Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oh How ED has changed......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Y'all bicker more than me and my ex wife. Point is..... We got better since getting embarrassed vs Kentucky. Our freshmen have grown up. And the team isn't playing like a bunch of individuals. We all predicted 4 wins..... Well..... We were 2 off. This team is gonna get better.

Moral victory though? No..... They played hard and kept it closer than I expected but a loss is a loss. But some of you want to kick Leach off faster than he got here.
    Defient, we have a very vocal, small minority that is negative right now.

The overwhelming majority of the fan base sees the progress.

We're better right now on offense than we have been 2017 & basically doing it with freshmen
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Defient, we have a very vocal, small minority that is negative right now.

The overwhelming majority of the fan base sees the progress.

We're better right now on offense than we have been 2017 & basically doing it with freshmen
    No we are not. Not today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The longer time passes from last night, the more the shine of "great effort" wears off. The fact is, we blew the game against an inferior team. They had a historically bad defense, and we could only muster 24 points against it. Everyone is pumped about Rogers throwing for 440 yards. Yeah, that's great, but when that's your ONLY source of yards, it really doesn't matter. I still hate this offense. Everything has to go perfectly for it to be successful. If you have one negative play, the drive is pretty much over. If you have to get a quick score, you can't, because even though it's a passing offense, there are no explosive, big chunk plays to be had unless the defense goes to man, and why would they do that?

We've had two straight weeks of improvement, but even with the improvement, I don't think the offense is going to win against equal or better competition. You pretty much have to throw for 550 yards because we're not going to get any yards on the ground.
    I don't know where you get that "inferior team" stuff. If you have been paying attention they have not been inferior to us, not even close. It took Vandy having five turnovers for us to beat them. Once people figured out the proper defense for us we have been really bad on offense. The last two games finally showed some signs of life. That with 49 and 43 scholarship players available. I don't like the air raid either. I thought we made absolutely the wrong hire for us and said so at the time. The fact is that we are stuck with him for at least two, probably three, more years. Since that is the case I want it to work. The last two games it has looked better. If you are expecting Leach to have a running game in order for you to be happy, you aren't going to be happy. This is what he does and he isn't going to change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Not sure about 40 points but if so OM could have had more than 40, Kiffin's gambles could have cost him the game. Second guessing is fun thou. Imagine IF we had OM running game or IF OM had our defense?
    I laugh at this shit. They could've scored 40 if he hadn't tried to score??? He was literally trying to score 40 and couldnt. Shit people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    No we are not. Not today
    Yes we are. We're a clearly better on offense currently, scheme and execution wise, than we have been since 2017. Our players aren't quite as mature yet as those guys, but the execution, passing game, & scheme are all light years better.

vCash
    Many feel better because we now have an offensive pulse. An offense with no pulse is what lowered the bar. This year - that's not on Moorhead or Mullen. The young players have gotten better for sure and that is the difference. But will they get enough better to make this offense electric? I think if you really understand this game, you have to realize that this off-season is Leachs most important offseason in his coaching history. Without changes to the way we attack defenses, this offense will always limit our players ability to win. The ship will sail as the pirate directs it. If you do not agree with this, don't bother arguing with me. Go back and really study our offense. Watch opposing teams linebackers and what they do each play....
    I agree about this offseason being one of Leach's biggest ever.
    I believe that Leach is extremely intelligent.
    Now, here's the kicker. Will he apply that intelligence into incorporating a run game with his scheme??

Ohhhh how I hope he does. IMO if Leach would truly work hard at coming up with an AIR-RUN RAID, he could create something special.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I laugh at this shit. They could've scored 40 if he hadn't tried to score??? He was literally trying to score 40 and couldnt. Shit people.
    Kicking a couple of field goals change the game Cooter. Coming away from no points is a "downer" especially in a tight game. So laugh all you want cause Msu has a hard time scoring if you are paying close attention. Just saying and really not trying to bash you or others. I think Gun made the comment about Msu scoring 40.

