Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Thoughts: This Program Is 100% On The Rise

vCash

Quick Thoughts: This Program Is 100% On The Rise

I've never been so un-disappointed following an Egg Bowl loss.

We are much younger, had 47 scholarship players, & were on the road. We came up short, but if you can't see the fight, culture, young play makers emerging on offense, & how close we are to really clicking with this system then you're willfully blind.

Ole Miss didn't win the game tonight. We just ran out of time & gave them 7 points when we fumbled while reaching for the endzone.

- Matt Corral is an absolute DUDE. He's the offense. Moore is good, but Corral is the straw that stirs the drink. Give Ole Miss a normal QB they aren't very good. He extends plays with his feet, can run, is accurate, & has bazooka that really extends the field. He's 100% a 1st round QB & I don't see the bad decision making

- I think Leach is a far far better head coach than Kiffin. The systems are about equal but the toughness, fight, & ability to establish culture that Leach has done is elite IMO.

- Kiffin goes for it to often on 4th down. He uses analytics ignorantly. Analytics are tool, but feel & the flow of the game must be taken into account. If Kiffin doesn't take that into account, once OM has "normal" QB play, they're going to lose to teams they shouldn't lose to. Kiffin coaches like the underdog when he has the better personnel. That's not good.

- Give MSU Peters, Pickering, Morgan, & Murphy tonight & we beat them pretty good. Give Leach Ole Miss' skill talent & it's a blow out. Tough shit for OM is that OM skill talent is on the way

- Love what I'm seeing out of Will Rogers & the difference is he's gaining confidence in his WRs. He knows he stretch the field with Walley, Heath, Spivey, etc & they'll fight for the ball. The more confidence Rogers get in stretching the field, the better & better this offense will get. Rogers might need to do some long toss or something in the off season to get a little more zip on his passes. A Driveline, weighted ball program might be in the cards for him. Needs to work with Foxhall

- Arnett's 2nd half adjustments were outstanding but just a little late. Make those adjustments vs UGA or in the 1st half & we may have 2 wins.

- I know we all get upset with the OL, but I thought they played well. Only 2 sacks & Rogers generally had all day to throw.

- Our RBs vision & acceleration up field has to get better.

- I think we're an 8 win team in 2021 & begin to start challenging for 9-10 in 2022. Next year we've got Vandy & KY at home from East, 4 winnable non-cons, Arkansas may be in a QB rebuild, & we've got OM at home, where I think we'll be significantly better than due to having a full defense & our young play makers being a year older while they lose Moore & a few others. If Corral goes pro, it could be ugly.

- Leach's time management sucked. Andy Reid like there.

I know this loss always hurts, but I challenge all MSU to see the big picture. Don't focus on the hand in front of your face, but rather on where things are headed. See the fight, the open WRs, the toughness, the young players, the steadiness of Leach, etc. See the confidence our players are beginning to play with.

It hurts I get it... but one year ago at this time MSU football was broken. Our culture was broken, our only offense was the QB scrambling, & our defense had top round draft picks sitting out to preserve their draft status. In just one year, MSU football has been fixed. Sure we need to fill up the gas tank, change the oil, & upgrade the motor a little, but the mechanics of the program have been fixed.

We are slowly but surely growing into a young dynamic team that is about a year away from kicking ass & taking names.

Keep your head up. Winning is on the horizon
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-28-2020 at 08:01 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I know well coached teams when I see them & we are a really really well coached team.

Ole Miss might want to enjoy this one because it maybe the only one they get for a while

vCash
    I'm proud of everyone of them on our sideline for their effort these last two weeks.

I'm glad we have another game or two to go. Keep making progress. The effort and improvement is obvious. I'm very upbeat about our future.

Buy in time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post
    I'm proud of everyone of them on our sideline for their effort these last two weeks.

I'm glad we have another game or two to go. Keep making progress.
    Yeah, we just need to keep paying. Hell maybe our walkons we have in the secondary will even improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I've never been so un-disappointed following an Egg Bowl loss.

We are much younger, had 47 scholarship players, & were on the road. We came up short, but if you can't see the fight, culture, young play makers emerging on offense, & how close we are to really clicking with this system then you're willfully blind.

Ole Miss didn't win the game tonight. We just ran out of time & gave them 7 points when we fumbled while reaching for the endzone.

- Matt Corral is an absolute DUDE. He's the offense. Moore is good, but Corral is the straw that stirs the drink. Give Ole Miss a normal QB they aren't very good. He extends plays with his feet, can run, is accurate, & has bazooka that really extends the field. He's 100% a 1st round QB & I don't see the bad decision making

- I think Leach is a far far better head coach than Kiffin. The systems are about equal but the toughness, fight, & ability to establish culture that Leach has done is elite IMO.

- Kiffin goes for it to often on 4th down. He uses analytics ignorantly. Analytics are tool, but feel & the flow of the game must be taken into account. If Kiffin doesn't take that into account, once OM has "normal" QB play, they're going to lose to teams they shouldn't lose to. Kiffin coaches like the underdog when he has the better personnel. That's not good.

