Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
The longer time passes from last night, the more the shine of "great effort" wears off. The fact is, we blew the game against an inferior team. They had a historically bad defense, and we could only muster 24 points against it. Everyone is pumped about Rogers throwing for 440 yards. Yeah, that's great, but when that's your ONLY source of yards, it really doesn't matter. I still hate this offense. Everything has to go perfectly for it to be successful. If you have one negative play, the drive is pretty much over. If you have to get a quick score, you can't, because even though it's a passing offense, there are no explosive, big chunk plays to be had unless the defense goes to man, and why would they do that?

We've had two straight weeks of improvement, but even with the improvement, I don't think the offense is going to win against equal or better competition. You pretty much have to throw for 550 yards because we're not going to get any yards on the ground.
Fair points.

If you look at Leach's time at Wazzou, they ran better than the way we're currently running it. I don't think we've got the run blocking portion of this offense down yet.