Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leach could increase our running plays by 10%...

vCash

Leach could increase our running plays by 10%...

and we would still lead the country in passing play percentage by 4%.

We have faced the same defense 7 weeks in a row. We are dead last in the country in rushing yards per game. Dead freaking last against a 3 man front.

Are there people on this board that don't think Leach needs to adjust his scheme? Just trying to find some common ground here.

vCash
    At Washington State in 2018 the Minshew year, they had 5 100+ yard running games.

I'm not exactly sure why we aren't running it more & maybe more importantly, why we aren't having more success running it, but I think running it more is the goal
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I think it's obvious to every state fan that we need to run the ball more. I just don't know if Leach will do it or not. I'm afraid that 3 years from now we'll be hiring another spread/run coach and we'll get to start all over again building what Mullen built. That's my fear.

vCash
    In 2018, Wazzou ran the ball 29% of the time while we currently run it 22% of the time.

Again, I'd have to think the 2018 Wazzou ratio is what we're shooting for, but I haven't a clue as to the variables that are currently preventing it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I think it's obvious to every state fan that we need to run the ball more. I just don't know if Leach will do it or not. I'm afraid that 3 years from now we'll be hiring another spread/run coach and we'll get to start all over again building what Mullen built. That's my fear.
    He's run the ball more in the past & he'll run it more here. I'm just not sure what variables are involved that are causing this.

vCash
    We avg 1.49 yds/carry. 1.49 haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We avg 1.49 yds/carry. 1.49 haha
    Yeah clearly our effectiveness in running the ball isn't good.

Hopefully that is something we figure out in the Spring

vCash
    We aren?t rushing because we?re stuffed nearly every run or gain a measly 2 or 3 yards.. it?s not enough to make teams adjust to us like everybody is thinking they will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He's run the ball more in the past & he'll run it more here. I'm just not sure what variables are involved that are causing this.
    He's never seen the 3-8 exclusively every single game like he is this year. And he hasn't countered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boot View Post
    We aren?t rushing because we?re stuffed nearly every run or gain a measly 2 or 3 yards.. it?s not enough to make teams adjust to us like everybody is thinking they will.
    Well we need to figure out how bc the defense is giving us the run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yeah clearly our effectiveness in running the ball isn't good.

Hopefully that is something we figure out in the Spring
    Art Briles and Lincoln Riley have given Leach the formula. He just refuses to use it.

vCash
    Except it's hard to run block when your splits are 5 yards and the run route takes you right by the DT not inside.

vCash
    Our line doesn?t get downfield when we run so there?s usually 3 or 4 LBs crashing down on our RB or their 3 man front blows up our line for a loss or no gain.

Hopefully this can be fixed in the spring.

vCash
    It's probably why I'm more pissed at Leach than I ever was with Moorhead. Moorehead should have never been hired to run an SEC program. There was nothing Moorhead could do.

Leach could be great, but for some reason, he won't adapt. Great coaches adapt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Except it's hard to run block when your splits are 5 yards and the run route takes you right by the DT not inside.
    It's been said traditional splits have not hurt the air raid passing game while helping the run game. So why won't Leach adjust? Hubris, stubbornness, i would like to know. I wish one of our beat reporters was skilled enough to get an answer.

vCash
    This is my biggest concern with Leach.

The pass/run ratio needs a small adjustment imo.

vCash
    We'll see what Leach does going forward. It cannot be overstated how bad our O-Line sucked this year - pass blocking and run blocking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    He's never seen the 3-8 exclusively every single game like he is this year. And he hasn't countered.
    Are you sure about that?

vCash
    That's all he is every going to see for the most part in this conference. You dont change what works.

And I hear people saying it's going to be better next year and all that. The windows to throw are going to be just as small next year as they were this year. DC's get the offseason to study ways of making the 3-8 even tougher. We had 479 yards yesterday of offense. That helped the OM D bring DOWN their average per game to 528.5 yards given up. We got 50 less yards than their average per game against a prevent D
    Last edited by Coach34; 11-29-2020 at 02:30 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    You do realize a 3-8 doesn't mean that the defense flies out into the secondary at the snap of the ball right.