My point was a knock at Kiffin for being a dumb ass and O was glad he played into our strength, defense.

vCash
    Bottom line, we need better offensive linemen to enhance our running game and we definitely need better DB's. I knew when I saw Corral launch those long passes that they were going to be TD's. We also need to get stronger. Looked to me like Ealy carried our whole defense into the end zone.

vCash
    ED is mostly shotgun posting the talking points that he is fed from someone or what he is parroting from the Out of Bounds show. If someone post an alternate opinion, he is quick to chime in with the excuse du-jour. Then the thread evolves into arguments over the validity of the excuses.

It's obvious though that the MSU AD wants to get the message out of.... "patience." "Work In progress". Bo Bounds has said it for weeks now on every show in some form or fashion.

We seem to be in phase 2 of keep the fans on the bandwagon.

"Oh look at that, we almost won. Getting better."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yes we are. We're a clearly better on offense currently, scheme and execution wise, than we have been since 2017. Our players aren't quite as mature yet as those guys, but the execution, passing game, & scheme are all light years better.
    Based on what

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DLGDawg View Post
    I agree about this offseason being one of Leach's biggest ever.
    I believe that Leach is extremely intelligent.
    Now, here's the kicker. Will he apply that intelligence into incorporating a run game with his scheme??

Ohhhh how I hope he does. IMO if Leach would truly work hard at coming up with an AIR-RUN RAID, he could create something special.
    This is what I believe. But I have my doubts he will

vCash
    Based on what
    my eyes

The main production in our offense isn't the QB scrambling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The longer time passes from last night, the more the shine of "great effort" wears off. The fact is, we blew the game against an inferior team. They had a historically bad defense, and we could only muster 24 points against it. Everyone is pumped about Rogers throwing for 440 yards. Yeah, that's great, but when that's your ONLY source of yards, it really doesn't matter. I still hate this offense. Everything has to go perfectly for it to be successful. If you have one negative play, the drive is pretty much over. If you have to get a quick score, you can't, because even though it's a passing offense, there are no explosive, big chunk plays to be had unless the defense goes to man, and why would they do that?

We've had two straight weeks of improvement, but even with the improvement, I don't think the offense is going to win against equal or better competition. You pretty much have to throw for 550 yards because we're not going to get any yards on the ground.
    Let?s look at why we didn?t score more.. 1st thing the fumble at the goal line. That?s 7 more points. In the 2nd half. We had 2 drives stopped on third down - not by the Rebs but our Center-two drives, that was a killer. Then on another drive we had the 15 yard chop block penalty. Then when we really needed Heath to make a play ?Will hits him in both hands and he fails to make the crucial catch. That was huge, I instead of the Hail Mary we would have tried a FG to tie. Ole Miss really didn?t stop Us we stopped Us.

vCash
    Now this is good points! Rogers was good but we have not many big plays although Heath and especially Walley have potential. But prevent defenses will keep the big play in check most of the time.
    Gotta find a running game to make the defense adjust in the Sec. OM defense played well against us, now that is sad! Imagine if Kiffin would have kicked FG's instead of gambling to our strength on 4th downs, defense.
    Walley and Heath saved Rogers last night. Most of his passes to Heath were 4 yards over his head. Now that could've been designed that way due to Maliks height but it got him hurt at the end of the game. Walley is just a stud. He has been that way since 10th grade. A good thing about Rogers that no one has mentioned is his escapability. He started having success when he rolled out. This brought the Lbs up and provided time for the receivers to get open. Big difference from Costello. But in the future if Leach doesn't incorporate a strong running attack this offense will not work. Everyone talks about how great it was back in the 90's well I don't remember Kentucky having many wining seasons then. And for everyone saying Mullen didn't leave any Recruits well he left us stocked, but it was for his type of offense. Moorhead was just a very bad head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    ED is mostly shotgun posting the talking points that he is fed from someone or what he is parroting from the Out of Bounds show. If someone post an alternate opinion, he is quick to chime in with the excuse du-jour. Then the thread evolves into arguments over the validity of the excuses.

It's obvious though that the MSU AD wants to get the message out of.... "patience." "Work In progress". Bo Bounds has said it for weeks now on every show in some form or fashion.

