Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh How ED has changed......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Oh How ED has changed......

Seems ED is happy about losing now days, I remember how winning a close game against say a lesser opponent and some of you same posters would criticize the "Coach". Now all of a sudden Leach is a COY candidate for some of you guys. I'm pulling for Msu and Leach, always have but I don't like losing and I have seen way more losing season than winning over my years.
    Way too much phrase for playing hard while still losing. Aren't you suppose to play hard regardless? This is nothing new, I heard this back in the "old" days, you know like "can't wait till next year or we are Msu". LOL oh how ED has changed to a wanna be Genespage****

Hailstate

vCash
    Could you imagine if someone here tried to sell a moral victory losing to OM when Mullen or Moorhead were the coach? That poster would be torn apart. Now we have posters that will be walking into the office with their chest poked out, "you guys see us only lose by 7 to ole miss? We some BAs"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Could you imagine if someone here tried to sell a moral victory losing to OM when Mullen or Moorhead were the coach? That poster would be torn apart. Now we have posters that will be walking into the office with their chest poked out, "you guys see us only lose by 7 to ole miss? We some BAs"
    Big +1

It amazes me the blame Mullen is still getting for his so called "recruiting bad guys" I don't recall Mullen having so many issues with players in the locker room. Now Morehead was just over his head as a HC.

On the positive Will Rogers didn't play like a Freshman, if he had a running attack he would be much better. Btw I think it's Gun who questions his arm strength, it's not that bad, his accuracy is good, I watch him in HS and saw this. He has good touch and he will get better. Not sure arm strength is all that important in Leach's short game passing, it's more about pin point passing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Big +1

It amazes me the blame Mullen is still getting for his so called "recruiting bad guys" I don't recall Mullen having so many issues with players in the locker room. Now Morehead was just over his head as a HC.

On the positive Will Rogers didn't play like a Freshman, if he had a running attack he would be much better. Btw I think it's Gun who questions his arm strength, it's not that bad, his accuracy is good, I watch him in HS and saw this. He has good touch and he will get better. Not sure arm strength is all that important in Leach's short game passing, it's more about pin point passing.
    Rogers arm strength isn't bad. It's just one area that, if improved, could really benefit our vertical passing game. It's fair to average for the SEC
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-29-2020 at 08:46 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rogers arm strength isn't bad. It's just one are that, if improved, could really benefit our vertical passing game. It's fair to average for the SEC
    Hard to throw downfield when defenses are in a tight 3-8. Rogers will get stronger, he has a young lean body, he is smart and accurate and looks to the part as a good QB.

vCash
    Big +1

Listen to Nick Fitzgerald's interview on a MSU podcast. It shed a lot of light into why the culture eroded. Basically the players respected Mullen because he would jump their ass and keep them in line. When Moorhead came in- and this is per Fitzgerald- players basically took advantage of his personality which was a lot more "let's be friends" than anything based on what he said.

I'm not saying that makes them "bad guys" as in a bad person but I do think it's probably hard to go from a coach being your friend environment to another hardass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This. Well, Leach is the first coach since Croom on our side and Ogre on theirs to lose his first Egg Bowl. But at least our offense showed signs of life against a bottom 5 defense in the country.

I have not made my mind up about what will happen with this offense. I am fairly confident that it won?t work without some changes (more formations, morion, etc), but I have to believe Leach is smart enough to make some. I know Leach?s philosophy is execute a few plays perfectly but I don?t think it will work in the SEC to have an offense where the other team knows exactly what?s coming.
    Last edited by bluelightstar; 11-29-2020 at 10:27 AM.

vCash
    Good post and good point.

I believe perspective and an understanding of the reality of our current situation is important when attempting to form a thoughtful opinion.

To each their own though. I certainly hate losing.

vCash

I believe perspective and an understanding of the reality of our current situation is important when attempting to form a thoughtful opinion.

Thanks Gun, not sure if it's a good post cause I hate losing regardless. Seen way to much and many young folks blame us old timers which is retarded. This team on passing and Will Rogers kinda reminds me of Dave Marler passing except he threw the ball more down the field but we still lost a lot. Same with Tony Shell.

I really like our DC, dude mixes it up with his personnel and isn't set with a certain so called style. He is young and to me his future is bright, we will be lucky to keep him over the long haul unless he loves Leach and StarkVegas.

vCash

Exactly. Never want to lose the Egg. But the one's(including me) putting a positive on the loss is looking at this long term. Two weeks in a row that the offense has shown a pulse. I know....one was against a shitty OM defense. But don't forget how we looked against a shitty Vandy defense. What was it....something like 205 total yards?

