Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2nd lowest point total scored vs OM in 2020

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    So don’t watch it lol. Take Leach’s advice and find another team to cheer for and watch.

But don’t try & jump back on board and act like you knew it’d get going and be fun when he gets the offense overhauled and gets more weapons here and the offense really starts clicking.
    most of the whinners are the same people that wanted to fire Cohen after his first couple of years.. Cohen had won every where he had Coached and Most of Us knew he would win here given a chance--same thing with Leach--he is proven not like JOMO. Give him some time.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Everyone needs to pump the brakes and see how this plays out. No one has a crystal ball about how the Leach tenure will ultimately turn out, so to act like you know exactly what will happen is just silly.

Leach has won in places like Starkville. It's hard to win in both Lubbock and Pullman and the guy did it at both. So I have some hope he can do it here too.

This year should be a wash for all teams. Covid made it extremely difficult for all teams to prepare adequately, and especially hard for teams changing offensive philosophies. Also, the fans have no idea what kind of restrictions coaches were dealing with on a day to day basis.

The offense looked pretty bad in the middle of the season, and gave me a lot of doubt. But, we turned it around some in the last 2 games , and showed life despite starting a majority of freshman and having 49 scholarship players available. That gives me some hope for the future. It would have been very easy to just give up on the season and we did not do that. I credit Leach for that leadership.

So going forward, we will see. I do think Leach can be successful here, but I will base all thoughts going forward on results. All other fans should do the same.
    Last edited by THE Bruce Dickinson; 11-29-2020 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Everyone needs to pump the breaks and see how this plays out.
    Pump the break University

Do we have a choice but to let it play out?

Would destroy message boards if we didn't discuss this stuff
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Pump the break University

Do we have a choice but to let it play out?

Would destroy message boards if we didn't discuss this stuff
    There are just 2 very clear sides in the argument.

No one knows anything going forward based on this season. Good or bad.

That's what I was getting at.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    There are just 2 very clear sides in the argument.

No one knows anything going forward based on this season. Good or bad.

That's what I was getting at.
    True but this thread started out with facts only.

Too many on the other side insists that Leach's system is working and we have turned the corner, we are competing with blue bloods now (after UGA loss) like we never have before.

I don't know how it turns out either but like Moorhead, after a certain time it became clear he was lost and didn't know how to get out. Leach looks much the same. We ain't going to run the ball on weak run Ds in 3 man front. He just proved it. He does what he does every game regardless of what a D does or not. He has 20 years to prove it too.

Yes I know but he's a winner, well one caveat - he ain't done it in the SEC. We'll see but pump the brakes on we gonna win 8 next year (Gun) and anyone else. Just an ignorant prediction based on what we have witnessed this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    When you look at it- here is what it comes down to:

We play against the same defense every week now. Teams play a 3 man front and just sit back and cover. They blitz once in a blue moon- but play after play its a 3 man front with some variances in coverage. That's just not a good offense for this league and it's boring as shit to watch. Next year? It will be the same shit week after week
    But to be fair you have to throw in the probability that our players will be more comfortable at attacking this. I dont think its fair to assume we wont be better at learning how to find the space in defenses.

vCash
    Me doing it holds alot more weight than you guys that make tacos, change oil in lawnmowers, and stock shelves at Wal-Mart saying how great he is doing.
    Dude, take your L and enjoy the rain hitting that tin roof on your trailer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Dude, take your L and enjoy the rain hitting that tin roof on your trailer.
    I could never live in a rolling house. I have to have a big kitchen and an area for grilling. But feel free to keep throwing your personal insults that are far off base as usual
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I’ll stick to my prediction. We will be lucky to average 6 wins a year while he is here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I’ll stick to my prediction. We will be lucky to average 6 wins a year while he is here.
    Want to wager that we win at least 6?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    You got the stones to put money on it?
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    If you are happy about today- I dont know what to tell you.

Kiffin gave up 3 easy FG's because of "analytics" which would have given them 37-40 points
    We scored 24 points against one of the worst defenses in the country.

Vandy scored 21
    SC scored 42
    Auburn 35
    UPig 33
    Bama 63
    Kentucky 41
    Florida 51

Cant wait for more of this awful shit next year
    Dude, 45 scholarship players.. so many freshmen starting and two weeks in a row showing progress. I just think you got a hard on for this offense because you could never coach it in a way to make it work. Leach can.. and hen he gets everyone trained up and completed roster and they winning games at a rate you would never believe will you shut up then? probably not, you will never admit you are wrong about anything.

If I am wrong and he never gets it done, at least I am supporting the guy long enough to give him a real chance.