- Give MSU Peters, Pickering, Morgan, & Murphy tonight & we beat them pretty good. Give Leach Ole Miss' skill talent & it's a blow out. Tough shit for OM is that OM skill talent is on the way

- Love what I'm seeing out of Will Rogers & the difference is he's gaining confidence in his WRs. He knows he stretch the field with Walley, Heath, Spivey, etc & they'll fight for the ball. The more confidence Rogers get in stretching the field, the better & better this offense will get. Rogers might need to do some long toss or something in the off season to get a little more zip on his passes. A Driveline, weighted ball program might be in the cards for him. Needs to work with Foxhall

- Arnett's 2nd half adjustments were outstanding but just a little late. Make those adjustments vs UGA or in the 1st half & we may have 2 wins.

- I know we all get upset with the OL, but I thought they played well. Only 2 sacks & Rogers generally had all day to throw.

- Our RBs vision & acceleration up field has to get better.

- I think we're an 8 win team in 2021 & begin to start challenging for 9-10 in 2022. Next year we've got Vandy & KY at home from East, 4 winnable non-cons, Arkansas may be in a QB rebuild, & we've got OM at home, where I think we'll be significantly better than due to having a full defense & our young play makers being a year older while they lose Moore & a few others. If Corral goes pro, it could be ugly.

- Leach's time management sucked. Andy Reid like there.

I know this loss always hurts, but I challenge all MSU to see the big picture. Don't focus on the hand in front of your face, but rather on where things are headed. See the fight, the open WRs, the toughness, the young players, the steadiness of Leach, etc. See the confidence our players are beginning to play with.

It hurts I get it... but one year ago at this time MSU football was broken. Our culture was broken, our only offense was the QB scrambling, & our defense had top round draft picks sitting out to preserve their draft status. In just one year, MSU football has been fixed. Sure we need to fill up the gas tank, change the oil, & upgrade the motor a little, but the mechanics of the program have been fixed.

We are slowly but surely growing into a young dynamic team that is about a year away from kicking ass & taking names.

Keep your head up. Winning is on the horizon
    I just hope both teams had fun

vCash
    We had 47 scholarship players and got down 14-0 and didn't quit. Have walk ons guarding SEC receivers. Got freshmen all over the field making plays. I am pumped for 21. I cant wait to see Rogers develop. He is a cool cat in the pocket.

vCash
    We had 47 scholarship players and got down 14-0 and didn't quit. Have walk ons guarding SEC receivers. Got freshmen all over the field making plays. I am pumped for 21. I cant wait to see Rodgers develop. He is a cool cat in the pocket.
    I think Ole Miss fans even know what's up

vCash
    We had 47 scholarship players and got down 14-0 and didn't quit. Have walk ons guarding SEC receivers. Got freshmen all over the field making plays. I am pumped for 21. I cant wait to see Rogers develop. He is a cool cat in the pocket.
    Well said.

vCash
    Anybody happy about today is drinking kool-aid with Jim Jones and really believes Biden got 80MM votes.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Anybody happy about today is drining kool-aid with Jim Jones and really believes Biden got 80MM votes.
    Man, I disagree big time. I'm not happy, but this thing is really going in the right direction.

I couldn't disagree more with you about where this thing is headed. Complete nonsense

vCash
    Anybody happy about today is drinking kool-aid with Jim Jones and really believes Biden got 80MM votes.
    Cry puѕѕy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Man, I disagree big time. I'm not happy, but this thing is really going in the right direction.

I couldn't disagree more with you about where this thing is headed. Complete nonsense
    the discipline is great. We play hard. But the offense is shit and you cant play D all the time. We dont have difference makers coming into the program for next year. Will be more of the same shit.

A&M is still pretty young but will have a new QB- they will be good still
    LSU was crazy young
    Bama is Bama
    UPig is getting better
    OM is getting better
    Auburn was young in the trenches and will be alot better next year

Our future isnt bright no matter how much kool-aid you drink

vCash
    bitter is not a good quality.

vCash
    No one of happy. Losing the egg Bowl sucks.

The progress is obvious though. Donald losing is also obvious.

vCash
    the discipline is great. We play hard. But the offense is shit and you cant play D all the time. We dont have difference makers coming into the program for next year. Will be more of the same shit.

A&M is still pretty young but will have a new QB- they will be good still
    LSU was crazy young
    Bama is Bama
    UPig is getting better
    OM is getting better
    Auburn was young in the trenches and will be alot better next year

Our future isnt bright no matter how much kool-aid you drink
    LSU was crazy young but we aren't? And you're right..... the 2 4* receivers coming in next class means nothing. If we lost like we did but ran the ball more..... you'd change your tune.

vCash
    Ole Miss is almost the only program in the country that would allow Matt Corral to represent them. He epitomizes everything Ole Miss is and stands for. He was originally committed to my other team, Southern Cal. Go google the story. He IS Ole Miss.

vCash
    Hey genius, tell us again how bad our D will be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    LSU was crazy young but we aren't? And you're right..... the 2 4* receivers coming in next class means nothing. If we lost like we did but ran the ball more..... you'd change your tune.
    We're not allowed to get better only those other teams mentioned are allowed to improve*****

vCash
    I disagree. You cant argue that our football culture was a shitshow. Whether the air raid works or not our culture is fixed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We're not allowed to get better only those other teams mentioned are allowed to improve*****
    Where are we going to get better is my question?