Crappy season no doubt. But with all the players we have lost and the failure at qb with KJ, I'm happy to see some improvements now.

vCash

This. All day.

Next year is a different situation.

vCash
    The longer time passes from last night, the more the shine of "great effort" wears off. The fact is, we blew the game against an inferior team. They had a historically bad defense, and we could only muster 24 points against it. Everyone is pumped about Rogers throwing for 440 yards. Yeah, that's great, but when that's your ONLY source of yards, it really doesn't matter. I still hate this offense. Everything has to go perfectly for it to be successful. If you have one negative play, the drive is pretty much over. If you have to get a quick score, you can't, because even though it's a passing offense, there are no explosive, big chunk plays to be had unless the defense goes to man, and why would they do that?

We've had two straight weeks of improvement, but even with the improvement, I don't think the offense is going to win against equal or better competition. You pretty much have to throw for 550 yards because we're not going to get any yards on the ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The longer time passes from last night, the more the shine of "great effort" wears off. The fact is, we blew the game against an inferior team. They had a historically bad defense, and we could only muster 24 points against it. Everyone is pumped about Rogers throwing for 440 yards. Yeah, that's great, but when that's your ONLY source of yards, it really doesn't matter. I still hate this offense. Everything has to go perfectly for it to be successful. If you have one negative play, the drive is pretty much over. If you have to get a quick score, you can't, because even though it's a passing offense, there are no explosive, big chunk plays to be had unless the defense goes to man, and why would they do that?

We've had two straight weeks of improvement, but even with the improvement, I don't think the offense is going to win against equal or better competition. You pretty much have to throw for 550 yards because we're not going to get any yards on the ground.
    Now this is good points! Rogers was good but we have not many big plays although Heath and especially Walley have potential. But prevent defenses will keep the big play in check most of the time.
    Gotta find a running game to make the defense adjust in the Sec. OM defense played well against us, now that is sad! Imagine if Kiffin would have kicked FG's instead of gambling to our strength on 4th downs, defense.

vCash
    Now this is good points! Rogers was good but we have not many big plays although Heath and especially Walley have potential. But prevent defenses will keep the big play in check most of the time.
    Gotta find a running game to make the defense adjust in the Sec. OM defense played well against us, now that is sad! Imagine if Kiffin would have kicked FG's instead of gambling to our strength on 4th downs, defense.
    Walley and Heath saved Rogers last night. Most of his passes to Heath were 4 yards over his head. Now that could've been designed that way due to Maliks height but it got him hurt at the end of the game. Walley is just a stud. He has been that way since 10th grade. A good thing about Rogers that no one has mentioned is his escapability. He started having success when he rolled out. This brought the Lbs up and provided time for the receivers to get open. Big difference from Costello. But in the future if Leach doesn't incorporate a strong running attack this offense will not work. Everyone talks about how great it was back in the 90's well I don't remember Kentucky having many wining seasons then. And for everyone saying Mullen didn't leave any Recruits well he left us stocked, but it was for his type of offense. Moorhead was just a very bad head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Walley and Heath saved Rogers last night. Most of his passes to Heath were 4 yards over his head. Now that could've been designed that way due to Maliks height but it got him hurt at the end of the game. Walley is just a stud. He has been that way since 10th grade. A good thing about Rogers that no one has mentioned is his escapability. He started having success when he rolled out. This brought the Lbs up and provided time for the receivers to get open. Big difference from Costello. But in the future if Leach doesn't incorporate a strong running attack this offense will not work. Everyone talks about how great it was back in the 90's well I don't remember Kentucky having many wining seasons then. And for everyone saying Mullen didn't leave any Recruits well he left us stocked, but it was for his type of offense. Moorhead was just a very bad head coach.
    Yes to Heath and especially Walley, also Spivey looked good. Rogers in HS did roll out and pass some, 45-61 was good but there were some terrific catches.

vCash
    Sorry but Mullen left it stocked to win for one year. But his last few classes left holes in certain position groups we are still recovering from.

vCash
    Most of his passes to Heath were 4 yards over his head.
    Hell of a WR that can catch those passes thrown 12 Feet 'over their head!!'
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Hell of a WR that can catch those passes thrown 12 Feet 'over their head!!'
    Go watch his TD catch and also the catch he got hurt on. That was well 4 ft over his head.

vCash
    My dad and father in law are huge black bear fans. They watched the game with me and said while Kiffen does love analytics and going for it, they think a lot of the time it's because no one has faith in the kicker (same one that missed last year's PAT.) They said unless he's on the 10 or closer he's not going to make it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

Fair points.

If you look at Leach's time at Wazzou, they ran better than the way we're currently running it. I don't think we've got the run blocking portion of this offense down yet.