Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Oh How ED has changed......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Let's not act like Dan didn't have any "moral victories" in year one. LSU and Florida come to mind. And Florida was only close because Banks returned two pick sixes. We averaged 22 PPG that year and then 18 over the next two years. Right now we're at 18 for context. And Dan's "offense" was aided statistically by at least three pick sixes that year stat wise whereas we've only had one this year.
    Moral victory then vs now...

2009 LSU and 2020 Georgia are pretty even. The difference being we were like a yard from actually beating 2009 lsu.

2009 Florida and 2020 OM are not even. Florida was the defending champ, and brought the most popular CFB in the country to our house.

vCash
    Moral Victory?

We score 24 points- which has allowed OM to lower their per game average to under 40 PPG now at 38.8- which has allowed them to move up several spots to 117th in the country. Seeing you guys use the young excuse for us when their D is almost completely devoid of talent is head scratching.

We had 479 yards which was about 60 fewer than they were averaging giving up. That was lowered to 528.5- 125th in the country out of 127

We didnt even get close to meeting their per game averages-nothing moral victory about it. We didnt exceed anything
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Moral victory then vs now...

2009 LSU and 2020 Georgia are pretty even. The difference being we were like a yard from actually beating 2009 lsu.

2009 Florida and 2020 OM are not even. Florida was the defending champ, and brought the most popular CFB in the country to our house.
    I would say our win over LSU is about the same as Dan beating Ole Miss in 2009. Both LSU and Ole Miss were reading their press clippings from last year and we just beat both of them up.

Honestly, this year to me compares historically more to Emory Bellard's 1979 season. He beat Tennessee and Florida and then flamed out. Offense struggled all year. Had a team coming off of probation so it wasn't a great situation either. Bellard is known for the wishbone much like Leach is known for the Air Raid. Once Bellard got John Bond the next year his offense began to click.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Moral Victory?

We score 24 points- which has allowed OM to lower their per game average to under 40 PPG now at 38.8- which has allowed them to move up several spots to 117th in the country. Seeing you guys use the young excuse for us when their D is almost completely devoid of talent is head scratching.

We had 479 yards which was about 60 fewer than they were averaging giving up. That was lowered to 528.5- 125th in the country out of 127

We didnt even get close to meeting their per game averages-nothing moral victory about it. We didnt exceed anything
    We also held their offense to 9 points less than their average too. With a walk-on filled secondary and freshmen against a team with a strong passing game on the road.

It's not like they stopped us. We had two bad snaps and a chop block that killed drives and a fumble in the end zone. The guy that they beat the most in our secondary was a guy that has barely played and has a bad knee.

Most of the time freshmen get better as their career goes on. Those bad snaps will get cleaned up and our guys will only get better going forward unless we have another worldwide pandemic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Agreed. So far leach is no better than Moorhead in my opinion. With only looking at what we have seen while they have been here. I do believe we play harder though, no doubt.
    You just said you believe we play harder. Does that not make him better, in that he can get them to play harder?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I would say our win over LSU is about the same as Dan beating Ole Miss in 2009. Both LSU and Ole Miss were reading their press clippings from last year and we just beat both of them up.

Honestly, this year to me compares historically more to Emory Bellard's 1979 season. He beat Tennessee and Florida and then flamed out. Offense struggled all year. Had a team coming off of probation so it wasn't a great situation either. Bellard is known for the wishbone much like Leach is known for the Air Raid. Once Bellard got John Bond the next year his offense began to click.
    Sure hope Leach recruits better than Bellard. Lack of good recruiting was Bellard's downfall. Bellard had a good recruiting year his first year, when he got Bond and a bunch of other good recruits, then he had terrible years after that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    I'm sick of hearing his guys... Did Mullen have "his guys" in 09? What about in 10? Does Lane or Pittman have his guys?
    What about Drink at Mizz?? Leach getting 5MM a year to win games. Good coaches take what they have and try and win. Leach would rather be in Key West
    I would rather be in a key West too.

Mullen did not have his QB, but he went ahead and signed Russell because he was essentially the bell coach of the recruiting class. Ole Miss had committed to the running QB, the home state product, then Lane comes in and makes the other QB the center of his offense.
    Pittman got a very good(not great but good) QB transfer and it made his offense much better with this 2 running backs.
    Drink with got a surprise with his Freshman QB.

Leach flipped a 60% run team to a 90% pass team.

You have to see the issues that could cause.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Sure hope Leach recruits better than Bellard. Lack of good recruiting was Bellard's downfall. Bellard had a good recruiting year his first year, when he got Bond and a bunch of other good recruits, then he had terrible years after that.
    You're correct and had he recruited better he would have continued to have success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Seems ED is happy about losing
    Not happy BUT do recognize improvement!

There IS a big difference!

vCash
    A) Every time we lost to OM with Mullen we were THE much better team and he was shopping himself. Those cost us really exceptional seasons a couple of times. We went into those games as either favorite or, in 2014, huge favorite.
    B) Moorhead had much more experienced and talented teams than OM both years. Last year OM was playing true FR everywhere and we weren't.

