Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh How ED has changed......

vCash

Oh How ED has changed......

Seems ED is happy about losing now days, I remember how winning a close game against say a lesser opponent and some of you same posters would criticize the "Coach". Now all of a sudden Leach is a COY candidate for some of you guys. I'm pulling for Msu and Leach, always have but I don't like losing and I have seen way more losing season than winning over my years.
    Way too much phrase for playing hard while still losing. Aren't you suppose to play hard regardless? This is nothing new, I heard this back in the "old" days, you know like "can't wait till next year or we are Msu". LOL oh how ED has changed to a wanna be Genespage****

Hailstate

vCash
    Could you imagine if someone here tried to sell a moral victory losing to OM when Mullen or Moorhead were the coach? That poster would be torn apart. Now we have posters that will be walking into the office with their chest poked out, "you guys see us only lose by 7 to ole miss? We some BAs"

vCash
    Good post and good point.

I believe perspective and an understanding of the reality of our current situation is important when attempting to form a thoughtful opinion.

To each their own though. I certainly hate losing.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Could you imagine if someone here tried to sell a moral victory losing to OM when Mullen or Moorhead were the coach? That poster would be torn apart. Now we have posters that will be walking into the office with their chest poked out, "you guys see us only lose by 7 to ole miss? We some BAs"
    Big +1

It amazes me the blame Mullen is still getting for his so called "recruiting bad guys" I don't recall Mullen having so many issues with players in the locker room. Now Morehead was just over his head as a HC.

On the positive Will Rogers didn't play like a Freshman, if he had a running attack he would be much better. Btw I think it's Gun who questions his arm strength, it's not that bad, his accuracy is good, I watch him in HS and saw this. He has good touch and he will get better. Not sure arm strength is all that important in Leach's short game passing, it's more about pin point passing.

vCash
    The longer time passes from last night, the more the shine of "great effort" wears off. The fact is, we blew the game against an inferior team. They had a historically bad defense, and we could only muster 24 points against it. Everyone is pumped about Rogers throwing for 440 yards. Yeah, that's great, but when that's your ONLY source of yards, it really doesn't matter. I still hate this offense. Everything has to go perfectly for it to be successful. If you have one negative play, the drive is pretty much over. If you have to get a quick score, you can't, because even though it's a passing offense, there are no explosive, big chunk plays to be had unless the defense goes to man, and why would they do that?

We've had two straight weeks of improvement, but even with the improvement, I don't think the offense is going to win against equal or better competition. You pretty much have to throw for 550 yards because we're not going to get any yards on the ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I believe perspective and an understanding of the reality of our current situation is important when attempting to form a thoughtful opinion.

Thanks Gun, not sure if it's a good post cause I hate losing regardless. Seen way to much and many young folks blame us old timers which is retarded. This team on passing and Will Rogers kinda reminds me of Dave Marler passing except he threw the ball more down the field but we still lost a lot. Same with Tony Shell.

I really like our DC, dude mixes it up with his personnel and isn't set with a certain so called style. He is young and to me his future is bright, we will be lucky to keep him over the long haul unless he loves Leach and StarkVegas.

vCash

Exactly. Never want to lose the Egg. But the one's(including me) putting a positive on the loss is looking at this long term. Two weeks in a row that the offense has shown a pulse. I know....one was against a shitty OM defense. But don't forget how we looked against a shitty Vandy defense. What was it....something like 205 total yards?

Crappy season no doubt. But with all the players we have lost and the failure at qb with KJ, I'm happy to see some improvements now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Big +1

It amazes me the blame Mullen is still getting for his so called "recruiting bad guys" I don't recall Mullen having so many issues with players in the locker room. Now Morehead was just over his head as a HC.

On the positive Will Rogers didn't play like a Freshman, if he had a running attack he would be much better. Btw I think it's Gun who questions his arm strength, it's not that bad, his accuracy is good, I watch him in HS and saw this. He has good touch and he will get better. Not sure arm strength is all that important in Leach's short game passing, it's more about pin point passing.
    Rogers arm strength isn't bad. It's just one area that, if improved, could really benefit our vertical passing game. It's fair to average for the SEC
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-29-2020 at 08:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The longer time passes from last night, the more the shine of "great effort" wears off. The fact is, we blew the game against an inferior team. They had a historically bad defense, and we could only muster 24 points against it. Everyone is pumped about Rogers throwing for 440 yards. Yeah, that's great, but when that's your ONLY source of yards, it really doesn't matter. I still hate this offense. Everything has to go perfectly for it to be successful. If you have one negative play, the drive is pretty much over. If you have to get a quick score, you can't, because even though it's a passing offense, there are no explosive, big chunk plays to be had unless the defense goes to man, and why would they do that?

We've had two straight weeks of improvement, but even with the improvement, I don't think the offense is going to win against equal or better competition. You pretty much have to throw for 550 yards because we're not going to get any yards on the ground.
    Now this is good points! Rogers was good but we have not many big plays although Heath and especially Walley have potential. But prevent defenses will keep the big play in check most of the time.
    Gotta find a running game to make the defense adjust in the Sec. OM defense played well against us, now that is sad! Imagine if Kiffin would have kicked FG's instead of gambling to our strength on 4th downs, defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

Fair points.

If you look at Leach's time at Wazzou, they ran better than the way we're currently running it. I don't think we've got the run blocking portion of this offense down yet.

vCash
    Rogers arm strength isn't bad. It's just one are that, if improved, could really benefit our vertical passing game. It's fair to average for the SEC
    Hard to throw downfield when defenses are in a tight 3-8. Rogers will get stronger, he has a young lean body, he is smart and accurate and looks to the part as a good QB.

vCash
    Same folks finding good news on this board are the same people who wanted to give SloMo and Croom more time. Loser mentality creates losers

vCash
    Yes, we lost and it sucked.

HOWEVER, what do you think the outcome would have been if you took 35 scholarship players away from Ole Miss last night? Included are these players Corral (Costello) Ealy (Hill) three of their starting 4 corners, one of their Olinemen two of their starting linebackers, oh and for good measure they had to play two or three walk on?

No, moral victories may not make a lot of you happy, but at least we played.

Florida State said F it and they had MORE PLAYERS than we did!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Yes, we lost and it sucked.

HOWEVER, what do you think the outcome would have been if you took 35 scholarship players away from Ole Miss last night? Included are these players Corral (Costello) Ealy (Hill) three of their starting 4 corners, one of their Olinemen two of their starting linebackers, oh and for good measure they had to play two or three walk on?

No, moral victories may not make a lot of you happy, but at least we played.

Florida State said F it and they had MORE PLAYERS than we did!
    Offense was pretty much full strength.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Same folks finding good news on this board are the same people who wanted to give SloMo and Croom more time. Loser mentality creates losers
    Wrong on both.

vCash
    Except minus the original starting QB, all-sec RB and a couple of our wideouts. I'm not sure what y'all are expecting from a bunch of true freshman in a new system. Progress is all you can ask for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Wrong on both.
    Enjoy your moral victories

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Not true. I called for Joe's firing after signing day 2019

The title was "JoMo has to go"

vCash
    Unfair post. Offense lacks a good many weapons it started the year with.

We aren't where Leach had the offense at Wazzou but I'm more convinced now than ever than ever that he'll get there here and surpass it due to our recruiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Except minus the original starting QB, all-sec RB and a couple of our wideouts. I'm not sure what y'all are expecting from a bunch of true freshman in a new system. Progress is all you can ask for.
    True