Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2nd lowest point total scored vs OM in 2020

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    It's limited because of Fr LT Fr QB Fr WR Fr RB's and because of reps at practice.
    Not to mention the culture problems. The players are way more focused now than they were

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We've clearly been better the last few years.

Did you (or anyone here) say OM had passed us as a program preseason? No
    No but it never came to mind until you mentioned it. Aside from very recent years OM is ahead of us. Even in recent years they've typically been ahead of us in talent as well. OM recruits itself well. You can argue ethics but the point still stands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I'm taking scheme and play calling. There is not enough deception in this offense to slow down fast defenses. It will have to be adjusted to do anything memorable here. But I love our young players.
    This offense isn't about deception. And sidebar- I think that really only masks so much anyway. How many times did Ole Miss screw up today because they had three or four guys going in motion and did two or three fakes and we still typically stopped it.

Leach is about running the same play so many times that the players know them in and out so well that they become almost impossible to defend. That's why he has had success everywhere else and why year one is usually rough. It's the Bruce Lee method of one kick perfectly 1000 times vs 1000 kicks one time.

That's why those of us that understand Leach are excited about the progress right now. Now if we're still getting shut out by Kentucky then yeah- maybe worry. But that's not what's happening right now. We're starting to execute and that will only get better with time and in our case experience. Rogers next year will be light years better than he is now...and imagine where he is going to be in 2023? Same with guys like Walley, Marks, Cross, and etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    No but it never came to mind until you mentioned it. Aside from very recent years OM is ahead of us. Even in recent years they've typically been ahead of us in talent as well. OM recruits itself well. You can argue ethics but the point still stands.
    By my count we are 16-14 against them on the field since 1991. 17-17 since 1987. For context with this discussion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    By my count we are 16-14 against them on the field since 1991. 17-17 since 1987. For context with this discussion.
    This year should have an asterisk or not count
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This year should have an asterisk or not count
    No different than Ole Miss wins in 2014, 15, or 17.

To me, it is what it is. Ultimately this loss goes back to Moorhead's horrible culture and Mullen's terrible recruiting four-five years ago. Part of this we did to ourselves if we're being honest. But at least I feel like we are moving forward in the right direction now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Dan won 10 games once, Jackie won 10 games once, and Leach has won 11 and 10 games a his previous 2 stops.

So yeah, I'd say our ceiling under Leach is about the same as our ceiling always has been
    That's not what the previous poster said. Some of you guys need to learn how to comprehend and follow a discussion. He said 6-8. I'm not arguing with him or you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This offense isn't about deception. And sidebar- I think that really only masks so much anyway. How many times did Ole Miss screw up today because they had three or four guys going in motion and did two or three fakes and we still typically stopped it.

Leach is about running the same play so many times that the players know them in and out so well that they become almost impossible to defend. That's why he has had success everywhere else and why year one is usually rough. It's the Bruce Lee method of one kick perfectly 1000 times vs 1000 kicks one time.

That's why those of us that understand Leach are excited about the progress right now. Now if we're still getting shut out by Kentucky then yeah- maybe worry. But that's not what's happening right now. We're starting to execute and that will only get better with time and in our case experience. Rogers next year will be light years better than he is now...and imagine where he is going to be in 2023? Same with guys like Walley, Marks, Cross, and etc.
    I have followed leach since his days at Kentucky, I've read his books. I love the guy -was excited about the hire. But his offensive creativity has all but stopped the last decade. He is going to have to update it some for us to reach our potential. You can understand Leach and still not agree with his scheme. All of his assistants who have went on to have more success than him have made taken his principals and added more layers to take advantage of all situations that may arise in a game.
    "Those of us that understand Leach" - get out of here with that man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Maybe you guys will be right for a change. But the fact this site exists is because I've been right more than not. I dont think the Leach experiment works out. I may be wrong- but you mf'ers know I'm right alot more than I'm wrong. Hobby Lobby
    The fact that you misspelled a lot in a sentence proclaiming to be right is hilarious to me. Maybe you will figure it all out in another 22 years.

vCash
    If you are happy about today- I dont know what to tell you.

Kiffin gave up 3 easy FG's because of "analytics" which would have given them 37-40 points
    We scored 24 points against one of the worst defenses in the country.

Vandy scored 21
    SC scored 42
    Auburn 35
    UPig 33
    Bama 63
    Kentucky 41
    Florida 51

Cant wait for more of this awful shit next year
    Put all your freshmen on offense and see what happens big shot. You're the biggest ****ing tool shed in our fan base.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Players fumble all the time. The post is 100% and if you are happy about today you are a moron
    If there is one thing we can bank on, its coach's hot takes about our coaches.
    I am happy that our 49 damn players, suited up and battled. 17 everyone else. And 17 this entire thread. I would love to see 34 line up against a spread team with less than half the talent you had to start the season with these restrictions along with random folks being out week to week.

What a stupid, shortsighted take.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shrimp View Post
    The fact that you misspelled a lot in a sentence proclaiming to be right is hilarious to me. Maybe you will figure it all out in another 22 years.
    Yeah, he has basically forgot what life, college, and football is all about. Drank the cool-aid, 34 has.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I have followed leach since his days at Kentucky, I've read his books. I love the guy -was excited about the hire. But his offensive creativity has all but stopped the last decade. He is going to have to update it some for us to reach our potential. You can understand Leach and still not agree with his scheme. All of his assistants who have went on to have more success than him have made taken his principals and added more layers to take advantage of all situations that may arise in a game.
    "Those of us that understand Leach" - get out of here with that man.
    Well, sorry but you clearly don't understand his philosophy.

vCash
    It's not that there's an ac to grind. But it's clear that our offense is very limited and not because of talent. That's only obvious to those that want to see it. Hopefully adaptations are part of the offseason.
    What would our record be so far this year if we swapped rosters with Bama on offense? What do you suppose the ceiling would be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaChicagoDog View Post
    What would our record be so far this year if we swapped rosters with Bama on offense? What do you suppose the ceiling would be?
    I doubt he responds
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Big difference in being happy with outcome of the game vs being happy with the direction of the program. Big difference.
    Even if you two are not the same person, I am convinced you are.

vCash
    You don't pay 5 mil for a 7-8 win ceiling
    It's the cost of doing business in the SEC. You might as well bitch about the cost of bread and milk.

vCash
    I doubt he responds
    Why would he? Is leach gonna start bringing in #1 classes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Why would he? Is leach gonna start bringing in #1 classes?
    Will any coach ever bring in #1 classes at MSU. If you can't see the improvements this team has made in the last two weeks, I don't know what to tell you. Some people just can't help but to bitch.

vCash
    If you are happy about today- I dont know what to tell you.

Kiffin gave up 3 easy FG's because of "analytics" which would have given them 37-40 points
    We scored 24 points against one of the worst defenses in the country.

Vandy scored 21
    SC scored 42
    Auburn 35
    UPig 33
    Bama 63
    Kentucky 41
    Florida 51

Cant wait for more of this awful shit next year
    I agree Lee, this was terrible. Must be awful to be an OM fan today and to know that they nearly gave up the win on the final play against an MSU team this bad. I mean, this is the worst MSU team in nearly 20 years and they barely secured a win at home. Seems like a bad day for OM fans as well.