Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 2nd lowest point total scored vs OM in 2020

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    only because my ex asked me turn down the GA position 22 years ago
    Wow I usually love reading Coach's stuff but this by far is the dumbest post I've ever seen you make. Don't blame is on a 22 year grudge. If college coaches believed you were the helluva coach that you perceived yourself as they would have offered you other jobs in that 22 years after the wife mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    By my count we are 16-14 against them on the field since 1991. 17-17 since 1987. For context with this discussion.
    Right, Ole Miss has accomplished nothing. The 2014 Peach Bowl against TCU is one of their BIG HIGHLIGHTS from the last 10 years of the program. Think about that for a sec.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    Wow I usually love reading Coach's stuff but this by far is the dumbest post I've ever seen you make. Don't blame is on a 22 year grudge. If college coaches believed you were the helluva coach that you perceived yourself as they would have offered you other jobs in that 22 years after the wife mistake.
    Lots of coaches go from high school to college staffs. Gus Malzahn went from high school coach to Arkansas offensive coordinator for 1 year to Ark St head coach.

vCash
    And by the time he never adapts it will be time for him to call it quits and head on down to the keys...for good..along with his 20 million dollars

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaChicagoDog View Post
    What would our record be so far this year if we swapped rosters with Bama on offense? What do you suppose the ceiling would be?
    I don't understand why people keep saying this. The Dallas Cowboys could trade rosters with bama right now and be instantly better...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    I have to disagree with this. Not defending the guy because I wouldn't want my kids playing for the guy. But you have opportunities in life that you have to act on or they never present themselves again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I doubt he responds
    Gun I'm not a coward - I try not to speak unless I have accurate information to back up or it's a rational opinion. I always respond. On the other hand, I have challenged you several times on this board when you make irrational statements and you never say anything again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphadog View Post
    We may not win another game in while Leach is coach here but a high school offensive coordinator saying a SEC head coach sucks is funny to me. If only you would have gotten that GA gig you would be the one we are criticizing on this board tonight.
    Me doing it holds alot more weight than you guys that make tacos, change oil in lawnmowers, and stock shelves at Wal-Mart saying how great he is doing.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    When you look at it- here is what it comes down to:

We play against the same defense every week now. Teams play a 3 man front and just sit back and cover. They blitz once in a blue moon- but play after play its a 3 man front with some variances in coverage. That's just not a good offense for this league and it's boring as shit to watch. Next year? It will be the same shit week after week

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Everyone needs to pump the brakes and see how this plays out. No one has a crystal ball about how the Leach tenure will ultimately turn out, so to act like you know exactly what will happen is just silly.

Leach has won in places like Starkville. It's hard to win in both Lubbock and Pullman and the guy did it at both. So I have some hope he can do it here too.

This year should be a wash for all teams. Covid made it extremely difficult for all teams to prepare adequately, and especially hard for teams changing offensive philosophies. Also, the fans have no idea what kind of restrictions coaches were dealing with on a day to day basis.

The offense looked pretty bad in the middle of the season, and gave me a lot of doubt. But, we turned it around some in the last 2 games , and showed life despite starting a majority of freshman and having 49 scholarship players available. That gives me some hope for the future. It would have been very easy to just give up on the season and we did not do that. I credit Leach for that leadership.

So going forward, we will see. I do think Leach can be successful here, but I will base all thoughts going forward on results. All other fans should do the same.
    Last edited by THE Bruce Dickinson; 11-29-2020 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Me doing it holds alot more weight than you guys that make tacos, change oil in lawnmowers, and stock shelves at Wal-Mart saying how great he is doing.
    Lolz. Yes, that's it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    C34 and I have butted heads too many times to count, but it's dumb to be critical of him bc he's a HS coach. Hell, that makes him more qualified than almost all of us here to critique a coach
    A HS coach. You give too much credit to being a HS COACH.80% of HS coaches aren?t that sharp. The elite HS coaches win any where they go because 80% of their competitors are not very good at what they do. I was a referee for almost 30 years, hell most Coaches didn?t even know the rules of football, the ones that did whipped that ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Everyone needs to pump the breaks and see how this plays out.
    Pump the break University

Do we have a choice but to let it play out?

Would destroy message boards if we didn't discuss this stuff
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    When you look at it- here is what it comes down to:

We play against the same defense every week now. Teams play a 3 man front and just sit back and cover. They blitz once in a blue moon- but play after play its a 3 man front with some variances in coverage. That's just not a good offense for this league and it's boring as shit to watch. Next year? It will be the same shit week after week
    But to be fair you have to throw in the probability that our players will be more comfortable at attacking this. I dont think its fair to assume we wont be better at learning how to find the space in defenses.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Pump the break University

Do we have a choice but to let it play out?

Would destroy message boards if we didn't discuss this stuff
    There are just 2 very clear sides in the argument.

No one knows anything going forward based on this season. Good or bad.

That's what I was getting at.

vCash
    Dude, take your L and enjoy the rain hitting that tin roof on your trailer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    A HS coach. You give too much credit to being a HS COACH.80% of HS coaches aren?t that sharp. The elite HS coaches win any where they go because 80% of their competitors are not very good at what they do. I was a referee for almost 30 years, hell most Coaches didn?t even know the rules of football, the ones that did whipped that ass.
    And as a HS Coach- year after year I see referees on Friday night that are among the dumbest people I've ever met. Some that havent seen a dentist since Reagan was President. HS coaches today teach Math, Technology, Science and other relevant classes. Hell, I was on the Academic Competition Team in juco that finished 4th out of 18 teams. Leach is a lawyer. Acting like Coaches are dumb is really just being disingenuous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Dude, take your L and enjoy the rain hitting that tin roof on your trailer.
    I could never live in a rolling house. I have to have a big kitchen and an area for grilling. But feel free to keep throwing your personal insults that are far off base as usual

vCash
    Just a shit post that isn't reality.

Young team & Austin Williams fumbled at the 1 inch.
    Were you the founder of the 2012 "I believe tour"?

Facts are facts. When the air raid is lighting people up, we can call it that but so far what has been shown is worst O in MSU history or at least tied with WCO from Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    There are just 2 very clear sides in the argument.

No one knows anything going forward based on this season. Good or bad.

That's what I was getting at.
    True but this thread started out with facts only.

Too many on the other side insists that Leach's system is working and we have turned the corner, we are competing with blue bloods now (after UGA loss) like we never have before.

I don't know how it turns out either but like Moorhead, after a certain time it became clear he was lost and didn't know how to get out. Leach looks much the same. We ain't going to run the ball on weak run Ds in 3 man front. He just proved it. He does what he does every game regardless of what a D does or not. He has 20 years to prove it too.

Yes I know but he's a winner, well one caveat - he ain't done it in the SEC. We'll see but pump the brakes on we gonna win 8 next year (Gun) and anyone else. Just an ignorant prediction based on what we have witnessed this year.