Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2nd lowest point total scored vs OM in 2020

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    When you look at it- here is what it comes down to:

We play against the same defense every week now. Teams play a 3 man front and just sit back and cover. They blitz once in a blue moon- but play after play its a 3 man front with some variances in coverage. That's just not a good offense for this league and it's boring as shit to watch. Next year? It will be the same shit week after week
    Even if this O where to ever work, I hate watching it. It is boring as all get out. I've had to watch some ole Jackie ball film while stuck at house this Thanksgiving to get the yuck out of my MSU system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    We can change the subject. When did we pass OM as a program? Historically speaking we haven't.
    We have been better overall than OM for 11 years now. Might could argue longer than that but the Croom years probably evens us up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We have been better overall than OM for 11 years now. Might could argue longer than that but the Croom years probably evens us up.
    Croom did OK against Ole Miss- 2-3. Jackie/Croom had a three year losing streak to them between 2002-2004. Dan offset that from 2009-2011. We have a winning record against Ole Miss since 1991 and are even with them going back to 1987 even with Felker only winning once against them.

vCash
    I’ll stick to my prediction. We will be lucky to average 6 wins a year while he is here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I’ll stick to my prediction. We will be lucky to average 6 wins a year while he is here.
    Want to wager that we win at least 6?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    You got the stones to put money on it?
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Even if this O where to ever work, I hate watching it. It is boring as all get out. I've had to watch some ole Jackie ball film while stuck at house this Thanksgiving to get the yuck out of my MSU system.
    So don’t watch it lol. Take Leach’s advice and find another team to cheer for and watch.

But don’t try & jump back on board and act like you knew it’d get going and be fun when he gets the offense overhauled and gets more weapons here and the offense really starts clicking.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    So don’t watch it lol. Take Leach’s advice and find another team to cheer for and watch.

But don’t try & jump back on board and act like you knew it’d get going and be fun when he gets the offense overhauled and gets more weapons here and the offense really starts clicking.
    I don't understand fans like him. They're basically saying that they like a certain scheme more than they like MSU. If we had hired Jeff Monken I wouldn't have been real happy about running the triple option but I wouldn't have run him and his offense down like a few of our fans seem intent to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I don't understand why people keep saying this. The Dallas Cowboys could trade rosters with bama right now and be instantly better...
    I bolded the line in your previous post that I was curious about - the part about talent and coaching/system and success.

If talent, whether that means rating out of HS and/or player maturation/development within the system, does not factor into how successful we are on the field, as you implied, then theoretically our record would be no different no matter who took the field for MSU under CML - our current roster, Bama's, or the '85 Bears.

ETA: given the above quote, we don't disagree. Maybe I'm just not understanding the point you were making about talent in a previous post. Wouldn't be the first time my reading comprehension was lacking.
    Last edited by DeltaChicagoDog; 11-30-2020 at 02:30 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    We barely had 200 yards against an awful Vandy team that spotted us 5 turnovers three weeks ago.

We aren?t where we need to be yet, and we definitely left opportunities out there today that would?ve allowed us to win the game. But we were dead in the water three weeks ago and have shown some pretty clear growth offensively.

If you want to be pissed we lost the Egg then I get that. But we are a very much a work in progress and have shown clear signs of progress the last two weeks, so I will allow myself to be encouraged by that.
    yep ... and that progress has basically been because of only ONE position change - we have seen improvement since Will took over at QB so imagine the potential improvement when we add a few more stud recvrs and the OL & Defensive secondary get this much needed experience behind them .... I'm one of the skeptical guys but I also have the capacity for objective reasoning and I'm seeing life coming back to a team that seemed dead - I don't care who the opponent is or was .... NEVER forget that we scored no offensive points against Kentucky ... Or that our defense scored more than our offense against Arky ..... look around objectively and see the future potential
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post

most of the whinners are the same people that wanted to fire Cohen after his first couple of years.. Cohen had won every where he had Coached and Most of Us knew he would win here given a chance--same thing with Leach--he is proven not like JOMO. Give him some time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If you are happy about today- I dont know what to tell you.

Kiffin gave up 3 easy FG's because of "analytics" which would have given them 37-40 points
    We scored 24 points against one of the worst defenses in the country.

Vandy scored 21
    SC scored 42
    Auburn 35
    UPig 33
    Bama 63
    Kentucky 41
    Florida 51

Cant wait for more of this awful shit next year
    Dude, 45 scholarship players.. so many freshmen starting and two weeks in a row showing progress. I just think you got a hard on for this offense because you could never coach it in a way to make it work. Leach can.. and hen he gets everyone trained up and completed roster and they winning games at a rate you would never believe will you shut up then? probably not, you will never admit you are wrong about anything.

If I am wrong and he never gets it done, at least I am supporting the guy long enough to give him a real chance.