, but who knows. Vandy (OM's permanent opponent) getting freeze would be hilarious

vCash
    Vandy was smart after his desperate attempt yesterday
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Vandy needs to go ahead and offer freeze first. Doubt he'd take it this early, but who knows. Vandy (OM's permanent opponent) getting freeze would be hilarious
    I agree with you but no chance he would take that job. He's got either Auburn, Tennessee, Penn State, or Michigan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I agree with you but no chance he would take that job. He's got either Auburn, Tennessee, Penn State, or Michigan.
    You know what vandy really needs? The air raid! The fit is so good that we'll waive the buy out haha

vCash
    You know what vandy really needs? The air raid! The fit is so good that we'll waive the buy out haha
    Yep. And we will even throw in a former baseball coach for their AD position.

vCash
    "Historic" firing by Vandy. Clown show yesterday. The team quit.

vCash
    So who does vandy call? I liked Todd's suggestion of Todd monken for them. Would Chadwell have interest? Could they get my boy, Dave clawson? Do they recycle and go with Barry Odom?

vCash
    Vandy would never entertain Freeze, maybe after hell freeze over.

vCash
    They need to try and hire a notable recycled NFL name. Jeff Fisher. Bill O'Brien type.

If that doesn't work, I commit to the service academy approach. Triple option attack and go pay someone a bunch of money to run it.

Vandy will no longer compete in the SEC with a traditional offense because they will never get the talent. Best chance they've got is to have a system that they can perfect and recruit players to that system and out execute folks.

Very similar approach we are taking.

vCash
    Vandy wouldnt hire Freeze

Vandy need to hire from the Paul Johnson coaching tree and run something nobody else does. They could attract smart kids that would play option football. They wont compete any other way and they arent going to win there anyway except for the random bowl appearance every 5-7 years. The South and Midwest is full of RB's and run-blocking linemen to help get some talent.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Vandy fires a black HC that just made history by playing the first female in SEC/power 5??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    They need to try and hire a notable recycled NFL name. Jeff Fisher. Bill O'Brien type.

If that doesn't work, I commit to the service academy approach. Triple option attack and go pay someone a bunch of money to run it.

Vandy will no longer compete in the SEC with a traditional offense because they will never get the talent. Best chance they've got is to have a system that they can perfect and recruit players to that system and out execute folks.

Very similar approach we are taking.
    Their first call should be to who i would've called first here, Dave clawson. Clawson is winning right now in the acc version of vandy.

vCash
    So who does vandy call? I liked Todd's suggestion of Todd monken for them. Would Chadwell have interest? Could they get my boy, Dave clawson? Do they recycle and go with Barry Odom?
    I suggested his cousin Jeff Monken at Army. I think Clawson would be a fit there since he has had success at Wake Forest which is similar to Vandy.

Monken has applied for the last three open SEC jobs- MSU, Mizzou, and South Carolina. And he's from Georgia. So I'm pretty sure he wants to come to the SEC.

vCash
    Dang, I guess the stupid PR stunt he pulled yesterday couldnt even save his ass. #SoBold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Per Brett McMurphy.

Now Bama can hire him as their DC next year when Golding is asked to move on at the end of the season.
    Does Saban hire Muschamp as his DC again? Makes sense on paper as long as they didn't have a falling out that I am unaware of.

vCash
    Dressing the girl and letting her “kick” was one of the most ridiculous and over blown PR stunt in college football in a long time if not ever...
    I have to feel Coach Mason might have known this was his last game and said **** it ... and he may have even been pressured into it .. see The AD at Vandy..

And with the next hire there... I have said it before for another school.. Offer Rich Rod and see if he can bring Plumlee.. RR gets a 7 figure pay check and gives him a chance to resurrect his career win 6 games and get a another decent offer

Bandy possible the worse job in P5 to only Kansas.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 11-29-2020 at 03:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I suggested his cousin Jeff Monken at Army. I think Clawson would be a fit there since he has had success at Wake Forest which is similar to Vandy.

Monken has applied for the last three open SEC jobs- MSU, Mizzou, and South Carolina. And he's from Georgia. So I'm pretty sure he wants to come to the SEC.
    Clawson isn’t leaving WF for Vandy..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

It was a brain lapse. I meant Jeff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Claws of isn’t leaving WF for Vandy..
    I could understand why he wouldn't. It's a lateral move to a more difficult conference.