Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oh How ED has changed......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Year one of a total rebuild nobody asked for. You take the positives you can find. Once Leach gets his guys here, then we'll see.

vCash
    What I saw was freshmen everywhere... 2nd and 3rd deep . What I saw was improvement... What I saw was young guys playing their hearts out ... even though we got burned deep or a receiver lost the ball at the goal line I still saw a team that didn't quit . After the way this season started and the way it's progressing now then yeah - I'll stick my chest out and and accept what we have and not really give a damn what someone else thinks ... it took mos of the season but at least I'm feeling more encouraged than I have in a couple of years
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    What I saw was freshmen everywhere... 2nd and 3rd deep . What I saw was improvement... What I saw was young guys playing their hearts out ... even though we got burned deep or a receiver lost the ball at the goal line I still saw a team that didn't quit . After the way this season started and the way it's progressing now then yeah - I'll stick my chest out and and accept what we have and not really give a damn what someone else thinks ... it took mos of the season but at least I'm feeling more encouraged than I have in a couple of years
    Our offense ain’t great yet but it’s already light years better than what we had with Joe
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    We had a roster allergic to the forward pass. This was always a complete rebuild. No one wanted to look as bad as we did for 5 weeks but improvement with freshmen is encouraging. No one should have been shocked with 2-6 in the league. No cupcakes to practice on this year. And I hate to break it to y'all, but ole miss has had a chance to win every game this year except v Florida. As bad as their D is, they are top half of the league this year. Will Leach work here? It's way too early to make that call.

vCash
    "Will Leach work here? It's way too early to make that call"

Yes to this But he needs to find a running game. I will say I was surprised the game was close, still only 24 points against maybe the worse defense in the Sec.

Btw, why did we change punters?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    "Will Leach work here? It's way too early to make that call"

Yes to this But he needs to find a running game. I will say I was surprised the game was close, still only 24 points against maybe the worse defense in the Sec.

Btw, why did we change punters?
    We could?ve easily had 40 points yesterday.

Tucker Day is hurt I believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We could?ve easily had 40 points yesterday.

Tucker Day is hurt I believe
    Not sure about 40 points but if so OM could have had more than 40, Kiffin's gambles could have cost him the game. Second guessing is fun thou. Imagine IF we had OM running game or IF OM had our defense?

vCash
    Not sure about 40 points but if so OM could have had more than 40, Kiffin's gambles could have cost him the game. Second guessing is fun thou. Imagine IF we had OM running game or IF OM had our defense?
    Williams fumble would've been 28 points, a FG on the final drive would've been 31, Leach going for a TD instead of FG on 2nd to final drive would've been 38, & then a FG on either of Cole Smith's bad snap drives in which we were driving.

True Ole Miss could've had 40, but our defense is short handed right now that I don't really care about that

vCash
    Not true. I called for Joe's firing after signing day 2019

The title was "JoMo has to go"
    Wasnt this when you were starting 75 threads a day? One of your threads was "Joe can fix this" too

I hate losing to Mississippi and still pissed. I think why some fans find it a little bit more tolerable is because it's not the last game of the season and there is still more MSU football if this was the last game with the same record there would be 15 threads calling for Leach's firing.
    Last edited by Fader21; 11-29-2020 at 10:40 AM.

vCash
    Our offense ain’t great yet but it’s already light years better than what we had with Joe
    Using conference games only comparing last year and this year, we're down in total off, scoring off, and yds/play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Using conference games only comparing last year and this year, we're down in total off, scoring off, and yds/play
    Well the reply to that is going to be “we are playing freshmen”

vCash
    Y'all bicker more than me and my ex wife. Point is..... We got better since getting embarrassed vs Kentucky. Our freshmen have grown up. And the team isn't playing like a bunch of individuals. We all predicted 4 wins..... Well..... We were 2 off. This team is gonna get better.

Moral victory though? No..... They played hard and kept it closer than I expected but a loss is a loss. But some of you want to kick Leach off faster than he got here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Y'all bicker more than me and my ex wife. Point is..... We got better since getting embarrassed vs Kentucky. Our freshmen have grown up. And the team isn't playing like a bunch of individuals. We all predicted 4 wins..... Well..... We were 2 off. This team is gonna get better.

Moral victory though? No..... They played hard and kept it closer than I expected but a loss is a loss. But some of you want to kick Leach off faster than he got here.
    Defient, we have a very vocal, small minority that is negative right now.

The overwhelming majority of the fan base sees the progress.

We're better right now on offense than we have been 2017 & basically doing it with freshmen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Year one of a total rebuild nobody asked for. You take the positives you can find. Once Leach gets his guys here, then we'll see.
    I'm sick of hearing his guys... Did Mullen have "his guys" in 09? What about in 10? Does Lane or Pittman have his guys?
    What about Drink at Mizz?? Leach getting 5MM a year to win games. Good coaches take what they have and try and win. Leach would rather be in Key West

vCash
    Defient, we have a very vocal, small minority that is negative right now.

The overwhelming majority of the fan base sees the progress.

We're better right now on offense than we have been 2017 & basically doing it with freshmen
    No we are not. Not today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    No we are not. Not today
    Yes we are. We're a clearly better on offense currently, scheme and execution wise, than we have been since 2017. Our players aren't quite as mature yet as those guys, but the execution, passing game, & scheme are all light years better.

vCash
    Yes we are. We're a clearly better on offense currently, scheme and execution wise, than we have been since 2017. Our players aren't quite as mature yet as those guys, but the execution, passing game, & scheme are all light years better.
    Based on what

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Based on what
    my eyes

The main production in our offense isn't the QB scrambling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The longer time passes from last night, the more the shine of "great effort" wears off. The fact is, we blew the game against an inferior team. They had a historically bad defense, and we could only muster 24 points against it. Everyone is pumped about Rogers throwing for 440 yards. Yeah, that's great, but when that's your ONLY source of yards, it really doesn't matter. I still hate this offense. Everything has to go perfectly for it to be successful. If you have one negative play, the drive is pretty much over. If you have to get a quick score, you can't, because even though it's a passing offense, there are no explosive, big chunk plays to be had unless the defense goes to man, and why would they do that?

We've had two straight weeks of improvement, but even with the improvement, I don't think the offense is going to win against equal or better competition. You pretty much have to throw for 550 yards because we're not going to get any yards on the ground.
    I don't know where you get that "inferior team" stuff. If you have been paying attention they have not been inferior to us, not even close. It took Vandy having five turnovers for us to beat them. Once people figured out the proper defense for us we have been really bad on offense. The last two games finally showed some signs of life. That with 49 and 43 scholarship players available. I don't like the air raid either. I thought we made absolutely the wrong hire for us and said so at the time. The fact is that we are stuck with him for at least two, probably three, more years. Since that is the case I want it to work. The last two games it has looked better. If you are expecting Leach to have a running game in order for you to be happy, you aren't going to be happy. This is what he does and he isn't going to change.

vCash
    I laugh at this shit. They could've scored 40 if he hadn't tried to score??? He was literally trying to score 40 and couldnt. Shit people.