Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd lowest point total scored vs OM in 2020

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We'll be able to beat the blue bloods with this offense. They'll be forced into a 3-8 & we'll pick them apart. You can't do that with the ground and pound. Those days are over
    Gun I wasn?t talking about GnP......I was referencing being ABLE to stick it up the wazoo when needed. It is difficult to do that from a total shotgun formation. Surely you understand that. Especially in the redone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    In the second half
    1. Chop block kills the drive.
    2. Cole’s’ s shitty snap kills the drive
    3. Ditto on Cole.

We still score as many points as the Rebs. In the first half the fumble snatches away a TD and give them one. 14 point turn around. And on the Hail Mary, Walley was interfered with.just saying
    No no. The drop 8 defense caused all that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What am I wrong about? He is a complete failure in Year 1 in the SEC. A Complete Failure
    He turned around the attitude of the team. That's no small accomplishment. He's been competitive lately with true freshmen in the major contributing roles.

It could have been a lot worse. We could easily be 0-8 right now, and we could have been a lot less competitive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Coach34 has been bashing Leach and calling him a terrible coach for 15+ years, going back to his days on SixPackSpeak. Of course he's going to be find anything he can to criticize Leach over - he can't handle being wrong about anything.
    This is just a crap thread and the type that makes a lot of folks wish C34 would just post less. We have AT LEAST 2 more years of Leach and he has obviously lost a lot of players that didn't buy into his ways. Between that and injuries and COVID, given what he has left, I am just fine with what I'm seeing on the field. At least they are giving a good effort and I see some improvement on the offensive side. Attrition has just killed our defense. But WHAT good does a post like this do unless you are just trying to influence the fan base to NOT support the current HC. And like I said, this isn't a deal where a coaching change might be made, this is a situation where Leach has 2 more years no matter what. A post like this does nothing but create negativity in the fanbase. Now if we are still bad next year with a year to learn the system AND a spring practice and players not quitting then I could understand a post like this. But given the situation, this thread is crap.

vCash
    only because my ex asked me turn down the GA position 22 years ago
    Was that cooch worth the loss of $5M a year lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Yep. Lets throw the pregnant wife/child under the bus...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Not even a little. Biggest regret of my life.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    The pure air raid may eventually work in the SEC (doubt it), but it is beyond me how people are convincing themselves we are almost there based on a mediocre offensive against maybe the worst defense in the country
    I can agree with this. Right now, I am neither bullish nor bearish on Leach. But I am willing to see things play out and give the man some time, especially after a craptastic, crazy Covid year. We have seen nothing like it. But I have seen some improvement lately and that give me some hope. I feel better about Leach right now than I did with Moorhead. But Leach needs to recruit better than he ever has on both sides of the ball in order for him to succeed. If he recruits well and get the players he wants for the most, I think he will have success here. But I'm willing to give him 2 more years to see if he can do it, because his track record says he can.

vCash
    What am I wrong about? He is a complete failure in Year 1 in the SEC. A Complete Failure
    What was Mullen's SEC record his first year here? Holy shit man, I respect your insight and posts, but you and Hoops have to take a chill pill. This sight is starting to be unbearable with you two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    What was Mullen's SEC record his first year here? Holy shit man, I respect your insight and posts, but you and Hoops have to take a chill pill. This sight is starting to be unbearable with you two.
    Mullen took over a team that wasn't good at all, and played one of the toughest schedules in the country. Every state fan was excited about mullen. There was zero concern over Dan his first season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Mullen took over a team that wasn't good at all, and played one of the toughest schedules in the country. Every state fan was excited about mullen. There was zero concern over Dan his first season
    Only because Mullen came after Croom. Hell you could have put a mob bucket out there as a coach and it would have been better than Croom. But still, tell me again what was Mullen's SEC record in his first year? I understand being bitter about losing to the shitbirds, but this doom and gloom shit on this board is getting to be intolerable.

vCash
    C34 is a bitter guy for some reason. Year one with little talent to match the system is a big issue. Give it another year. Happy about losing? No. But I'm giving him time to get some players and work some things. Playing with 50 scholarship guys is a killer too. But we play harder than the last few years, are in better shape, and have some young talent and some good players coming in. If we suck in a couple years, we'll still be in better shape than we were last few years.

vCash
    Dan had talent minus a QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    C34 is a bitter guy for some reason. Year one with little talent to match the system is a big issue. Give it another year. Happy about losing? No. But I'm giving him time to get some players and work some things. Playing with 50 scholarship guys is a killer too. But we play harder than the last few years, are in better shape, and have some young talent and some good players coming in. If we suck in a couple years, we'll still be in better shape than we were last few years.
    Cooter, you said this offense sucks and wouldn't work like 2 hours ago

vCash
    I'm sure Leach could have handled some things better, but Mullen, unlike Leach, at least didn't inherit a group of players that had been coddled for the past 2 years. And believe me, if he had, given the way he and Hevesy and some of the rest of that staff loved to chew ass, we would have lost a fair share of players under him as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Dan had talent minus a QB.
    Mullen is a better coach

vCash
    I could also say because of the culture Leach inherited, this team wasn't all that good either.

vCash
    Cooter, you said this offense sucks and wouldn't work like 2 hours ago
    LOL, yes he did.

vCash
    Maybe you guys will be right for a change. But the fact this site exists is because I've been right more than not. I dont think the Leach experiment works out. I may be wrong- but you mf'ers know I'm right alot more than I'm wrong. Hobby Lobby
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    LOL, yes he did.
    He's never wrong bc he's on both sides of the fence