I'm not happy about the loss last night and thought we should've won. I do think we are getting closer to being on right track tho. Still not happy with loss but not hollering for Leach's head over it.

ETA: And every time we were blasting Mullen for blowing an exceptional season against OM, State7 was on here defending him like a mo'fo.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 11-29-2020 at 06:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Walley and Heath saved Rogers last night. Most of his passes to Heath were 4 yards over his head. Now that could've been designed that way due to Maliks height but it got him hurt at the end of the game. Walley is just a stud. He has been that way since 10th grade. A good thing about Rogers that no one has mentioned is his escapability. He started having success when he rolled out. This brought the Lbs up and provided time for the receivers to get open. Big difference from Costello. But in the future if Leach doesn't incorporate a strong running attack this offense will not work. Everyone talks about how great it was back in the 90's well I don't remember Kentucky having many wining seasons then. And for everyone saying Mullen didn't leave any Recruits well he left us stocked, but it was for his type of offense. Moorhead was just a very bad head coach.
    Sorry but Mullen left it stocked to win for one year. But his last few classes left holes in certain position groups we are still recovering from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    You just said you believe we play harder. Does that not make him better, in that he can get them to play harder?
    Well so far that has been balanced out by an offense that is even worse to this point. I was just pointing out where leach had been better this far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    my eyes

The main production in our offense isn't the QB scrambling
    Well maybe you should question your eyes. Because the facts say differently.
    You said Lightyears ahead of our 2018 offense - we beat Auburn, A&M, Ole miss, and destroyed Arkansas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Leach appears to have addressed the culture issue. I think most are talking about the on the field coaching piece. I agree, I don't see any improvement there. So maybe things are better, IDK. It sure doesn't feel like it though. His attitude bothers me, telling fanbase to find another team. Is he a lazy recruiter? IDK, guess we'll see.

vCash
    You said Lightyears ahead of our 2018 offense - we beat Auburn, A&M, Ole miss, and destroyed Arkansas.
    Some people see what they wanna see. I prefer to stick with the facts and reality. We all got opinions about what we think the future looks like even though no one knows for sure.

vCash
    We had one of the best defenses in modern CFB history. Ole miss and Arkansas were not nearly as good as they are this year and I wouldn't advise anyone to watch our Auburn and A&M tape for any clinic on offensive football. But you're right, it's not light years better this year. They are/were both really bad offenses but also entirely different systems so hard to compare. At least the last two weeks we are seeing improvement (with true freshman at that) which I'd say we never really saw over 2 years with Joe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    A) Every time we lost to OM with Mullen we were THE much better team and he was shopping himself. Those cost us really exceptional seasons a couple of times. We went into those games as either favorite or, in 2014, huge favorite.
    B) Moorhead had much more experienced and talented teams than OM both years. Last year OM was playing true FR everywhere and we weren't.

I'm not happy about the loss last night and thought we should've won. I do think we are getting closer to being on right track tho. Still not happy with loss but not hollering for Leach's head over it.

ETA: And every time we were blasting Mullen for blowing an exceptional season against OM, State7 was on here defending him like a mo'fo.
    I will never ever understand why MSU just didn't tell Mullen to go take the Maryland job if he was going to keep shopping himself around.

MSU was incredibly generous to him- I can't think of any other SEC school that would let a coach openly shop himself around like that while neglecting their rivalry game. And the sad thing is I'm 99% sure he doesn't give a shit about us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Very little of this is accurate.

In 2012, OM was favored.

In 2014, we were only a 2 point favorite. But I do agree that we should have won that game.

In 2015, they were favored and just flat out better than us....granted, they shouldn't have beaten us as bad as they did, but they they were the better team.

2017 is the only year that we had the much better team......but it's hard for me to hold that one against him, because if Fitz doesn't get injured we would've cruised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Now this is good points! Rogers was good but we have not many big plays although Heath and especially Walley have potential. But prevent defenses will keep the big play in check most of the time.
    Gotta find a running game to make the defense adjust in the Sec. OM defense played well against us, now that is sad! Imagine if Kiffin would have kicked FG's instead of gambling to our strength on 4th downs, defense.
    My dad and father in law are huge black bear fans. They watched the game with me and said while Kiffen does love analytics and going for it, they think a lot of the time it's because no one has faith in the kicker (same one that missed last year's PAT.) They said unless he's on the 10 or closer he's not going to make it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Same folks finding good news on this board are the same people who wanted to give SloMo and Croom more time. Loser mentality creates losers
    That's a drastic over generalization. I haven't been posting very long, but I was in school for the Croom years. You could tell with Croom and MoVester that the program was falling apart. Leach is transitioning us to a completely new offence with about half of the max scholarship players in a year where he basically had no offseason. I'm 100% on board with Leach at least until the '22 season is over. I was ready for JoMo's head after he let Josh Allen wreck our whole offence against KY his first year and refused to help whichever OT was going against him. He proved right then that he either didn't know what he was doing or was in over his head. I also thought 1 year of Croom was more than enough to see he didn't fit. There was never a light at the end of the tunnel like this team has shown the past 2 weeks. I'm also willing to give Leach more slack considering he's done this at 2 different schools and both were awful during his 1st 2 transition years (with a complete offseason).