Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor Floating around....

vCash

Rumor Floating around....

There is a rumor floating around right now that Texas is firing Herman and Kiffen is target #1. I know he jumped ship at TN after one year, but would he do it again and leave Ole Miss after 1 yr? Hell I would in a heart beat.

I mean hell?s it?s Texas for god sakes...

vCash
    It would be a great hire if Texas could pull it off. I don't know if he wants that type of pressure. If he fails there his career would be over.

vCash
    Not sure Lane has done enough yet to get a job that big again. I mean, Ole Miss is going to be a sub-.500 team this year. And he's not exactly tearing it up on the recruiting trail. I just don't see it, but would love for it to happen.

vCash
    Dude's making close to 4-5 mil a year, he's older and I would assume wiser, fan base loves him, no pressure yet... no way he jumps ship this soon. Why would he?? Unless he believes he could win a bunch of Natties. But even then, he has time.

vCash
    Also, Urban Meyer will be their #1 target. Not sure he takes it, but they're going to make him say no.

vCash
    This is an ole miss troll. No way midden is the first choice. None.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    It would be a great hire if Texas could pull it off. I don't know if he wants that type of pressure. If he fails there his career would be over.
    No it wouldn't.

and yes he'd leave for Texas.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    The funny thing is that Tom Herman's agent was Urban's former agent. Urban's agent, Trace Armstrong, dropped Urban when the Zach Smith problems began. Sexton is Kiffin's agent. At the very least Sexton will leverage the Texas job to get a raise out of Ole Miss.

vCash
    If I was Texas, I would get Freeze instead

vCash
    I’d love for him to leave, but they are going after Urban first. I could see him getting it if they miss on their first few targets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I’d love for him to leave, but they are going after Urban first. I could see him getting it if they miss on their first few targets.
    Who do they go after?

1. Urban
    2. Mullen - With Herman being there, the roster is already built for Mullen. Just offer him $10 mil per year. Make him say no
    3. Pat Fitzgerald
    4. Campbell
    5. Cristobal?
    6. Kffin

vCash
    I can't imagine Lane Kiffin being that high on Texas's list.

Urban Meyer, Hugh Freeze, Bob Stoops, Matt Campbell all seem like obvious targets. And Texas is made of money, so you'd think they'd place calls to Dan Mullen or even Dabo Swinney before reaching out to Kiffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I can't imagine Lane Kiffin being that high on Texas's list.

Urban Meyer, Hugh Freeze, Bob Stoops, Matt Campbell all seem like obvious targets. And Texas is made of money, so you'd think they'd place calls to Dan Mullen or even Dabo Swinney before reaching out to Kiffin.
    I could see them going after Mullen for sure, but Freeze is a no go. No shot Texas would take that risk

vCash
    So I guy that can't win at usc or Tennessee is going to be Texas top choice?? Again stupid.

vCash
    Texas used to be a well run program. NOW, they might just be that stupid. The evidence is against them recently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Who do they go after?

1. Urban
    2. Mullen - With Herman being there, the roster is already built for Mullen. Just offer him $10 mil per year. Make him say no
    3. Pat Fitzgerald
    4. Campbell
    5. Cristobal?
    6. Kffin
    Interesting Leach didn't make your list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Interesting Leach didn't make your list.
    I don't think Leach would fit Austin. Not his style and he probably isn't their style.

Maybe they'd call IDK.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-28-2020 at 10:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Dude's making close to 4-5 mil a year, he's older and I would assume wiser, fan base loves him, no pressure yet... no way he jumps ship this soon. Why would he?? Unless he believes he could win a bunch of Natties. But even then, he has time.
    Kiffin makes 3.9 million.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Who do they go after?

1. Urban
    3. Pat Fitzgerald
    4. Campbell
    5. Cristobal?
    6. Kffin
    1&2.
    Strickland will fight for Mullen and hopefully go after Kiffen when Mullen leaves. Kiffen would leave for Florida in a heart beat to get out of the West and to go somewhere he can recruit a lot easier and pay for a better staff, just as Mullen did. I just don't think Strickland would make that gamble.

vCash
    Who do they go after?

1. Urban
    3. Pat Fitzgerald
    4. Campbell
    5. Cristobal?
    6. Kffin
    I would go after Mark Stoops. He has done a lot with a little at UK and he is only 53. His brothers status as an OU legend may preclude that (or make it juicier, possibly).

I am always amazed Stoops gets so little hot stove attention. He got a little buzz for FSU last year, not much.