We seem to be in phase 2 of keep the fans on the bandwagon.

"Oh look at that, we almost won. Getting better."
    I think you have solved it. Shotgun is a bot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Let?s look at why we didn?t score more.. 1st thing the fumble at the goal line. That?s 7 more points. In the 2nd half. We had 2 drives stopped on third down - not by the Rebs but our Center-two drives, that was a killer. Then on another drive we had the 15 yard chop block penalty. Then when we really needed Heath to make a play ?Will hits him in both hands and he fails to make the crucial catch. That was huge, I instead of the Hail Mary we would have tried a FG to tie. Ole Miss really didn?t stop Us we stopped Us.
    It was a tough catch, but I agree Heath should have caught it, and I'm sure Heath will agree that he should have caught it. He had both hands on the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Walley and Heath saved Rogers last night. Most of his passes to Heath were 4 yards over his head. Now that could've been designed that way due to Maliks height but it got him hurt at the end of the game. Walley is just a stud. He has been that way since 10th grade. A good thing about Rogers that no one has mentioned is his escapability. He started having success when he rolled out. This brought the Lbs up and provided time for the receivers to get open. Big difference from Costello. But in the future if Leach doesn't incorporate a strong running attack this offense will not work. Everyone talks about how great it was back in the 90's well I don't remember Kentucky having many wining seasons then. And for everyone saying Mullen didn't leave any Recruits well he left us stocked, but it was for his type of offense. Moorhead was just a very bad head coach.
    Yes to Heath and especially Walley, also Spivey looked good. Rogers in HS did roll out and pass some, 45-61 was good but there were some terrific catches.

vCash
    Big +1

It amazes me the blame Mullen is still getting for his so called "recruiting bad guys" I don't recall Mullen having so many issues with players in the locker room. Now Morehead was just over his head as a HC.

On the positive Will Rogers didn't play like a Freshman, if he had a running attack he would be much better. Btw I think it's Gun who questions his arm strength, it's not that bad, his accuracy is good, I watch him in HS and saw this. He has good touch and he will get better. Not sure arm strength is all that important in Leach's short game passing, it's more about pin point passing.
    Listen to Nick Fitzgerald's interview on a MSU podcast. It shed a lot of light into why the culture eroded. Basically the players respected Mullen because he would jump their ass and keep them in line. When Moorhead came in- and this is per Fitzgerald- players basically took advantage of his personality which was a lot more "let's be friends" than anything based on what he said.

I'm not saying that makes them "bad guys" as in a bad person but I do think it's probably hard to go from a coach being your friend environment to another hardass.

vCash
    Seems ED is happy about losing now days, I remember how winning a close game against say a lesser opponent and some of you same posters would criticize the "Coach". Now all of a sudden Leach is a COY candidate for some of you guys. I'm pulling for Msu and Leach, always have but I don't like losing and I have seen way more losing season than winning over my years.
    Way too much phrase for playing hard while still losing. Aren't you suppose to play hard regardless? This is nothing new, I heard this back in the "old" days, you know like "can't wait till next year or we are Msu". LOL oh how ED has changed to a wanna be Genespage****

Hailstate
    Let's not act like Dan didn't have any "moral victories" in year one. LSU and Florida come to mind. And Florida was only close because Banks returned two pick sixes. We averaged 22 PPG that year and then 18 over the next two years. Right now we're at 18 for context. And Dan's "offense" was aided statistically by at least three pick sixes that year stat wise whereas we've only had one this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I think you have solved it. Shotgun is a bot.
    If you told me before the game that we score 24 points and punt the ball 6 times and turn it over once, I would assume everyone would be furious.

Just because our defense kept us in the game with their red zone defense;

Moorhead went to Oxford and ran the ball down their throats in 2018, and yet our current HC was determined to pass it all over the field;

We scored 24 points against a historically bad bear defense.

I get it, I don?t want to think we made a bad hire, and hopefully we keep playing well, we have two winnable games left;
    Last edited by HancockCountyDog; 11-29-2020 at 03:10 PM.