Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
I'm taking scheme and play calling. There is not enough deception in this offense to slow down fast defenses. It will have to be adjusted to do anything memorable here. But I love our young players.
This offense isn't about deception. And sidebar- I think that really only masks so much anyway. How many times did Ole Miss screw up today because they had three or four guys going in motion and did two or three fakes and we still typically stopped it.

Leach is about running the same play so many times that the players know them in and out so well that they become almost impossible to defend. That's why he has had success everywhere else and why year one is usually rough. It's the Bruce Lee method of one kick perfectly 1000 times vs 1000 kicks one time.

That's why those of us that understand Leach are excited about the progress right now. Now if we're still getting shut out by Kentucky then yeah- maybe worry. But that's not what's happening right now. We're starting to execute and that will only get better with time and in our case experience. Rogers next year will be light years better than he is now...and imagine where he is going to be in 2023? Same with guys like Walley, Marks, Cross, and etc.